Who most important player in the team?

Who would we be most screwed if we lost to injury? The candidates are Kent, Helander, Tav and Barisic imo. Probably Tav because of our system and his lack of cover. Helander would be a massive miss in the really big games though. And Kent when it comes to breaking down wee teams.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tav, the gulf between him and his natural stand in is the biggest compared to any other position, not a reflection on Nathan Patterson but a reflection on how much Tav gives us.

We're gifted for CB's, once we have Katic back we have 5 who can do a job. Bassey has shown he can step in for Barisic, we have with Zungu still to feature, plenty of options in mid, with Aribo, Roofe and Itten back we have plenty of options up front.

Gerrard has built a strong squad, our bench looks better than it has in years, but losing Tav would be the biggest single blow possible.

On 18/10/2020 at 21:19, sausagetrunks said:

the whole squad, and management team.  they're all working hard for each other and there is a great togetherness from the management-coaches right thro the whole squad.  

Good shout mate............ agree with all of this but if pushed to say one player then it would need to be Tav.

He's been exceptional again this season.

I think we are only now starting to see the team grasp the tactics fully. We have grown from a team that was very good at playing football to a team that is a lot wiser. Its as if we choose when to play. We are extremely good off the ball and guide our opposition into certain positions and let "pressing victims" get the ball before knicking it off them. I would recommend everyone to buy the article about it on The Athletic.

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think we are only now starting to see the team grasp the tactics fully. We have grown from a team that was very good at playing football to a team that is a lot wiser. Its as if we choose when to play. We are extremely good off the ball and guide our opposition into certain positions and let "pressing victims" get the ball before knicking it off them. I would recommend everyone to buy the article about it on The Athletic.

Got a link mate? 

Archived