Would you take any of their players?

Starting XI v Starting XI. We might be better now player for player and it shows with saying Edouard, McGregor and Christie are the only 3 I'd definitely take, with a few border lines in there too. 

I still think they've a wee bit more quality in depth than us though although that perception may change when signings hit the ground properly. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, tell the truth with no partisan blue mist clouding the favouites.

Firstly their captain. Every team needs a player like this who knows where all the best kebab shops are no matter the time of night.

Their new, one of the top 10 in the world left backs.  Keeps them on the right side of the law meeting their quota of Lgbtq........or whatever the fuck he is etc etc. Plus he can multi-task by braiding your hair before you go on holiday.

The goalkeeper who showed even more class by stealing immigrant and refugees classy shell suits and converting them into his goalies uniform.

Must remember to stay off my oxypro before I go online.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Callum McGregor in a heartbeat he's basically the midfielder the majority of this board have been wanting us to sign for years now

Nobody else. 

Agreed - but hopefully Zungu is better. Another advantage is that Zungu is a Zulu and not a tim.

I think McGregors a good player but he runs out of steam quick then starts to drift out of games, watching the second half he was just running about but not tackling doing that thing players do when their teams gubbed.

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

We would have won a lot more over the years if we had brown in our midfield 

He's finished, he's been done for good few seasons now covered up by the fact we had a shit team for so long under Pedro Warburton and Murty.

I think that some of the players there came for Brendan Rodgers and now the Lurgan Plopp is in, they want out. I woud not have any of them as I think we are better in all departments and improving.

Forrest is a better player than Barker, McGregor is exactly what we have needed in midfield for years and Edouard is a good striker.

The player I’ve never seen the hype with is Christie. I think he’s over rated. Not just for celtic but for Scotland too where there seems to be uproar if he is out or misses a squad through injury. I’m yet to see what the hype is all about. Funnily enough I don’t think he’s ever had a good game against us but it doesn’t get highlighted anywhere near as much as Morelos’ below par performances against them do.

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Agreed - but hopefully Zungu is better. Another advantage is that Zungu is a Zulu and not a tim.

I don't think Zungu is that type of give-and-go, intricate passing player - but I agree, the big advantage is he doesn't play for those filthy cunts. 

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Forrest is a better player than Barker, McGregor is exactly what we have needed in midfield for years and Edouard is a good striker.

The player I’ve never seen the hype with is Christie. I think he’s over rated. Not just for celtic but for Scotland too where there seems to be uproar if he is out or misses a squad through injury. I’m yet to see what the hype is all about. Funnily enough I don’t think he’s ever had a good game against us but it doesn’t get highlighted anywhere near as much as Morelos’ below par performances against them do.

Nope, never. Not even when on loan at Aberdeen. Must have played against us 10+ times now over the course of his career and done absolutely fuck all. 

Like I said, he sprints about and tries to throw himself into tackles but does nothing else. 

Brown Forrest christie and Edouard ( Brown is not a great player but hate to say he is a good player for game management) 

the rest I don’t think are up to much Griffiths is obviously a good goal scorer but is a disgusting bastard 

David Murray and Craig Whyte done more for Scott Brown's celtic career than any coach did.

He was muck average before Whyte arrived, he lived of a celebration which ultimately made him look like a daft cunt when Diouf done it lifting a title. 

He was exposed by a manager when we played in the Championship. 

He has been castrated and made to look like an absolute dick by us tactically several times in the last 19 months. 

His most relevant time came when we were more relevant playing sides like Annan and Elgin. He has always been an muck average football player who run riot when he had zero competition. 

The hype hate and interest we have given him over the years has always boiled my piss. 

Their new keeper because he's "elite" 

The weird wee left back because he's in the top 10 in the world. 

Ajer because it would be silly not to get him in before he ends up at Real Madrid or Bayern. 

Duffy because we haven't had one of the world's best defenders in our side probably since Butcher. 

Brown because he's better than Ferguson was even at his peak. 

Mcgregor because you'd have to sign a guy who's good enough to play for Barcelona according to Damien Duff. 

Forrest because its a toss up as to who's better between him and Laudrup. 

Klimala because why wouldn't we want the new Lewandowski? 

And Edouard because it would be just plain silly not to take an (insert any fucking ridiculous number of millions) pound striker. 

Fucking lol. 

They have a half dozen decent players who have honed their skills against shite.
All the big money players they sold never turned out to be world class,probably just decent players.
They have been all smoke and mirrors since 2012.
With a bit of luck we have the measure of them.
Not so sure they will be cashing in on big money as runners up in a shite league.

We look like a team/squad that has matured, they look like a team/squad that is over the hill and past it (based on Saturday). Last season tells us though, celtic know how to get results when playing badly - we need to find consistency over the season. I would say, Mcgregor, Forrest, Christie and Edouard would all add something to our squad. I think not getting Forster could be costly for them and they still haven't addressed their weakness at centre back. We on the other hand have strenghtened, centre back and forward positions and other players like Kent, Aribo and Arfield have stepped up to the plate. Our big test of mentality will be going to Rugby Park in 2 weeks and doing a job on Kilmarnock when we know it'll be a physical battle and they'll put men behind the ball. 

6 hours ago, The Sinner said:

Brown Forrest christie and Edouard ( Brown is not a great player but hate to say he is a good player for game management) 

Can see where you're coming from there, his leadership qualities were certainly highlighted on Saturday. 

Fack off 

Archived