Who most important player in the team?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually the most important part of a team is its spine, its hard to pick one from midfield as they have all been great. The other part of the spine is defense and our record of clean sheets this season is how we are top of the league. The guy who has played in center defense every game is Goldson for me he is the MVP so far.

Extra points for his double yesterday :dance:

20 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Barisic and Tav 100% 

We have enough depth everywhere else but Bassey and Patterson come nowhere close to replicating what Borna and Tav can do on the pitch 

Agreed, and its strange that out of all the positions, tav and barisic are the only ones who dont have viable cover, even if we want to count bassey and patterson, they dont get enough game time to have decent match fitness that they could be brought in for rotation purposes

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think we now have a team that could rival the Walter Smith title winning teams of the past, but they have to go out and prove it over the course of the season.

Out of our entire squad, who would you say was the one player that we really cant do without?

For me it has to be Tav, followed by Barisic.

Every other position we could almost swap in someone of equal ability, but Tav would be so hard to replace.

Young Patterson has shown promise when he has played, so hopefully if the need arises he can step up and do us proud.

Bassey I think is a bit rough round the edges, but his size and power would help his stepping in for Barisic.

There's reasons for optimism, but Walter's teams went out and won week in week out. When they weren't playing well, they found a way to win. When they were reduced to 10 men (or 9!) they found a way to win. 

This is a good team, but they have yet to demonstrate that they can do that. 

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Davis is the heartbeat of our team, he takes the ball under pressure and virtually every time he chooses the right option and has great technique. Zungu hopefully will allow us to rest Davis as he's vital to our team in all the big games.

:whut:

Last season I would have said Jack,  it's a close call for this season,  I think the C.B. partnership is very solid and would go with that pairing,  closely followed by Kamara,  but others like full backs, kent, and arfield have all got a case, a very good problem to have this season,  like we have regularly got 3/4 contenders for m.o.m. each game, which shows a massive improvement,  not getting carried away as its early days, and we still have to prove we can handle the pressure of winning away against the likes of kilmarnock or Livingston,  but optimistic that we have that in us this season 

For me its more about the team being 3 units: defence, middfield and attack.

Its about the players in the individual units digging in blind and working hard for each other for the good and benefit of the entire Team.

Its about the attitude, the Gaul, the will to not let your team mate down.

Its about the conjoined will to win.

WATP

NO Surrender

We are ascending to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

1 minute ago, qwerty said:

For me its more about the team being 3 units: defence, middfield and attack.

Its about the players in the individual units digging in blind and working hard for each other for the good and benefit of the entire Team.

Its about the attitude, the Gaul, the will to not let your team mate down.

Its about the conjoined will to win.

WATP

NO Surrender

We are ascending to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

You still mwi mate 

Tough to say really. The full backs are absolutely critical to our system, but they can’t play without a great CB partnership. Supported by a top drawer shot stopper in McGregor.

Kamara & Davis are key to keeping the ball, and Morelos key to holding it up. Kent is the guy that unlocks the defences for us, and Arfield is the guy breaking lines.

All is know is Barker is dug meat. 

Goldson for me , though its his partnership with Helander that's vital . 

Id been screaming out for a commanding CH last sesson and would have chased CG , but happy to be proven wrong , he's been outstanding this season . 

The partnership at the center of the defense is the keystone to any successful team and breeds confidence throughout the team , and its been years since we've been so solid at the back . 

Archived