Importance of the Next league match

RFCRobertson

If nothing else, the filth almost always find a way to win against the diddy teams. They’ve been dug meat this season, but keep getting results.

We need to get over the hurdle of turning over these teams as our bread and butter, as we’ve no issues with ‘big’ games anymore.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Both our league fixtures upto the next Old Firm game. 

If celtic reach last seasons Scottish Cup final their game vs Livingston will be postponed which would see us going into that game having played 3 games more than them 

C63BB8EB-37A4-45F2-9A40-3BF1AC2C171F.jpeg

I don't think I've ever felt a game at Rugby Park has ever been as massive as this one in a couple of weeks (with the obvious exception of the game there the last time we won the league).

Reading Tom English' article on the BBC website there and our record this season, in all games, is played 14 - won 12, drew 2 away, 11 clean sheets.

I know nothing is won late October but that's an incredible stat. 

If you even want to (I will) go back to pre-season with Lyon & Nice away in France and 2 or 3 games at Ibrox and wins/clean sheets in each of them, too. 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pedantic loyal, but we actually didn't drop points in the next game, we beat St Mirren at home 1-0. Was Hearts away after that we lost. Frightens me to fuck we have a similar scenario with Killie away in just under 2 weeks!

Our return just after the scum wasn't THAT bad, but the defeat at Kilmarnock ended all hope!

Played 7 and won 5. Lost 2-1 at Hearts and drew 0-0 at home to Aberdeen. Still don't know how we didn't win that sheep game. If we won as deserved we were only 2 points behind and still in the race. Put too much pressure on ourselves and we shat the bed at Killie again, that being said we got robbed by the officials that night!

The points dropped after to St Johnstone and Hamilton were a result of knowing the league was gone IMO.

Yep. 

Having said that in 2018/19 the two times we beat them we lost 2-1 to Kilmarnock the very next league game. Grim stuff. I don't think we will this time but I couldn't take it if we did it again.

Tbh, trying to avoid predicting them collapsing. Seen it suggested umpteen times (often with legitimate reason), but it hasn't happened yet. 

Livingston will undoubtedly give us a game on Sunday, win that one and it's a huge test against Killie to prove that we've learned lessons from this season and last. Any dropped points by them is a bonus, but I've been waiting for Aberdeen to turn up against them in a match that matters for about 10 years.

When we dropped points at Livi away this season we could have gone 11 points clear as they were still on COVID suspension, so this is a similar scenario with their Scottish cup semi-final being the weekend of the Killie game. If we find ourselves 7 clear after the Killie game then I'll feel more confident.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Their next few fixtures in league and Europe are toughies.

Milan (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Lille (A)
Aberdeen (Hampden)
Prague (H)
Motherwell (A)
Hibs (A)
Prague (A)
Milan (A)

If they can’t get Edouard interested then i expect their wheels to come off.

Honestly doubt they will, few pape friends say his head is miles away from the piggery.

13 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Just a matter of time until they all start moaning about their fixture pileup. Remind me again why last season's Scottish Cup is STILL on the go? Ah yes, to benefit one club...

Would be brilliant if this helps pile on the pressure on them.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I don't think I've ever felt a game at Rugby Park has ever been as massive as this one in a couple of weeks (with the obvious exception of the game there the last time we won the league).

Reading Tom English' article on the BBC website there and our record this season, in all games, is played 14 - won 12, drew 2 away, 11 clean sheets.

I know nothing is won late October but that's an incredible stat. 

If you even want to (I will) go back to pre-season with Lyon & Nice away in France and 2 or 3 games at Ibrox and wins/clean sheets in each of them, too. 

I had a look at it earlier, from a points perspective after 11 games only 99/00 and 10/11 had be more points (both 31 v 29) 

We’re actually only 1 point better off this season that we were last season. 

But, I agree. We’re much better defensively but Rugby Park is without doubt the type of game we’d go and drop points when pressure is on. Tbh, our record there is absolutely shambolic in recent times - in the league since returning in 16/17 it’s:

P7 W1 D2 L4 

A massive test for us. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Their next few fixtures in league and Europe are toughies.

Milan (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Lille (A)
Aberdeen (Hampden)
Prague (H)
Motherwell (A)
Hibs (A)
Prague (A)
Milan (A)

If they can’t get Edouard interested then i expect their wheels to come off.

He’s out for Thursday and almost certainly Sunday. 

9 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Every game is important, we will drop points just a matter of when and how many.

We're improving and the rest of the league isn't. We get over our mental hurdles at Killie, Hibs, Livi etc then we'll not drop much more. 

Still though, long way to go. 

3 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Just a matter of time until they all start moaning about their fixture pileup. Remind me again why last season's Scottish Cup is STILL on the go? Ah yes, to benefit that same club...

Even better if they didn't manipulate the fixtures to make the first OF game the last match of the first round of fixtures to try to get a crowd in, they would have played us at the end of Aug/start of Sep with a full squad

Karma............such a bitch

I understand the point but for me all of our league games are crucial. I don’t see any point in focussing on a particular game. They are all cup finals.  Until we reach a point where we are winning the majority of our matches we won’t win the league. It’s as simple as that. They have been poor but still consistent this season and losing to us doesn’t conceal the fact they are likely to win most of their matches. I agree they are due a drop in form but there is no guarantee if and when that will happen. We need to be strong enough to do it ourselves. 

Archived