For those of us that have no time for the national team

GOAT

Whether it’s because it’s full of tarriers, or full of nationalists, or full of rangers hating bastards or because how the SFA have shafted our club or quite simply all of these.  Does it annoy you?

A small part of me is actually quite annoyed I can’t support my country because it’s full of nationalist, Rangers hating bastards and I think the reason I can’t support Scotland is why I hate international football so much. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it is the fans of other teams who can't let go of their hatred of anything to do with Rangers in the national set up, revelling in their snidey digs with shite banners or signs and booing Rangers players on the ball. 

Just now, GOAT said:

Aye but does it bother you?  Would you like to follow your country?  

Having lived down South just shy of 15 years, it breaks me to see how insular, xenophobic and jingoistic Scotland has become, and I feel this is inextricably linked to the rise of the snp.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Aye but does it bother you?  Would you like to follow your country?  

It annoys me like fuck that taigs have basically taken over the Country. Evey time I used to go on holiday I'd take a Scotland flag to put on the balcony. I'd be too embarrassed to do that now, because every cunt would think I was a yesser. They've even stole the flag. Cunts.

it does bother me as I used to follow scotland hoping they would win, but since 2012 I hate the whole cabal and wish the national team and the corrupt sfa nothing but disappointment, and anger from the tartan fannies as each coach is given the sack hope their hopes are high for serbia game and they get pumped feck them  

3 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

It annoys me like fuck that taigs have basically taken over the Country. Evey time I used to go on holiday I'd take a Scotland flag to put on the balcony. I'd be too embarrassed to do that now, because every cunt would think I was a yesser. They've even stole the flag. Cunts.

I’m no embarrassed to be Scottish, love my country, proud to be Scottish and British.  I just don’t have time for the national team.  Nationalist SNP supporting left wing loonies will never take away how proud I am to be from Scotland and this island that’s done so much in history. 

I agree apart the part of them stealing the flag though.  But it’s up to us to take it back. 

I remember sitting with my dad and brothers and having to cover my ears at them roaring on Scotland.  Shame that has gone, scottish football is tainted and the vile SNP seem to have taken ownership of our flag and any ‘innocent’ nationalism - so I doubt that feeling will ever come back

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I remember sitting with my dad and brothers and having to cover my ears at them roaring on Scotland.  Shame that has gone, scottish football is tainted and the vile SNP seem to have taken ownership of our flag and any ‘innocent’ nationalism - so I doubt that feeling will ever come back

They have taken ownership because we have let them. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’m no embarrassed to be Scottish, love my country, proud to be Scottish and British.  I just don’t have time for the national team.  Nationalist SNP supporting left wing loonies will never take away how proud I am to be from Scotland and this island that’s done so much in history. 

I'm not saying I'm embarrassed to be Scottish. I'm saying the flag now represents something different. If you're driving about anywhere here now and you see a Saltire in a window, or garden, you know it's one of those sad cunts, usually with yes 2 stickers  everywhere. Usually manky houses/ cars that have them as well.

My earliest memories of football are watching Scotland with my old man and Grandad. It's always been Rangers first but always loved supporting Scotland and living in England it's been a tough ride as we continually didn't qualify for tournaments! 

That all went out the window like most people and I just can't get it back. I've tried to just put everything aside and get behind them but then I see how others are acting to our players or people like McBurnie and it just makes me think fuck those pricks. 

It's such a strange feeling watching this team that I used to be so passionate about and not really caring anymore.

The support has been hijacked by SNP voting nationalists who despise Britain and Unionism. Ironically half the team are English! 

Cunts are laughable. They can hijack the flag, boo our players and despise Britain all they like. It will get them as far as the team gets in tournament's.. absolutely nowhere. 

Watched that shite tonight and it just confirmed to me that I really don’t give a shit, apart from hoping Jack didn’t get an injury it was emotionless. About as far from Italia90 and Euro96 as could be. I reckon the vast majority of the travelling support when I was at these finals were Bears. 

I'm English born and bread, British by nationality and identity, cant really be arsed with international football outwith tournaments, there's far too much of it ,I like to see England do well same as I used to like seeing all the home nations doing well, not against England obv, but I could no more turn my back on my country than I could Rangers.

Tough one for former Scotland / Rangers fans, but not of your doing.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No really. If it annoyed me I wouldn’t have stopped.

Went from greeting after the Italy game, to laughing when they lose.

That night, when the corrupt ref (who later admitted having enjoyed some Italian “hospitality“) gave Italy a foul despite Hutton being the victim, I was so angry, I must have been close to a heart attack. Veins popping, roaring “cheating bastards” at the top of my voice - fucking ready to burst. MY team were robbed.

Now, after the anti-Rangers hatred of 2012, the corruption within Hampden and the way that our club and players have been treated, I enjoy seeing Scotland toil. Part of me hopes that a disastrous national team might prompt a clear out and a cleansing of our game but I think we’re too far down the toilet now.

I do feel it a bit seeing fans in other countries support their national teams, but I haven’t felt able to for a long time.

I used to go to all the home games, got nervous watching away games on television, made daft schoolboy plans to go to Germany in 1974, bought into all the hype in 1978, still had hopes in 1982 and 1986.

Sensed it changing when Souness came and signed all his England players, the petty jealousies and hatred towards us started to surface. I gave up caring after Italia 90. After that I laughed at the Tartan Army and wished defeat on them every game.

I took my son to a couple of games in the early 2000s to let him experience international football and just felt I didn’t belong any more. The whole crowd was different from my day, I knew I was sitting among people who despised my club.

2012 made it worse, the hatred from the diddy teams ramped up and the tarriers slithered their way to controlling the game off the park and filling the national team on it. I got to the stage where I didn’t even know who, where or why Scotland were playing. 

Thats where I am now, completely indifferent. And I know there are thousands of Bears who feel the same.

Thats what you get when you alienate the support of the biggest club in the country.

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I remember a Rangers top in the late 90's/2000's made by Umbro that has on the inside collar a Saltire and a Union Flag. It said something alongside of Happy to be Scottish, Proud to be British. 

That's still the mantra for me. The Saltire is my country flag. The Union Flag is my country flag.

Unionist need to reclaim the Saltire. It's not a flag of the SNP, it's a flag of Scottish people who also enjoy being in the Union.

Archived