Helander is our best player

Essandoh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamara was the best player in that pitch today. He absolutely ran rings around Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, etc.  So cool and composed on the ball.  Even with no space or support the opposition just cannot get the ball off Kamara.  

Helander is a solid defender.  He was great today.  He lacks a bit of pace but he’s steady and dependable.  Dare I say, a bit like Davie Weir.

Just now, left winger said:

Probably not, but our best central defender, and is clearly having a positive influence on Goldson.

He seems to go more unnoticed than the other defenders, but sometimes that's a good thing. He does his job really well and reads the game brilliantly, which makes up for his lack of pace. A quality defender IMO. 

It's hard to pick our best player.  Helander is an absolute rock in defense though.

Barasic is definitely in with a shout.

I think Tav is one of our best also, regardless of what others say about him.

Growing into that captains role.

28 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kamara was the best player in that pitch today. He absolutely ran rings around Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, etc.  So cool and composed on the ball.  Even with no space or support the opposition just cannot get the ball off Kamara.  

Helander is a solid defender.  He was great today.  He lacks a bit of pace but he’s steady and dependable.  Dare I say, a bit like Davie Weir.

Very much so . 

What he lacks in pace , he makes up with experience in always knowing where to be . 

20 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Best CB is likely. Kent and Barisic are our best players. Hopefully Aribo is about to step into that level as well. Tavernier in amongst them as well. Helander is in that next tier but has been excellent 

I honestly believe as the team mature together and we see quality added, we are witnessing the beginning of something special at Ibrox.
Europe has taken care of itself and we have now gained a level of respectability there that has been missing for too long. We are now seeing (imo) us regaining the dominance domestically that has eluded us since the before us being moved down the leagues. 
This isn’t ott on the back of a strong performance today but when I look at the strength in depth on the bench as well as injured players we have we are on the up and celtic have not strengthened and if anything look weaker...

If we can harness the consistency that’s been eluding us we can secure 55 and who knows from there. Well done SG and the team today, they throughly deserve The plaudits...

35 minutes ago, TMB said:

Time in the second half he had 3 or 4 going after him and he kept the ball

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Aribo, Hagi, Roofe, Jack, Defoe and Itten on the bench! 

Thats the kind of strong bench we've been missing the last couple of seasons. We can match they taigy cunts there aswell now. We just have to keep our bottle and get 55 now! WATP 🇬🇧

5 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

Helander is a fantastic defender technically brilliant and dominating still feel like he is towing a caravan though 

Plenty of players through the years for some of the best teams in the world (aswell as us) depend on their ability to read a game, as opposed to pace. That's a quality in itself. 

20 minutes ago, left winger said:

Probably not, but our best central defender, and is clearly having a positive influence on Goldson.

Having a settled partner is having a positive influence on goldson, and with goldson so settled its helping tav and the back 4 look absolutely solid

But yeah helander is a magnificent centre half, apart from livi away when he just joined, i dont think he ever looks nervous when defending no matter what, 

Big handsome bastard he is

Archived