Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

No professional football team doesn’t  try in any gam no matter the opposition I really hate when supporters say these things. Foe example do you honestly think Derek McInnes Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorrie would not try against celtic ? Please get a grip every team tries that’s why the players are professionals and not paying to get in like us 

Derek Mcinnes has shat the bed against them for the past decade, I don't doubt the other 2 would try but when your manager is such a shitbag then I would imagine its hard to go above and beyond yourself.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

No professional football team doesn’t  try in any gam no matter the opposition

Would you agree that in certain cases some players do however ‘give more’ or less effort when playing against certain opposition. Not saying professional players are cheats but I imagine community loyalties, peer/ family pressure or just plain hatred or love of the opponent can highly vary the investment of effort and determination on any given matchday. We all know what I’m talking about, to suggest otherwise just because they play football for a career is nieve, football players are all human and susceptible to human frailties...

28 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Would you agree that in certain cases some players do however ‘give more’ or less effort when playing against certain opposition. Not saying professional players are cheats but I imagine community loyalties, peer/ family pressure or just plain hatred or love of the opponent can highly vary the investment of effort and determination on any given matchday. We all know what I’m talking about, to suggest otherwise just because they play football for a career is nieve, football players are all human and susceptible to human frailties...

That’s individual players you’re referring too. He’s referring to teams which is a slightly different proposition.

When we were getting royally pumped by celtic we weren’t lying down. We just weren’t good enough in general or on the day both as individuals and as a collective.

We’ve been scoring for fun this year. 
Everybody lying down to us or are we just better than them?

Also, if players do act as you suggest/infer then surely it would work both ways and we’d benefit from Rangers minded players bursting a gut v the Tim’s and taking it easy against us.

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

No professional football team doesn’t  try in any gam no matter the opposition I really hate when supporters say these things. Foe example do you honestly think Derek McInnes Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorrie would not try against celtic ? Please get a grip every team tries that’s why the players are professionals and not paying to get in like us 

Beat them once in God knows how many games , his team are constantly spooked by the super duper attacking of celtic, compare how his team play against Rangers , Ferguson and McCrorie probably try their best but when you have a manager who on the evidence is shit scared of them, praises them at every turn are you surprised,the other 9 involved plus the subs are beat before they go on the park , the only meaningful game they won was handed to them on a plate, why, to prevent us gaining a European spot.

Theres you example of a team not trying or being professional. 

We complain and rightly so that the game is rigged in their favour off the field so is it too far fetched to think it is rigged on the field, I don't think so and that's just comparing the referees but we are supposed to believe that players are not capable of giving less than a 100% against the club they support. 

Kick them Out. 

52 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Was just about to post that. Always give effort, but when your up against a team of bitter celtic supporting bastards they somehow find an extra 10% that they don’t have next week. 

40 minutes ago, Lets go 55 said:

Beat them once in God knows how many games , his team are constantly spooked by the super duper attacking of celtic, compare how his team play against Rangers , Ferguson and McCrorie probably try their best but when you have a manager who on the evidence is shit scared of them, praises them at every turn are you surprised,the other 9 involved plus the subs are beat before they go on the park , the only meaningful game they won was handed to them on a plate, why, to prevent us gaining a European spot.

We complain and rightly so that the game is rigged in their favour off the field so is it too far fetched to think it is rigged on the field, I don't think so and that's just comparing the referees but we are supposed to believe that players are not capable of giving less than a 100% against the club they support. 

Kick them Out. 

Yes. It's utterly fucking mental. 

44 minutes ago, Lets go 55 said:

Kick them Out. 

If the game is rigged on the field the one's doing it are pretty fucking shite at it with us sitting 16 points clear. 

Hibs and Livi are 2 supposed Sellik friendly teams and, outside of us, they have been the ones to take the most points off them in recent years.

3 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

No I don’t agree  in 12 seasons in pro football I have never ever came across a player who didn’t try  sometimes granted myself included I found an extra gear against certain opposition ie them and Kilmarnock in my case players do always try and give 109% effort no matter who they play  

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Everybody lying down, operation stop 10 iirc.

Fake season too,all staged and no fans in grounds to witness it .

