*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ara said:

:lol:

Aye was just about to post that.

It includes Raskin, their star midfielder.

4, possibly 6 of them out, depending on further test on two that were in contact with confirmed case!

How the fuck can that many of them get it unless their prevention procedures aren't tight enough. They've clearly been close enough to each other over prolonged period of time, and others may still be in incubation period.

Our squad getting infected is a bigger risk to us than losing the game here.

I don't know much about Standard Liege but they seem to pretty decent defensively and have had a decent start domestically though the Belgian league does look like anyone can't beat anyone.

I do fancy us up against anyone outside of the top 5 leagues away from home. Standard along with Benfica will be the two teams we'll be really competing with as I don't think much of Polish football. Not to be negative but a draw wouldn't be a terrible result as long as we beat them at Ibrox.

I'd go with McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi, Kent, Morelos. Leaving Davis to come back in on Sunday along with Aribo.

I'll say a draw or Rangers to win by a goal.

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would prefer to play their full strength team because if we win over there the usual fannies in the media get to spout the “reserve” shite again.

But on the other hand you take any advantage you can, no our fault that COVID is hitting other teams. 👍

Let them, people don't remember things like that. Last year we can say we made it to the round of 16, nobody is going to say "yeah but remember you only beat Feyenoord because of that freekick you shouldn't have got" (made up example)

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would prefer to play their full strength team because if we win over there the usual fannies in the media get to spout the “reserve” shite again.

But on the other hand you take any advantage you can, no our fault that COVID is hitting other teams. 👍

Literally one fuckwit who is out to get a reaction and succeeds every time. 

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Who honestly cares what anyone in the media says

A wins a win

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How the fuck can that many of them get it unless their prevention procedures aren't tight enough. They've clearly been close enough to each other over prolonged period of time, and others may still be in incubation period.

Our squad getting infected is a bigger risk to us than losing the game here.

Seemingly they played brugge at the weekend who had it, so it spread to their squad lol

If Brugge got hit hard with it the Standard got it too then travelling there might not be the best thing, UEFA need to look at that situation.

Not blaming Brugge or Standard as they aren’t spreading or catching Covid deliberately but our players safety is paramount when travelling in and out of their country.

35 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Let them spout whatever they want tbh. You don't get any more points on the board for winning in a more dignified way. We've had horrendous injuries ourselves and had to deal with it. Rough with the smooth.

I hope 20 of them are out and they have to forfeit the points. Give us them and move on. Keep us rolling.

My only concern is that surely we are due to be hit with this at some point too. Hoping it doesn't rip the heart out of us and undo our good work so far this season. That's a real worry for me.

Surely if three of them plus a coach have got it, then the rest of the squad must have been in close contact and should therefore be self isolating?

As others have said, we’ll be hit at some stage but we need to take advantage while our squad is all clean and healthy 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

At some time we will get an outbreak of covid in the squad. It's inevitable.

We will just have to deal with it. I am sure that everything that can be done will be done to prevent this but sooner or later it will hit us.

Yep it’s inevitable right enough, however credit to the club for managing a challenging situation so far.  

Monday - Belgian government announces the country is on the verge of collapse due to Covid and their hospitals are full.

Wednesday- they announce that they are letting 3,750 fans in to watch a team with 5 players and a coach missing due to Covid!

Absolute fucking madness!

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Monday - Belgian government announces the country is on the verge of collapse due to Covid and their hospitals are full.

Wednesday- they announce that they are letting 3,750 fans in to watch a team with 5 players and a coach missing due to Covid!

Absolute fucking madness!

The thing I find mental is there's no social distancing in the ground either (so it seems). 

The 3 tickets we've got, are literally right next to each other (row b seats 3,4,5 - for example). I don't get that aspect. If there's only 3750 fans in a 35k (give or take stadium), you could space that right out and maintain good, safe, distancing.

Archived