McCoist on league of their own

MacBoyd

New episode on tonight lots of Ally/Rangers footage.

What a magnificent ambassador for the club he is im glad the ill feeling about his managerial reign seems to be easing.

Arguably the greatest ever Ranger, deserves our respect.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What a magnificent ambassador for the club he is im glad the ill feeling about his managerial reign seems to be easing.

Aye right Ally. Nice try son!

Is that £800,000 burning a hole in yer pocket?

Still baffles me some of the decisions he made as manager but I never could turn against him though never have any ill feeling towards the man. 

Looking back he was amazing in dealing with the cabal but as manager we were all to emotionally invested in Ally the player to have a clear non biased view of his management skills. Would loved to have seen him manage us under less pressure and just wonder would he have done the same things or been different tactically and bought wiser etc.

17 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Still baffles me some of the decisions he made as manager but I never could turn against him though never have any ill feeling towards the man.

Looking back he was amazing in dealing with the cabal but as manager we were all to emotionally invested in Ally the player to have a clear non biased view of his management skills. Would loved to have seen him manage us under less pressure and just wonder would he have done the same things or been different tactically and bought wiser etc.

I always read my Facebook on this day posts and it’s just full of rants about mccoist and his tactics 😂

3-0 up against absolute shite at ibrox and he still has eleven men in the box defending corners is usually my favourite 😂

All I remember from that shit show, putting to side the clowns who had control, Mcoist was in amongst it. I think we as fans will find out the truth later on. I love Ally the player and was fucking annoyed when he employed brick layers etc to promote us when youth were available but imho we would have done the same as the expectations were high, promotion or gtg basically all be it 3rd division. Imagine he played 17/18/19 years old guys and they had just missed out? What was needed was a blend. I and most supporters would have been happy.

RANT OVER👍

38 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Legend.

Wanted his managerial reign to end long before it actually did and was guilty of a few angry comments towards Ally at the time, but overall the guy is a club legend and he will remain a club legend forever.

Well put. Just about how most fans feel about him to be honest. 

13 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Did you ever see John Greig play? Or Davie Cooper? or Jim Baxter?

I saw Mr Cooper many a time. Ally comes behind him based on my experience, so I don't think he comes anywhere near being the greatest ever Ranger. Christ, the Four Lads come well in front of him on the basis there is no Rangers without them.

I could go on, but you get my point

Just now, Johnstone Burgh said:

He should have left after he won League One, was painfully clear by then that he wasn’t fit to lead us back to the top league. Weird saying that after an unbeaten league season mind you 😂

But it was shocking at times. 

And imagine playing for a draw, against Dunfermline, to go unbeaten. I was there, everybody on my bus was raging! I saw the reserves/U21s gub Falkirk the night before. Christ, that team would have beaten Dunfermline! 

He just wasn't a manager. End of. 

3 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

But it was shocking at times. 

And imagine playing for a draw, against Dunfermline, to go unbeaten. I was there, everybody on my bus was raging! I saw the reserves/U21s gub Falkirk the night before. Christ, that team would have beaten Dunfermline! 

He just wasn't a manager. End of. 

That was the last straw for me, I know we only drew three games but none of them should have finished that way. 3-3 at home to stenhousemuir ffs

4 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I saw Mr Cooper many a time. Ally comes behind him based on my experience, so I don't think he comes anywhere near being the greatest ever Ranger. Christ, the Four Lads come well in front of him on the basis there is no Rangers without them.

Top goalscorer in our history by far deserves to be in the discussion.

9 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Says it all for me. Of the players I’ve watched the three names above were immense. Along with others that my old man revered like George Young or Davie Meiklejohn would be more worthy than Ally of greatest ever description.

20 minutes ago, TMB said:

Fleeced the club for millions as an incompetent manager.  Wouldn’t even leave and give us a clean break he demanded full pay for a year.  Greatest ever Ranger?  Na.

and we were still in a period of uncertainty at that point 

Archived