Could also be a case we let St Mirren beat us last week so it doesn’t look too suspicious .

Taigs must be in on it too ,They didn’t even try against us .They have the better squad so we keep hearing .So even them lying down to us is the only logical explanation.

😁😁😁😁

29 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

No I don’t agree  in 12 seasons in pro football I have never ever came across a player who didn’t try  sometimes granted myself included I found an extra gear against certain opposition ie them and Kilmarnock in my case players do always try and give 109% effort no matter who they play  

Sometimes watching the games it looks like some don’t try as hard against them as they do against us .

But with the sensible head you think about the pay of players in the lesser teams .Many of them the points ,wins and scoring bonuses are highly significant so it’s a serious own goal for them not to be trying .

The only difference I see that makes any sense is players do tend to get away with poor or mistimed challenges against us but don’t seem to get the seem leniency when playing against them .That also raises the pay situation ,Pick up bookings or red cards and you appearance bonus disappears for a game or 2 .

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Ask frank mcgarvey and his st mirren team mates, how mutch they tried. 

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Why are you using the 109%?  Are you saying 100% is not enough?  100% is the ceiling. 

23 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Ask frank mcgarvey and his st mirren team mates, how mutch they tried. 

True but I'd say the number of cases of it actually happening are so low in comparison to it not happening, definetely or, like I said, we absolutely would not be 16 clear atm. 

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

True but I'd say the number of cases of it actually happening are so low in comparison to it not happening, definetely or, like I said, we absolutely would not be 16 clear atm. 

Jela .Teams and players can be shite 

I still remember a game 12 years ago at Tyncastle where the Hearts had to beat the scum by quite a few to have good chance of fucking up our champions league chances of finishing second .

The scum had an off day of course and lost 3-0 😉

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jela .Teams and players can be shite 

I still remember a game 12 years ago at Tyncastle where the Hearts had to beat the scum by quite a few to have good chance of fucking up our champions league chances of finishing second .

The scum had an off day of course and lost 3-0 😉

I'm no saying it never happens but even that day Aberdeen pipped us too 2nd by beating the pedos at pedo Island is a good example. The pedo's hit the woodwork twice and the Aberdeen keeper had a great game. Now I've no doubt if they wanted to win it the tims would have won it but they certainly weren't trying to lose. 

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

A lot of teams thought they did not have a chance against them and wrote off the game before it was played, so they could save themselves and avoid injuries for games/points they would need to stay up. Human nature really. Now they have shown themselves to be vulnerable, teams are having a go as they see them as potientially a point maybe 3. Long may it continue.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

Also, if players do act as you suggest/infer then surely it would work both ways and we’d benefit from Rangers minded players bursting a gut v the Tim’s and taking it easy against us.

No saying it wouldn’t but you’ve got to admit the amount of hate and vitriol directed at our club has been well over the top of late from their community. I’ve seen people I considered to be decent and fairly easy going let a mask slip that I never knew existed towards us. To me they are only a rival football team albeit with a victim mentality and a highly questionable misguided loyalty to another country. I hold no hate nor I’ll feeling towards them but time and time again over the last eight years I’ve actually been surprised at the level of bitterness, bigotry and unbridled hatred towards Rangers and the Rangers family only for who we are. Simply put, I’m sure any Gers fans playing against them will give it their all however a large proportion of them carry issues that derive over and above the game of football...

8 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Mark mcgees Aberdeen teams didn’t try a fuck against celtic  

7-0 9-0 mon tae fuck mate I get what you’re saying in general but in this wee corrupt Fenian cess pit with teams riddled with taigs it’s possible 

56 minutes ago, King Jela said:

How many times have ceptic lost the last league game costing us second place.

3 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Never said nor meant players didn’t try, sorry if you picked me up wrongly on that, but some can find extra motivation (be whatever that may be through) as you say so yourself.
Prime example was the recent season when for the first time in how many years Aberdeen had to beat celtic at Parkhead to deny us second place. Miraculously they did, my cynical side tells me that this was a combination of Aberdeen trying that little bit harder than obviously they had been against celtic and celtic obviously not being as motivated to beat them as in the countless times previously, the reasons why are evident to see.