Who most important player in the team?

I genuinely think we now have a team that could rival the Walter Smith title winning teams of the past, but they have to go out and prove it over the course of the season.

Out of our entire squad, who would you say was the one player that we really cant do without?

For me it has to be Tav, followed by Barisic.

Every other position we could almost swap in someone of equal ability, but Tav would be so hard to replace.

Young Patterson has shown promise when he has played, so hopefully if the need arises he can step up and do us proud.

Bassey I think is a bit rough round the edges, but his size and power would help his stepping in for Barisic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, born a blue nose said:

KentĀ 

Good shout, but I can't help but feel that an Aribo or Jones could come in and cover Kent's roll for a few games and have less of a detrimental effect than having Tav out.

Tav is without a doubt to me, the best fullback in the league.

Think weā€™ll see a lot of different names mentioned, which shows how strong we are.

For me Iā€™d agree our two full backs are the ones that would be hardest to replace, but Kent is the one who can win us games on his own so Iā€™d probably go for him just in front of Tav and Barasic.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Good shout, but I can't help but feel that an Aribo or Jones could come in and cover Kent's roll for a few games and have less of a detrimental effect than having Tav out.

Tav is without a doubt to me, the best fullback in the league.

You have changed my mind on saying Kent. Just. As you say, Aribo could possibly be a replacement short term but no one could fill in for Tav an do anything close to what he does.Ā 

Tav, by far, imo -Ā based on his performances so far this season and the fact we don't have anyone (even close) who can do what he does from the bench to replace him.

Although, i can see an argument for most of the team at this point tbh.

Ā 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Tough question to answer based on just one player.

Last year - Morelos.

So far, this year - Goldson & Kent

I would argue that Tav has been our key player this year, just shading Goldson, Kent and Hellander.

He has popped up with a goal or assist in almost every match and has been solid defensively.

I think if Goldson was to miss a game, I would have no worries about Balgolun stepping in when needed. Our Center backs are probably the strongest area in the team.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Helander/GoldsonĀ 

A formidable defensive partnership is essential.Ā 

Obviously scoring goals is equally important, but you can still score goals and lose football matches, easily. However, you don't concede, you don't lose football matches.

We've lost 3 goals in 11 league games. 2 of those in 1 game to Hibs. That's an impressive stat.

19 minutes ago, don logan said:

We've lost 3 goals in 11 league games. 2 of those in 1 game to Hibs. That's an impressive stat.

Exactly and of those 3 goals, one was an own goal and anotherĀ other an individual error in defence, which should have been ruled-out for offside anyway.Ā 

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think we now have a team that could rival the Walter Smith title winning teams of the past, but they have to go out and prove it over the course of the season.

Out of our entire squad, who would you say was the one player that we really cant do without?

For me it has to be Tav, followed by Barisic.

Every other position we could almost swap in someone of equal ability, but Tav would be so hard to replace.

Young Patterson has shown promise when he has played, so hopefully if the need arises he can step up and do us proud.

Bassey I think is a bit rough round the edges, but his size and power would help his stepping in for Barisic.

No like RM to go into massive overreaction after a big win. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

this season so far the most important player has been tav.

Just now, GOAT said:

No like RM to go into massive overreaction after a big win. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

this season so far the most important player has been tav.

I genuinely think that this team could rival some of the squads we have won titles with. Walter managed to get an incredible amount out of some very limited teams!

The ability is there, now they just have to believe it and have the bottle to deliver.

Archived