Junior fitba

gazza27

40 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Any one follow any local teams?. See there is 14 teams pulling out playing this season 

Screenshot_20201011_185131_com.twitter.android.jpg

i follow the local teams in east of scotland junior league  i have camelon linlithgow kilsyth kirki rob roy  all within a short travel   the east of scotland league started yesterday with a full programme

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

i follow the local teams in east of scotland junior league  i have camelon linlithgow kilsyth kirki rob roy  all within a short travel   the east of scotland league started yesterday with a full programme

Fuck know what's happening down my way then(Ayrshire) but it seems fucked up after these teams withdrawing 

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

Fuck know what's happening down my way then(Ayrshire) but it seems fucked up after these teams withdrawing 

very strange i was surprised when i saw the thread and the one about pollok withdrawing   my nearest team is camelon and they have been playing friendlies for the last 3 weeks and started y/day away to newtongrange near edinburgh  the lowland league starts this saturday

Yet you look at England, and non league sides are allowed a socially distanced crowd if the average attendance is under a certain figure. I can't see why junior football and SPFL Lg 2 sides aren't allowed some crowds. Particularly if you look across Europe with the NL fixtures, 10 000 in Belgium last week and many countries allowing distancing crowds. This needs to be re-evaluated by the Scottish Government soon. 

10 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Yet you look at England, and non league sides are allowed a socially distanced crowd if the average attendance is under a certain figure. I can't see why junior football and SPFL Lg 2 sides aren't allowed some crowds. Particularly if you look across Europe with the NL fixtures, 10 000 in Belgium last week and many countries allowing distancing crowds. This needs to be re-evaluated by the Scottish Government soon. 

Their were 1000 fans at the french open final plenty of whom were actually sitting next to each other.....we seem to be going backwards in our pursuit of trying to get some normality back where crowds are concerned 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Their were 1000 fans at the french open final plenty of whom were actually sitting next to each other.....we seem to be going backwards in our pursuit of trying to get some normality back where crowds are concerned 

Russian GP at Sochi two weeks ago was rammed packed, you would be hard pushed to see any social distance within the crowd 

image16x9.img.1536.high.jpg

I don't think most of the clubs that voted to go ahead with the season really expect to be able to see it out under the current conditions . From what I've seen , it's not only the fans gate money that is a problem , but more the fact that changing facilities are very limited , players are changing in cars ffs ! but all the other conditions regarding testing etc are all costly and time consuming for a set up that relies on volunteers (mainly elderly ) giving up their time . 

If the bigger set ups like Talbot , Pollok & Arthurlie have decided that It's not worth the hassle for little to no reward this season , then I don't hold out much hope that some of the smaller outfits can continue to put teams on the park .

Archived