Helander is our best player

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RM after an OF win is my favourite place. 

Kamara was the best player in that pitch today. He absolutely ran rings around Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, etc.  So cool and composed on the ball.  Even with no space or support the opposition just canno

It's hard to pick our best player.  Helander is an absolute rock in defense though. Barasic is definitely in with a shout. I think Tav is one of our best also, regardless of what others say

Posted Images

Thinking back over the last few seasons since we came back from being shat upon from a great height by bitter haters.  

How often have we been able to sit back and argue in a positive way about who was our best player in any game never mind a game against them.  

There’s been a lot of criticism of Gerrard on here, some justified and a lot of it, in my opinion, not.  Howeve the transformation of the team since he took over is unarguable.  

We’re back, we just need one trophy and this team is heading places we were only dreaming of only a couple of years ago.

Reads the game brilliantly, great heart and loves a tackle.  Lack of pace is well known, but he is aware of it and plays the game smart as a result, also listen if he had pace on top of his other qualities, he'd be playing at the very top level in Europe.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

It's hard to pick our best player.  Helander is an absolute rock in defense though.

Barasic is definitely in with a shout.

I think Tav is one of our best also, regardless of what others say about him.

Growing into that captains role.

You missed Kamara out Gogzy, thought he was outstanding.

glasgow argyle and gogzy like this

Something that’s not talked about much as well is how much football he’s played and how little time he’s been out for us considering that we signed him off the back of a serious heart surgery. Risk well paid off in that regard 

edit: thought this was the Goldson thread 

The block he made in the first half when it looked like the scum player had a clear shot on goal was amazing.  He might not be our best player but Helander is probably the best CH we have and easily better than any defender at any other team in Scotland.

Albion likes this
8 hours ago, TMB said:

Kamara was the best player in that pitch today. He absolutely ran rings around Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, etc.  So cool and composed on the ball.  Even with no space or support the opposition just cannot get the ball off Kamara.  

Helander is a solid defender.  He was great today.  He lacks a bit of pace but he’s steady and dependable.  Dare I say, a bit like Davie Weir.

Some great performances today ,But for me it’s the team as a unit that deserves the praise .

Kamara was excellent for me,Ryan Christie and McGregor get huge plaudits from many but there is only 1 out of that 3 I would want playing in my team .