*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

19 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

This is how I suspect we will go... Davis gets a rest and Hagi in... if Stevie G does go for pace up top I would hope to see Jones gets a run before Barker but Gerrard seems to prefer Barker for some reason...  hoping Roofe gets a run out too for the game time at some point... 0-2 to the famous 

Jones isn't in the Europa squad. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We simply can't play 3 games in 7 or 8 days without making changes.

Hagi for sure, maybe Balogun, Aribo & Itten.

To be fair, our CBs have had tougher afternoons on the golf course but I see your point.

I’d rest Davis (for Jack) and bring in Aribo for Barker.

1 hour ago, Capetownbear said:

This is how I suspect we will go... Davis gets a rest and Hagi in... if Stevie G does go for pace up top I would hope to see Jones gets a run before Barker but Gerrard seems to prefer Barker for some reason...  hoping Roofe gets a run out too for the game time at some point... 0-2 to the famous 

Reason is well documented in the latest "The Athletic" article. A major part of our game is how we guide the opposition to where we want them. Then we squeeze them and win the ball. Barker does a lot of tactical work. The players that werent on international duty spent a lot of time practising all of this. This is how the scum were so ineffective.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Reason is well documented in the latest "The Athletic" article. A major part of our game is how we guide the opposition to where we want them. Then we squeeze them and win the ball. Barker does a lot of tactical work. The players that werent on international duty spent a lot of time practising all of this. This is how the scum were so ineffective.

Aye the article in the athletic is an absolute belter. 

No idea how strong Standard are. All the same, just looking forward to it. We play well against opponents who try to play football, should be space for us to attack and Europe isn't the priority so feel relaxed about these games vs say Livi.

27 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

McLaughlin

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey

Jack Kamara

Jones Hagi Kent

Morelos

Few rests for some players as league is priority but still a strong XI

Don't see the backline changing too much considering the OF performance and clean sheet and we are away again to tough opposition, if anything I can only see the keepers rotating... 

And as brought to my attention above Jones is not in the EL squad... 

43 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

McLaughlin

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey

Jack Kamara

Jones Hagi Kent

Morelos

Few rests for some players as league is priority but still a strong XI

Think I'd agree but Gerrard will play Barasic and Helandar

Balogun should play in next league match 

If we win this first game it sets us up well for a qualification spot. I really hope we win it, I’m confident we will. Every win in these group stages brings in a few hundred thousand pounds so I’m sure we’ll go for it.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

If we win this first game it sets us up well for a qualification spot. I really hope we win it, I’m confident we will. Every win in these group stages brings in a few hundred thousand pounds so I’m sure we’ll go for it.

Yup, every chance that Benfica beat us home and away, so really need to be picking up points against Liege and Poznan on the road. If we let them beat us at home then they've put themselves on an equal footing with us. Beating them at Ibrox and picking up away points will all but guarantee 2nd place at least. Then if we can beat Benfica on top of that even better

20 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Embarrassing people trying to justify Barker playing. :lol:

The Athletic, footballing genius website...I stopped reading at the Barker is the go to guy in big games. Absolute lies!

Haven’t lost a game he’s started in the league. But, aye you know better than management. 

:lol:

Aye was just about to post that.

It includes Raskin, their star midfielder.

4, possibly 6 of them out, depending on further test on two that were in contact with confirmed case!

14 minutes ago, ara said:

:lol:

Aye was just about to post that.

It includes Raskin, their star midfielder.

4, possibly 6 of them out, depending on further test on two that were in contact with confirmed case!

This covid's great for us btw 😂

Archived