Gerrard

TMB

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why? He stated if it hadn't been given he wouldn't have created a thread clearly designed to generate opinion against the manager.

It also cost us points so fuck will I be ignoring the goal.

Just makes you pathetic then 👍🏻 Carry on 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You're echoing my point mate. That's what I'm saying. He shouldn't be bashed after every bad result and praised after every good result.

My point was that he IS going to be bashed after every bad performance ( not even every bad result)

SO I can't really blame some for a bit of point scoring when we do something like smash them 2-0 at their own patch without them getting a shot on target.

I totally get what you are saying and agree with you though.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I wanted him gone last year. But I said on many occasions I hope more than anything he proves me wrong. I honestly think he is the best manager we have had in decades for European football. I always happily come on here and celebrate wins under the man. Sometimes I am guilty of having knee jerk reactions and after Hibs and Livi I lost faith in his ability to break teams down. I would never want a manager sacked before a game of football based on team selection however.

There's every right to question and criticise where due. But imo there's been some amount of shite said supporting that pov.

Today every aspect of Gerrard's role from preparation, to team selection, to subs, to game management went perfectly. 

I'm happy to acknowledge that, others will hide until points are dropped and come out with shite again. Its the way it is until we win the league or he leaves, there's no other outcome. Today, Gerrard and his players again shone, happy days.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Motherwell and Livi away as well.

Im not counting my chickens yet because after the 2-1 in December we had like 9 home games from 14 prior to the split and shat the bed. 

Not disagreeing at all with that.

But from what I've seen we seem far more organised, hungry, focused, effective. We're points ahead imo of where we should expect to be after 11 games. 

We should focus on that, what needs to be, not what happened last year.

I was one of those cunts moaning after Hibs but that's mostly because I'm a moany cunt in general.

I feel like things are really clicking now. We are a few players getting back fit and on form from being top class.

I'm fully behind the gaffer.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

People lost the plot after the Hibs game and wanted him sacked.  Since then we’ve been brilliant and beaten Galatasaray and Celtic.  We’re playing brilliant football.  Some of the best football I’ve seen a Rangers team play in a long time.  We CAN win things with this man in charge and he needs our full support. 

I agree with parts of this post, however...every poster is entitled to their opinion where they see fit to post about.  

No need for this though.  SG has had his faults in the past which has been rightfully pointed out.

He seems to be getting things right at present which is great to see. Fans want to see a successful Rangers team. That will never change and neither it should. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

SG has built a team that in Euro games and games against tarriers we have nothing to be scared of.

Yet against SPL dross we can struggle. That is the conundrum.

I know this is a weak point but it is also true. Astro turf plays a part. Football should never be played on that surface. We struggle on it.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

SG has built a team that in Euro games and games against tarriers we have nothing to be scared of.

Summed up perfectly as a conundrum, we dominated them but still shit ourself about Livi etc. the scar tissue is very deep unfortunately.

Rangers archives had a sesh today we were  11 games won in a row, that is what we are used you until SG and the team deliver that type of run it is fair to be sceptical.

That said been to over 100 games against those cunts and that is right up there in domination  

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thats where ut now matters bro but we've the bit between our teeth and our players hate them 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know this is a weak point but it is also true. Astro turf plays a part. Football should never be played on that surface. We struggle on it.

When you blame the pitch, it’s like too heavy, not enough grass etc

Sounds like an excuse tbh

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thats where ut now matters bro but we've the bit between our teeth and our players hate them 

3 years ago we were scared of them, nw we want to go the depths of Londonderry and bury the cunts.

Thats my Rangers 💙

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re the best team in Scotland mate, surely to fuck we know that now.

I think we know that but unfortunately when the lesser teams raise their game to get in our dial we don’t react the same.

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agree with that. But as I keep saying, quarter 1 we've been away to Hivs, sheep and scum. Let's not under recognise that. Its huge coming out ahead on points let alone level, despite Prso or someone saying we needed to be points ahead. 

We've built a platform, means fuck all if we don't build on it. But right now we're in a better position than I'd think is fair to expect, and that's worth huge praise.

9 wins from 11 with some really difficult away trips is a great platform to work from. Team and management do deserve credit. 

The key now is maintaining consistency over the course of the season. 

I'm quite happy no break this time. We can get straight back into action quickly and hopefully carry our momentum forward. 

Just now, ayro said:

I think we know that but unfortunately when the lesser teams raise their game to get in our dial we don’t react the same.

Hibs did and we didn't do great but lost to an offside goal.Livi was our worst performance if the season as we didn't even get going. We've played hard teams away from home including Scum, sheep, hivs, Well. We're perfect at home.

This season we seem a different animal.

Need to keep it going but let's be real about how we're doing.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

9 wins from 11 with some really difficult away trips is a great platform to work from. Team and management do deserve credit. 

The key now is maintaining consistency over the course of the season. 

I'm quite happy no break this time. We can get straight back into action quickly and hopefully carry our momentum forward. 

Said it before, but the clearer picture will be after we've played them at ibrox in January.  That'll be 11 home, 11 away. True picture.

But im fucking delighted with the current position, clearly ahead of the curve imo.

On 20/09/2020 at 15:55, The Godfather said:

I just see it as an acceptance thing now. 

We moan about officials but the club and manager do fuck all about it and we are not set up well enough to make sure a bad call can't ruin a result for us. 

Gerrards moulded this team to his vision of football and its proven time and time again to be not good enough when the pressure is really on.

Until we address the obvious issues with our team and backroom staff we will continue to be a second best. Don't forget it's only a hand full of trophies before our most successful club in the world title is gone to those bastards too. 

Do we trust Gerrard to stop that from happening? 

I don't and I never have. 

Hahahaha!

In terms of technical ability we are far and away the best team in Scotland. Even though we didn’t win, we proved that in the cup final IMO. I don’t worry about us playing in Europe or even playing against that mob because it’s usually a more open game where our ability comes to the fore and we usually get a result.

That mob have been better at grinding it out in the scrappy, stereotypical SPFL games that we struggle in and they have got to the place through experience, know how and having a winning mentality in their side.

If we can get the monkey off of our back and win a trophy then I think the floodgates open in terms of winning trophies.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

In terms of technical ability we are far and away the best team in Scotland. Even though we didn’t win, we proved that in the cup final IMO. I don’t worry about us playing in Europe or even playing against that mob because it’s usually a more open game where our ability comes to the fore and we usually get a result.

That mob have been better at grinding it out in the scrappy, stereotypical SPFL games that we struggle in and they have got to the place through experience, know how and having a winning mentality in their side.

If we can get the monkey off of our back and win a trophy then I think the floodgates open in terms of winning trophies.

They have been rotten and got lucky with decisions and later goals.

Today they were poor, but not much worse than they have been in half their games despite getting full points.

We concentrate on picking up full points and I've no doubt they'll drop more than we do by the time we meet in January. 

Archived