Squad Depth....

beararse

Is key to maintaining a title challenge and that was the strongest bench we have had in a decade with arguably 6 entirely justified in feeling they should be in the first 11.

Davis and Arfield have found form again and everyone bar Katic (Roofe is back training) are free of injury: all bodes well.

Those cunts are for the taking.

Let’s not fuck things up this time around. Let’s Go for the jugular 

AE57B50A-DD19-4124-81E5-DD7313415820.png

First time in about 10 years that we’ve had a stronger bench than them in an OF. That’s the difference this season

Bar Turnbull and Ajeti, there’s no-one to fear in their bench. Thumb and Rogic aren’t the 2016 versions of themselves, the rest are nobodies...

Much better squad depth for us now but ours would have looked much weaker with 4/5 first team squad players missing today too.  However, they key point is that theirs isn’t anywhere near as strong as it is ever pointed out.

I just hope to fuck the rest of the league see it and have a go at them. Press them and they are there for the taking. 

41 minutes ago, beararse said:

Is key to maintaining a title challenge and that was the strongest bench we have had in a decade with arguably 6 entirely justified in feeling they should be in the first 11.

Davis and Arfield have found form again and everyone bar Katic (Roofe is back training) are free of injury: all bodes well.

Those cunts are for the taking.

Let’s not fuck things up this time around. Let’s Go for the jugular 

AE57B50A-DD19-4124-81E5-DD7313415820.png

Roofe still to come back as well mate, Also no place on that bench for the young lad Nathan Patterson who has looked comfortable when he’s come on.

4 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Roofe still to come back as well mate, Also no place on that bench for the young lad Nathan Patterson who has looked comfortable when he’s come on.

Yep. I turned to my mate and said ‘look at that bench’ when the team was announced. Great to see.

Hopefully Zungu is an upgrade in midfield too. 

13 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Having game changers like Hagi and Aribo on there is something we haven’t had in a long time. 

Yep, can base selection on who we are playing rather than whose have available.

i suspect we’ll have an SPFL team and an EL team.

To be honest, it’s quite an astonishing turn around in less than 3 years and on a budget.

During lockdown I’ve watched a load of old games/highlights and seen benches which included Shota, Canniga and Lovenkrands. Guys like Itten, Roofe and Aribo havnt done enough to be compared to guys like that who won trophies with us but it’s feeling a hell of a lot closer to those old benches. 

As good as Jack has been for us at times i've always thought for a title winning team he'd be a squad player rather than a first start. Hard to dislodge Davis, Kamara, Arfield line up at the minute. Plus got Aribo coming back, who'll likely replace Arfield and Zungu who is an unknown quantity.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Yep. I turned to my mate and said ‘look at that bench’ when the team was announced. Great to see.

Hopefully Zungu is an upgrade in midfield too. 

zungu will have to be some player to be an upgrade our midfield was fantastic today  and we have jack and aribo to add to the 3 today

McLaughlin

Patterson  Katić  Balogun  Shirley

Hagi      Jack    Aribo

Itten       Defoe    Roofe

Bench:  Firth, Edmundson, Zungu, Jones, Stewart

All non-starters yesterday, we really have some strength in depth.

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

McLaughlin

Patterson  Katić  Balogun  Shirley

Hagi      Jack    Aribo

Itten       Defoe    Roofe

Bench:  Firth, Edmundson, Zungu, Jones, Stewart

All non-starters yesterday, we really have some strength in depth.

That’s a team at would quite easily beat most of the others in our league, and on yesterday’s form been more than a match for the scum aswell!

On 17/10/2020 at 19:53, MorelosRangers said:

I have a feeling Morelos will never go back to his best. He did ok with his link up play, but he is a liability with silly fouls and antics.

Nah...............he's had a couple of barren spells previously. It will all click with him again.

Strongest bench (overall), in my opinion, since the Advocaat days where guys like Tugay, Amato, Guivarc'h, Hendry, Charbonnier etc would take the spots in the dug out.

Not saying we are as good a team as that, or our players are better so it's not a direct comparison I'm just saying probably strongest it's been since then because if you were to look at the benches when we were last winning things under Smith it would be the likes of Velicka, Alexander, Smith, Niguez, Novo, Dailly etc with all due respect to them players - even McLeish, his treble winning side the players on the bench were the likes of Bonnissell, Steven Thompson, Muscat, Konterman, Malcolm, Hughes, Latapy ....

It's good to see, because, if Helander or Goldson get's injured then the thought of putting in Balogun (or when he's back from injury soon, Katic) doesn't fill me with fear ... if Morelos is injured then Roofe or Itten comes in ... we have Ryan Jack who can take Kamara or Davis place, Aribo or Arfield for their respective position ... Roofe when back upto speed or Hagi can slot in for Kent - all without really disrupting our system of play.

McLaughlin is capable a capable deputy to McGregor too.

The only area I think we need reinforced is full-back cover because I don't think if Tav and Barisic were injured and out for any great amount of time we have attack-minded replacement full-backs that can contribute the same way they do.

I remember a similar thread being made at the start of last season with the likes of King, Halliday, Jones, Barker, Flanagan in it...

I simply don't know at this stage of their Rangers careers if Balogun, Bassey, Zungu, Roofe, Itten etc are strong replacements for the first team. On paper they definitely are big upgrades than the above. McLaughlin is much better than Fod.

From what I've seen of Balogun and Itten I like. Bassey and Roofe need more minutes. Zungu is really an unknown quantity with a questionable injury record. Like Roofe, he is only a good player for us if he is fit and match sharp.

Archived