Importance of the Next league match

RFCRobertson

Honestly cant be doing with a repest of last season, beat the scum at parkhead Only to go and drop points the next game. 

for me this next one against livinston is the most important game so far in the season that'll show the ability of this team. Absolutely need to kick on and beat them convincingly! Especially since we dropped points to them earlier in the season. 

after that the confidence will be massive and can hopefully go on a good run of results afterwards and wrap the title up soon as possible!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Honestly cant be doing with a repest of last season, beat the scum at parkhead Only to go and drop points the next game. 

for me this next one against livinston is the most important game so far in the season that'll show the ability of this team. Absolutely need to kick on and beat them convincingly! Especially since we dropped points to them earlier in the season. 

after that the confidence will be massive and can hopefully go on a good run of results afterwards and wrap the title up soon as possible!

Its a big game alright, the pressure will be back on us as the scum play sheep earlier and will likely win. Its about us showing we can deal with pressure better than last year.

I'll take the shittiest 1 nil win if needs be.

I said to my mate, if we lost on Saturday, it was far from over, so its certainly far from over after winning. In the time Gerrard has been here in terms of results against the rotten mob they have been pretty balanced barring the shambles of the league cup final. The next step is the real test, stay ahead in the run up to Christmas, we've already been to hard grounds, no visits to Pittodrie, Easter Road, Almondvale, Tynecastle or the piggery, only Tannadice and Rugby Park that should be really concerning. Just keep winning and it's ours to lose

They are bound to drop points over the next few league games especially with Europa League starting. They have been papering over the cracks with late winners recently and have hardly been convincing after European games in the past.

We must take advantage and I'm confident we will, we are in great form.

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

We shouldn’t be worrying about Celtic now until we play them at new year. It’s back to being all about us. If they drop points it’s a bonus nothing else.

Saturdays result was massive in that aspect. Back in our own hands. Need to keep on winning so that it wont matter what those cunts do. 

32 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Every game is important, we will drop points just a matter of when and how many.

Yeah its gonna be a long season with ups and downs , important we as fans , plus players and management don't get too high or too low after results , gerrard looks a lot more focused in that department this season imo 

Wonder what kind of refereeing we’ll have to overcome in next few weeks? the refereeing after we beat them at the piggery last year was the worst I’ve ever seen, hope the club will be keeping an eye on it and are prepared to confront it if we see the same over next few weeks 

52 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Might pee my pants if the filth drop points at Aberdeen earlier in the day. 

I actually don't think it's as outrageous for them to drop points up there than it normally is. Just how the way they play with the 3 diddies at the back passing the ball to each other. Aberdeen would just sit in and let them have the ball. It would certainly be a nice wee bonus as long as we win of course:lol:

24 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wonder what kind of refereeing we’ll have to overcome in next few weeks? the refereeing after we beat them at the piggery last year was the worst I’ve ever seen, hope the club will be keeping an eye on it and are prepared to confront it if we see the same over next few weeks 

Hopefully we will prove too strong even in the face of dodgy officiating - and you can bet your mortgage we will face some.

As Clancy pointed out, they are all aware of what is at stake

We were dire after the break but even so two games that stand out for me were Kilmarnock where Beaton was shocking and Aberdeen 0-0 at Ibrox where they basically kicked us off the park for 90 minutes with impunity. The same impunity has been evident in a few games already this season, most notably Easter Rd where at least 1 and arguably 3 players could have been red carded, not to mention the 2 offside goals

Officials cost us 5-10 points last season nett and we are at 2 this season after the first round of fixtures

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pedantic loyal, but we actually didn't drop points in the next game, we beat St Mirren at home 1-0. Was Hearts away after that we lost. Frightens me to fuck we have a similar scenario with Killie away in just under 2 weeks!

Our return just after the scum wasn't THAT bad, but the defeat at Kilmarnock ended all hope!

Played 7 and won 5. Lost 2-1 at Hearts and drew 0-0 at home to Aberdeen. Still don't know how we didn't win that sheep game. If we won as deserved we were only 2 points behind and still in the race. Put too much pressure on ourselves and we shat the bed at Killie again, that being said we got robbed by the officials that night!

The points dropped after to St Johnstone and Hamilton were a result of knowing the league was gone IMO.

Don't we play Kilmarnock the weekend they play the SF. Motivation shouldn't be a problem. Win we go 7 clear

39 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pedantic loyal, but we actually didn't drop points in the next game, we beat St Mirren at home 1-0. Was Hearts away after that we lost. Frightens me to fuck we have a similar scenario with Killie away in just under 2 weeks!

Our return just after the scum wasn't THAT bad, but the defeat at Kilmarnock ended all hope!

Played 7 and won 5. Lost 2-1 at Hearts and drew 0-0 at home to Aberdeen. Still don't know how we didn't win that sheep game. If we won as deserved we were only 2 points behind and still in the race. Put too much pressure on ourselves and we shat the bed at Killie again, that being said we got robbed by the officials that night!

The points dropped after to St Johnstone and Hamilton were a result of knowing the league was gone IMO.

This....was just about to come in and write much the same👍

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

They are bound to drop points over the next few league games especially with Europa League starting. They have been papering over the cracks with late winners recently and have hardly been convincing after European games in the past.

We must take advantage and I'm confident we will, we are in great form.

I read they had 53 points out of the last 57 points or something like that before Saturday’s defeat. They are due a serious form blip!

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its a big game alright, the pressure will be back on us as the scum play sheep earlier and will likely win. Its about us showing we can deal with pressure better than last year.

I'll take the shittiest 1 nil win if needs be.

I'm not sure if I agree with your last sentence as much as i can understand its sentiment .

There are games that id take as a shitty 1-0 , the up coming game away to Kilmarnock for example , but home games against the more mediocre teams we need to hammer , not only for GD , but the confidence it gives the team as opposed to just scrapping through  . 

Archived