Gerrard

TMB

Gerrard is the best thing to happen to this club in years yet some will just never give him credit.

Look at that bench. It is full of international stars.

He is still learning on the job but has us heading in the right direction. We just need to get over the line and all the doubters will go away.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Folk can praise Gerrard all they like but they’re calling out other posters on the process because of past comments. 
folk just need to enjoy the fact we’ve just strolled by those cunts and we don’t have a break coming up so can keep the momentum going 

Key part for me. We can carry momentum straight into our next game and those wankers don't get a couple of weeks to go away and regroup. 

Just need to keep doing what we've been doing so far win and let them worry. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Whats hilarious is @BridgeIsBlue was slated as it was apparently one bad game against Hibs.

None he and the other doubters have been proved wrong on the basis of one win today? 

Aye awrite...

BIB will be loving this victory just like the rest of us, if you believe otherwise you're a clown in my view.

The 5 games since then which he himself set as the test for Gerrard, of which we have won all 5. 

Honestly I don't really care, but I hate the negativity that's on here 24/7 and the pre-match moaning every single week when the same players who are the only players we have are playing or when it's still 0-0 after 6 minutes is fucking insufferable. But I don't see a problem in posters giving Gerrard credit for the good run we're on when the other side of the coin feels far more prevalent on here. Singling out of certain posters should be minimised but if posters are allowed to give it all that after a loss then there should be reason to do it after a big win

We all accept everyone wants us to win. And Gerrard won't be "proved right" until we win a trophy, and more relevantly the league. But certain posters need to chill out imo. I'm fine with moaning if we drop points, but not before, during and after every single game regardless of context. We haven't lost a game all season yet, domestically or in Europe, and have conceded 3 goals in the league in 11 matches yet you would think we're in a relegation scrap half of the time 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Key part for me. We can carry momentum straight into our next game and those wankers don't get the time to go away and regroup. 

Just need to keep doing what we've been doing so far win and let them worry. 

One game at a time, hope even next week away to the sheep that they maybe drop something then the players can maybe have that extra belief that we can achieve something huge this season.

But it’s vital we keep winning till the next international break and keep that pressure on them, especially with them having the Scottish cup game (fuck knows when that is btw)

45 minutes ago, TMB said:

They were calling Gerrard a “donkey” and ran a poll asking if he should be sacked.  People on here actually said he should be sacked.  They said we would go on to lose against Galatasaray, against Celtic, etc.  All gone quiet now.  

Hopefully our fans realise how much we are improving under Gerrard and get behind him.  We’re improving all the time and we have every chance of winning the league this season.  

Negativity does tend to spiral out of control on forums .Close season was horrendous,Many fell into the spiral and started to think that many of our players were miles away from being good enough.

Delighted today for Goldson and Kamara who were main targets and proved the critics wrong .

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

People just cant see the difference it seems. BIB post after Hibs had well more evidence behind it.

He admitted he wouldn't have posted the thread if we hadn't dropped points. We dropped points to an offside goal. Seemingly if he goal had been chopped off we'd have still dropped points as they'd still have scored. He then gave Gerrard 5 games to save his job, his words.

I see an agenda driven pov. BIB has admitted this. From the guy that says an offside goal in a one nil win has no bearing on a result.

But hey ho, we won, happy days. 👍

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Doubters haven't really been proven wrong though. Since he's come in, until today, its been 50/50 in terms of OF results. He's now 4 wins in 7? Games against them have not been where it's been going wrong. It's against teams like Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Hearts in the January to March period that has been killing us.

Anyway, again, why do we have to go over this today. We won. Give us peace.

Folk were saying Gerrards time was up today if we lost due to playing Barker ffs.

11 games, 4 ahead, 26 goals for, 3 against, a win at their place.

Time for us ALL to move forward in full support of the manager, no?

@Broxi

Gerrard was massively praised after Galatasary. Do people just see what they want to see?

That does not tip the scales of all the negativity the rest of the time before a ball is even kicked. Especially when European praise always turns into a domestic moan at the same time 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk were saying Gerrards time was up today if we lost due to playing Barker ffs.

11 games, 4 ahead, 26 goals for, 3 against, a win at their place.

Time for us ALL to move forward in full support of the manager, no?

Think you need to remember mate, nobody doesn't want him to succeed. Whether fans love or hate him, they all get behind the team and manager every time we kick a ball.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I detest the posts saying people want us to fail to say I told you so. Fucking garbage nonsense.

This place will be unbearable if we dont win the next two considering there are posters calling others out after our biggest win of the season. 

Did you see calls for the manager to go if he didn't win the 5 games including today following Hivs? Did you see calls on this thread for his time to be up if we didn't win given his team selection?

Did you call out these posters,

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Think you need to remember mate, nobody doesn't want him to succeed. Whether fans love or hate him, they all get behind the team and manager every time we kick a ball.

They want the team to win. But they put fairly unreasonable win criteria which should it not be achieved the manager should go. 

We won today, we're all happy. But pre kick off there were calls for Gerrard to go if we didn't win. Not let kid on theres not some who, openly and admittedly, want Gerrard gone.

Normally awol after a big win, and I'm not even talking about BIB here who tends to be more honest about it than others.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I detest the posts saying people want us to fail to say I told you so. Fucking garbage nonsense.

This place will be unbearable if we dont win the next two considering there are posters calling others out after out biggest win of the season. 

For clarity, I've no doubt that every Rangers supporter wants us to win every game.

But like I said to someone else, spare the fucking martyrdom.

@BridgeIsBlue has anointed himself as the leader of the Gerrard out club on here by his sheer number of posts on the matter. He wants him sacked right now because he's convinced we won't win anything with him.

So when we've just destroyed celtic in their own dump, sit top of the league unbeaten, and are yet again in the Europa league group stages beating some decent sides along the way, you can surely to fuck forgive anyone who supports Gerrard having a pop at him.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wasn’t just a 2-2 draw with hibs though was it, it was two season with out a trophy and countless dropped points against shite. We’ve been here before with Gerrard we’ve got killie away coming up soon let’s see where we sit after that.

Let's see where we are in January when we've played all teams home and away.

Right now, we're in a good place.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why not? You don't like praising our manager?

Of course I do. Do you want to see him praised after every win and bashed after every week? Ffs it's just gonna be back and forth.

Taig behaviour to argue in house after a great day.

Got Livi at home next weekend after a difficult tie in Belgium. Just as important. 👍

True. But livi at home we've never really struggled with. Killie away is like our kryptonite. If ever there a game to earmark for points dropped that's the one :lol:

Delighted for him , there is absolutely nothing between these two teams now , which is a fair achievement given where we were only a couple of years ago , and their ability to spend compared to us . 

What we need to do now is stop dropping silly points , because we're more susceptible to that than them . Hopefully last seasons painful ending will be a lesson learned . I'm sure it will . 

Archived