*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I think they were just seething at Roofe’s shithousery

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Roofe did an A for Anderlecht sign at their end.

19 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think Stan Dard were a bit pissed at Roofe celebrating his goal at their goal mouth.

Haha, class. Worst cunts

We always seem to scrap with opposing teams / fans in Europe, we piss them off massively 😂

1 minute ago, BookWorm said:

I want one every game now.:coolio:.

😂 

When fans get back - every time the ball reaches the halfway line, the crowd all roars ‘shoot!!!’

(More likely a goal like that than fans back, tbh...😳)

21 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Must be up there as the best goal you’ve ever seen live?

It is the best goal ever.  Look at how he controlled the ball in atrocious conditions and shrugged off three Liege players before he launched it.

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

It is the best goal ever.  Look at how he controlled the all in atrocious conditions and shrugged off three Liege players before he launched it.

I imagine @British_Empire’s been to a considerable amount of games in his time, so it’s quite an achievement :lol: 

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm now seeing a team that has character and the self belief to win things.

Great options all over the park. Backing one another up. Some of the movement is just breathtaking.

We are showing some steel in our spine. Teams are struggling with us.

Then look at Bassey. Different from Barisic, but what a fucking option. He's a player!

Tav has turned a big corner for me and even better when he was at his best a few years ago.

Team is clicking. This was no easy fixture tonight, but for me there was only going to be one winner. Should have been four.

Think this is now a team that have greatness in them. Credit to Gerrard, he has moulded this and I think many of us were having doubts, but these results and performances since our early blip have been awesome. Just shows why none of us are managers, but we do have high expectations every game. It's what we were brought up on.

I don't disagree with any of that. Time will tell, we need to show consistency

Archived