*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gerrard will start the team that started yesterday with Jack and Aribo coming off the bench again. He stays loyal to a team that wins. I don’t think the tactics need to change that much to warrant any change. Perhaps Hagi for Barker might be the only one. 

Playing Arfield and Davis yesterday was pretty much non-negotiable for most of us. However I think this is where the manager has to start managing their games as we play regularly in Europe.

For me I'd be happy with Jack and Kamara on Thursday with Arfield ahead of them then on Sunday bring Davis and Aribo in for Kamara and Arfield.

As well as they are playing there is no way we can get 50 full games out of them and I want them ready once we get to February, March and so on.

McLoughlin 

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey 

Jack Arfield 

Hagi Aribo Kent 
                 Itten 

feel we need to freshen things up a bit, Helander and Barisic rested after injuries, Jack Aribo and Itten need minutes and Davis needs a rest. 

I haven't watched them play on TV or Bet365 for a few seasons and the only players of theirs I know are Zinho Vanheusden and Duje Cop. No idea how this is going to go. In fact, I think the last time I watched them Steven Defour and Axel Witsel were playing.

They finished 5th last year behind Brugge and Gent (who are decent sides in Europe) and Charleroi and Antwerp (who I don't know much about). Reputation wise we should be expecting a good result. Maybe @Jelle1880 can offer some insight.

Would think Hagi and Jack definitely come into the team and maybe Aribo too.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hagi for Barker, Itten for Morelos, Jack for Kamara, Aribo for Arfield.

We need to start giving Itten games now hes back fit. Signing him just to play Morelos every game seems silly.

Use the group stage games to get minutes into players that need it.

Canny see it unfortunately , dont know if it's the win bonuses or what but there does appear to be a priority put on Europa games.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McLaughlin 

Patterson Edmundson Balogun Bassey

Jack Kamara Aribo 

Hagi Itten Jones

That'd be my team and I'm not even trolling either, the bigger game is on Sunday. 

I'd actually fancy out chances!

I would definitely look to get some game time for some of our squad though. 

Get Aribo and Itten in for some game time.

9 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Canny wait till Thursday, what a buzz this season is, I want a treble and quarter finals of EL(I’m a greedy bastard) 😂

Why set your sights so low.  What’s wrong with a quadruple?

Seriously it will be good for the players to face some decent opposition after yesterday’s light work out.

21 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McLoughlin 

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey 

Jack Arfield 

Hagi Aribo Kent 
                 Itten 

feel we need to freshen things up a bit, Helander and Barisic rested after injuries, Jack Aribo and Itten need minutes and Davis needs a rest. 

Would agree except play Helander and rest him v Livi.

Livi aren’t interested in attacking so would prefer Balogun who is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back

Archived