Rangers Now Title Favourites

drewgardiner88

All betting outlets I have seen tonight they have put us ahead of the scum as favourites to win the league this year...

Surely that is a good omen and testament to how far we have come. 

I know it is only Oct and don't want to jump the gun but I have a feeling this year. Especially after the manner of our  Old Firm win. 

Hopefully we can kick on and create a gap before the new year!

I think we are favourites now. I think the false dawns the last couple of years after beating them are now a thing of the past.

I think there's a maturity and character about our team now. It's took some sore results, false dawns, bad signings and trophy less campaigns to get there.

and I say that as someone who could easily end up with egg on his face should we revert back to our old ways and start dropping points again. Like it or not, that's the nature of either of the Old Firm in a genuine title race - you're only as good as your last game.

Hopefully the team don't let us down again because we have a real good chance of stopping their tainted ten.

4 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

All betting outlets I have seen tonight they have put us ahead of the scum as favourites to win the league this year...

Surely that is a good omen and testament to how far we have come. 

I know it is only Oct and don't want to jump the gun but I have a feeling this year. Especially after the manner of our  Old Firm win. 

Hopefully we can kick on and create a gap before the new year!

Keep the heid mate, never string yer bow while it's raining.

Odds change with betting patterns, likely a lot of folk watched us dismantle them with ease and piled in on us. 

2 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Keep the heid mate, never string yer bow while it's raining.

Odds change with betting patterns, likely a lot of folk watched us dismantle them with ease and piled in on us. 

Aye they don't adjust prices like that in relation to what they think or don't think is going to happen, all they're doing is trying to make a profit.

The scum have plenty up their sleeves to turn this in their favour. They'll start rolling out the seriously sinister tactics now - pressuring refs, pressuring journos, talking up the importance of a 10IAR, calling in favours from their pals in the government/SPL. Anything they can do around fixture lists, opening stadiums, quarantining players etc, they will do at the most opportune moments.

This league has only just started for us and it'll get much, much more difficult as each week passes.

If we pull this off, I'll personally consider it an absolutely monumental achievement due to the forces we're up against. It would be un-toppable imo.

42 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We should be quietly restating that we are underdogs, Celtic are the champions for a reason etc. Need media narrative to match that sentiment irrespective of what the bookies say

Put all the pressure on them, not on ourselves.

Yes. Bearing in mind it was last year’s team that won yesterday, we know they don’t always respond well to

expectation.

Also, this could change from week to week as the season develops.

The tramps have made all the headlines re COVID so far.

It would be great, but probably impractical, to think that we aren’t going to have issues at some point, with who knows what impact.

Even travelling to their midden might have put us at huge risk - we can’t afford to get carried away.

Apart from having a right good laugh & time at their expense this weekend, of course!!

3 hours ago, simplythebestest said:

The scum have plenty up their sleeves to turn this in their favour. They'll start rolling out the seriously sinister tactics now - pressuring refs, pressuring journos, talking up the importance of a 10IAR, calling in favours from their pals in the government/SPL. Anything they can do around fixture lists, opening stadiums, quarantining players etc, they will do at the most opportune moments.

This league has only just started for us and it'll get much, much more difficult as each week passes.

If we pull this off, I'll personally consider it an absolutely monumental achievement due to the forces we're up against. It would be un-toppable imo.

Post of the day 👍

To me, this time round, it feels a bit like when an undefeated boxing champion gets soundly beaten.

A. Their ego is such that they were not expecting it.

B. They don’t know how to respond.

C. Their cloak of invincibility disappears overnight, the fear factor evaporates and others choose to have a square go. MikeTyson getting floored by Buster Douglas sponge to mind.

Without getting carried away (and it’s hard not to in the aftermath), it does feel like the tide has turned. It also feels very different to the last victory. This result is part of a sequence rather than something that can be written off as one off v them.

We beat them in style in the new year, and we’ve also played them off the pitch in the League Cup final, should have got something from the game where Alfie got sent off after half an hour and we didn’t even get out of 2nd gear on Saturday. None of these games were at Ibrox either.

Saturday’s comprehensive victory also came directly after a break and not before. In recent times we’ve been slow off the block after an enforced break.

Finally, the squad now has variety and depth so we should be able to adapt more readily to any upcoming challenges. 

We now have competition aplenty for a place in defence, creativity/solidity/experience available for the mid field with Hagi/Jack/Kamara/Arfield/Aribo/Davis/Zungu vying for 3 places and options up front. No longer do we need to turn to a small striker to replace a small striker or stick to one up front.

I have every confidence that this squad now has capability to take us to 55.

Its in our hands.

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

To me, this time round, it feels a bit like when an undefeated boxing champion gets soundly beaten.

A. They’re ego is such that they were not expecting it.

B. They don’t know how to respond.

C. Their cloak of invincibility disappears overnight, the fear factor evaporates and others choose to have a square go. MikeTyson getting floored by Buster Douglas sponge to mind.

Without getting carried away (and it’s hard not to in the aftermath), it does feel like the tide has turned. It also feels very different to the last victory. This result is part of a sequence rather than something that can be written off as one off v them.

We beat them in style in the new year, and we’ve also played them off the pitch in the League Cup final, should have got something from the game where Alfie got sent off after half an hour and we didn’t even get out of 2nd gear on Saturday. None of these games were at Ibrox either.

Saturday’s comprehensive victory also came directly after a break and not before. In recent times we’ve been slow off the block after an enforced break.

Finally, the squad now has variety and depth so we should be able to adapt more readily to any upcoming challenges. 

We now have competition aplenty for a place in defence, creativity/solidity/experience available for the mid field with Hagi/Jack/Kamara/Arfield/Aribo/Davis/Zungu vying for 3 places and options up front. No longer do we need to turn to a small striker to replace a small striker or stick to one up front.

I have every confidence that this squad now has capability to take us to 55.

Its in our hands.

Think this is the main point. If we keep performing the way we are capable of and grinding results when we are not on form (a common theme for the filth) we will go all the way. 

It is no longer a question if we have the team good enough to do it it is all about belief and desire for them now. 

No disrespect . Title favourites mean absolutely hee haw in the month of October .

It would be a sad old day,if that was what we all got excited about  . Long long long way to go 

Remember 1998 and 2008 when we had double digit points leads before Christmas .

As good as Sunday was . We need to cool the jets and keep to the one game at a time . Especially after what's happened , these past few seasons 

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

We should be quietly restating that we are underdogs, Celtic are the champions for a reason etc. Need media narrative to match that sentiment irrespective of what the bookies say

This in spades full. Put all the pressure of expectation on them, then sit back and watch the freak show explode when they have a hiccup in results. Getting hammered in Europe would also help the chances of a meltdown at the Stade de Nonce.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Not to be forgotten but scum are playing in 2 Scottish Cups this season which is going to lead to a fixture pile up for them probably at a time when the weather is nasty. What a shame.

All their own doing too.

Hope it comes back to bite them on the arse.

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

It's definitely the attitude we should be taking. Management seem to be doing the same with Gerrard saying they are still the team to beat. 

We've just got to stay focused on the next game and that's it. Let them continue to ramp pressure on themselves. 

Archived