*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect Rangers to qualify out of this group and reach the knockout stages again.  Our players, formation, and system all suit European football.  We can beat teams who have quality individuals because we’re such a good team collectively.  

watching Standard Liege vs Club Brugge and Tav, Kent and Haggi will get a lot of joy from playing them. They look off the pace against Brugge. most of their attacks come down the right side of the park with a cross in to the middle. They just missed a penalty. Brugge are the better team by far.

Given a soft penalty in last minute to make it 1-1. They look susceptible to a good counter attacking team. Appear to play a 532 without the ball and 352 with the ball, did'nt do ethier very well. The both forwards had a poor first touch. Their main strength is in midfield, the defense looks a bit slow and clumsy. Done a fair bit of diving. Rangers can go there and beat this lot.

Tough call by some leaving Arfield out, played well again today.

Think the gaffer may leave it until the home game against Livingston  before changing a team that's performing well and giving a select few a rest.

Important to make a good start to the group and no doubt Gerrard will be keen to qualify again. Club could also do with the win bonuses I would imagine

49 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gonna get pelters for this but Livi next Sunday is all I care about now. 

No pelters mate, definitely the priority this year but imo we now have the squad depth, experience and know how to handle a European campaign in parallel with league business. I almost feel at ease going in to these games in comparison with the turgid anti football low block tactics of most SPFL teams, but the league is definitely there for the taking this season... 

McGregor 

Tav      Goldson       Helander     Barisic 

Jack 

Aribo       Kamara

Hagi              Itten             Kent

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Gonna get pelters for this but Livi next Sunday is all I care about now. 

And so you should! I know it’s Europe but it’s all about momentum.

We bottled results after beating them before so whatever the next game we need to get something. The squad is strong enough to get results against Liege and Livi

Archived