Glen Kamara

Broxi

Just now, Jasper Blues said:

I'd also add Arfield.

Ran his guts out, but effectively.

Obviously loves these games

Lets just add them all! They all played a part yesterday. Tav was immense as well, as usual. If we can prevent then gettin* one shot on target at home when we havent got out of 2nd gear, it gives me confidence. I won’t go overboard, there’s a long way to go, but confidence breeds success and we’re finally looking like we have them sussed. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

A lot gets made about stats ,Goals ,assists etc ,Stats can’t tell the real story about how Kamara played yesterday .

Nah they dont account for all the clever touches in tight spaces taking him outta the danger. His passing has got more concise as well.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

There was a reverse pass yesterday, facing his own goal, near the halfway line and touch line on the far side. They were crowding him, trying to force him backwards but he looked up, saw Jack infield twenty yards ahead and he calmly reversed it and took three or four of them out of the game.

I also think his calmness is infectious throughout the team.

Saw a different side to him yesterday as the space in front of him is usually taken up by one of our attacking fullbacks.

What a job he did of carrying the ball and finding a Rangers jersey. That chop whilst running into 3 tramps was delightful. 

Not to mention the ugly side, he was constantly doubling up with Barisic on Frimpong. Tight when he needed to be and closed down the angles on that left hand side.

I doubt Gerrard could have asked him for a better performance. 

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Saw a different side to him yesterday as the space in front of him is usually taken up by one of our attacking fullbacks.

What a job he did of carrying the ball and finding a Rangers jersey. That chop whilst running into 3 tramps was delightful. 

Not to mention the ugly side, he was constantly doubling up with Barisic on Frimpong. Tight when he needed to be and closed down the angles on that left hand side.

I doubt Gerrard could have asked him for a better performance. 

He was absolutely amazing. I also think Davis was good.. he absolutely controlled our play.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

A lot gets made about stats ,Goals ,assists etc ,Stats can’t tell the real story about how Kamara played yesterday .

I rarely read into stats tbh. I just trust what I see with my own 2 eyes. If someone has a good game or is a good player, I don't need to study stats to confirm it to me. 

Stats don't even tell the whole story anyway. Any midfielder can have a pass conversion rate at 95% which looks fantastic on paper, but they could be the wrong passes played each time when there's a move on or someone's made good running etc.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I rarely read into stats tbh. I just trust what I see with my own 2 eyes. If someone has a good game or is a good player, I don't need to study stats to confirm it to me. 

Stats don't even tell the whole story anyway. Any midfielder can have a pass conversion rate at 95% which looks fantastic on paper, but they could be the wrong passes played each time when there's a move on or someone's made good running etc.

Spot on , no amount of stats is going to change what your eyes see.........

44 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He was absolutely amazing. I also think Davis was good.. he absolutely controlled our play.

Was constantly in space, I think I missed 2 or 3 misplaced passes all game.

Controlled the game for us.

33 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Post that picture again mate 

Schooled at Arsenal, bred to play fitba from an early age, Arsenal especially school their youth on time woth the ba, shows well with kamara.

There is many bargains out there that come away from these top Premier league teams, we need to find them before they hit ther Championship etc...

No shock either it was wee Neil McCann who brought him north, a man who would fit perfect into our Academy..

Him and Aribo at 350k could make us alot of pennies in the near future..

Kamara finds consistency and switched on in lower matches then we will have a finished gem.

People on Twitter reposting those clips of him dribbling around a few of their players and keeping the ball but the moment I liked the most was the reverse pass he made forwards in our own half which split through two of their players. Exactly the kind of passes we need more of 

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Was constantly in space, I think I missed 2 or 3 misplaced passes all game.

Controlled the game for us.

Davis has always had that ability,Watch him closely and he’s almost never got an opponent within 5 yards when we have the ball .

Archived