*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its the only very very small thing we need to improve on. 3 draws and 3 defeats but the three draws were great results IMO.

A win would be great but I'd settle for 4/5 away points from 9 if offered right now.

A draw would be a good result tonight. We can sneak a win though

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching this again and again. 

Excellent win away from home against a decent team. Wonder goal to top it off. Now hopefully they dirty child raping terrorist loving cunts get well and truly fucked tonight. 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Which is no different to Barker, home grown and on a quarter of the wage. Don't think me wanting to play Middleton ahead of Barker means I think Middleton is good enough for the first team, but to say Middleton being better than Barker is 'taking things too far' is a tad silly mate. Will leave it there. 

Barkers not the answer but he’s got more about him than Middleton , Middleton will be on the opposite wing from wylde at east Stirlingshire in a couple of years , these type of players always end the same way 

Bookies have us at close to evens so I won't be having a bet at those odds.

We are a good European team and I think that we will win but a draw would not be a disaster. Going to watch both games today as cheering on Milan will be an acceptable prelude to the big match.

Heart says we win 2-1.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Bookies have us at close to evens so I won't be having a bet at those odds.

We are a good European team and I think that we will win but a draw would not be a disaster. Going to watch both games today as cheering on Milan will be an acceptable prelude to the big match.

Heart says we win 2-1.

We're playing first, mate. 5.55pm, don't miss it. 

HG5 likes this

In some ways, I think tonight is a harder game than Porto, Galatasaray etc. It’s likely two similarly matched teams who have pedigree for getting big results against, on paper, superior sides. 

We’re often underestimated (privately at least) by the likes of Porto, Braga, Gala etc, but that won’t be the case tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draw or lose this (and no shame in doing so, either), but we’re flying so I’m saying 1-2 Rangers. Kent and Morelos.

They seem a typical Euro team - high pressing, 433, technically good and quick getting the ball forward. 

They do look pretty lightweight and susceptible to losing goals at set plays. These are the type of teams we do well against with our Euro style, added with our strength and set plays we can win this. 

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Which is no different to Barker, home grown and on a quarter of the wage. Don't think me wanting to play Middleton ahead of Barker means I think Middleton is good enough for the first team, but to say Middleton being better than Barker is 'taking things too far' is a tad silly mate. Will leave it there. 

I think Middleton played for us in Europe during Gerrard's first season.  I remember him getting a goal in one of the group games.  He did well.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think we have won a European Group Stage away match since Lyon in 07.

We’ve only won a handful in total. Lyon, Livorno, Amica Wronki, Monaco, PSV, CSKA Moscow?

Our CL away group record is played 30 - won 4, drew 10 and lost 16

Our EL away group record is played 10 - won 2, drew 4 and lost 4

On paper 6 wins from 40 looks pretty bad, but a lot of strong sides we have faced over the years. A few of those draws were great results IMO. Record probably should be a bit better, but it's not terrible.

Away ties in these tournaments are hardly ever straight forward.

Just seen the news and Liege is rife with Covid at the moment with every one in three tested being positive. It's these, and international games, that could potentially fuck our season should any of our players contact it. As much as I love us being in Europe, at this moment in time it seems utterly crazy we and many other teams are jet-setting abroad. We have not really been affected as of yet but might well do if we and our players keep travelling outwith Scotland. Winning the league is the priority this year and really need to have as few injuries and dramas as possible. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its the only very very small thing we need to improve on. 3 draws and 3 defeats but the three draws were great results IMO.

A win would be great but I'd settle for 4/5 away points from 9 if offered right now.

2 of those defeats were games that we were fully in control and only really ourselves to blame for turning it into defeat.

Spartak game we obviously had the disallowed goal which was miles onside but our defending thereafter was comical at best, Young boys we simply capitulated last 10 minutes.

Rangers_no1 likes this