When Paul Gascoigne joined Rangers….

Marky.

10 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Enjoyed that Marky, thanks for posting it👍

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

"Gazza is a legendary player but not a Rangers legend" -@bluenoz

Gascoigne is one of my favourite all time Rangers players of which I have stated. I just have a different criteria to what makes you a Rangers legend. To me, he didn't play enough games to meet that criteria.

You are a fucking joke at times. Constantly looking to trip people up but never really having anything insightful to say. Sad man.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Gascoigne is one of my favourite all time Rangers players of which I have stated. I just have a different criteria to what makes you a Rangers legend. To me, he didn't play enough games to meet that criteria.

You are a fucking joke at times. Constantly looking to trip people up but never really having anything insightful to say. Sad man.

I was just quoting you mate, don't get worked up

Thats a great read. We were blessed with some wonderful talent back then. I still treasure that as a boy growing up going to football I got to watch a player like Gazza in his prime. It wasn't just the football but also the bragging rights, when we could go and bring in one of the world's best midfielders. I feel Laudrup probably did more over the piece for us but some of Gazza's individual performances and feel good moments were unbelievable. He was a truly iconic signing. 

12 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Was gutted when he left...

Probably the most talented player we have ever had.

Dunno if he beats Baxter, Cooper, Laudrup. Be a good debate to decide that one.

Certainly the most famous and iconic player due to his exploits on the world stage at italia 90 and Euro 96, only Souness comes close in terms of how well known in world football they're. 

1 minute ago, peter huistra said:

Dunno if he beats Baxter, Cooper, Laudrup. Be a good debate to decide that one.

Certainly the most famous and iconic player due to his exploits on the world stage at italia 90 and Euro 96, only Souness comes close in terms of how well known in world football they are. 

Not seen much of Baxter and Cooper to be honest. Laudrup was a great player too but I think Gazza was a one off imo.

If had to choose one player for our team now, it would be Gazza everytime..

33 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Probably top 5, but best, no. 

All a matter of opinion. I think the likes of Mccoist, Grieg, Gough, B Ferguson all did far more for us but Gazza was an unbelievable talent. His documentary on Sky at the moment is a great watch!! 

We hardly needed it back then with the squad we had...but he kept us in the limelight. Every European newspaper and sports show followed every game due to Gazza being here. The lad had X-Factor galore and he wasn't past him prime either. In fact, his career probably gained a lot of momentum while he was here. He can thank Walter for that...he knew how to handle him.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Over 100 appearances over three years in one of the best eras in the clubs history, scoring many vital and memorable goals

I'd say Legend status is more about the players contribution to the Club rather than the number of appearances or how long they were here for. Gazza certainly made a fantastic contribution to Rangers and is certainly a legend in my eyes and I'd bet most folk my age probably agree, that's just my opinion of course, there's folk who think Kenny Miller is a legend

46 minutes ago, Willis said:

Over 100 appearances over three years in one of the best eras in the clubs history, scoring many vital and memorable goals

I'd say Legend status is more about the players contribution to the Club rather than the number of appearances or how long they were here for. Gazza certainly made a fantastic contribution to Rangers and is certainly a legend in my eyes and I'd bet most folk my age probably agree, that's just my opinion of course, there's folk who think Kenny Miller is a legend

You know what mate, I actually agree with you but my interpretation was taken out of context and some can't wait to trip you up.

The point I tried to make was criteria to be a club legend should be based on brilliant talent & longevity.

Obviously there are exceptional cases like Laudrup & Gascoigne who had amazing talent but we all wished they had stayed longer.

That's the point I tried to make but I guess I didn't say it right looking back.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You know what mate, I actually agree with you but my interpretation was taken out of context and some can't wait to trip you up.

The point I tried to make was criteria to be a club legend should be based on brilliant talent & longevity.

Obviously there are exceptional cases like Laudrup & Gascoigne who had amazing talent but we all wished they had stayed longer.

That's the point I tried to make but I guess I didn't say it right looking back.

Gazza won a match against the sheep single handedly to seal 8 in  a row.

He is a fucking legend bro dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

21 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Probably top 5, but best, no. 

20 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

All a matter of opinion. I think the likes of Mccoist, Grieg, Gough, B Ferguson all did far more for us but Gazza was an unbelievable talent. His documentary on Sky at the moment is a great watch!! 

To be clear, I am just talking natural genius. The top 5 gifted Rangers players of all time. 

Archived