Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

19 minutes ago, OhW said:

They haven’t had £30m prize money for the last 9 years. They’ve only been in the champions league four times since 2009/10. 

I stand corrected the SPFL prize money has been £25m and £30m this season.

The bad news is that for the first time in a decade Celtic’s business model is showing signs of stress

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2020/11/02/loyal-fans-selling-players-and-uefa-prize-money-have-underpinned-celtics-success-can-it-continue/

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Of course he'll have their backing, They had an abysmal transfer window, so I guess that they can't afford to pay gardening leave and the wage of a new manager. First signs of admin event?

That's the way we should be looking at it too. Keep the foot on the gas 

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If things stay the same we’re 17 points clear with an OF win. 3 games in hand right enough but the psychological pressure on them will be massive, they need to win them just to keep the pace

That would be amazing mate, and doubt they couldn't handle it

Popcorn time

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I think there's a big possibilty of an admin event they have a huge wage bill, they've not sold enough season tickets. they've had an abysmal transfer window, legal settlements to pay out and are at risk of losing the 30m prize pot money they've had for the ast 9 seasons.

That's not going happen much as we might wish it.

They may have to sell players and downsize. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Tbf it should be business as usual for them if they win all their games in hand by the next old firm game. Only reason why the tarrier mob are panicking is because of us. Sacking him right now would be an insane decision though if any of the next couple of games are drawn or lost then he'll be justifiably fighting for his job.

For me I think the board will act after 2nd Jan if we beat them, especially if we play them off the park like the last time and they have no excuse of players being missing. It is up to us to ensure we are a minimum 14 points ahead going into that game. For me that would be too late for a new manager to turn it round. 

Only way I see him going before that is if he loses to Hearts in the cup. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

If things stay the same we’re 17 points clear with an OF win. 3 games in hand right enough but the psychological pressure on them will be massive, they need to win them just to keep the pace

That's why i want them in the europa league long as possible because between that, the cups and midweek games, it'll be hard to say when theyll get to play those postponed games.

and with the gap getting bigger it'll put more pressure on them and two of the postponed games are against teams theyve dropped points too. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

That's why i want them in the europa league long as possible because between that, the cups and midweek games, it'll be hard to say when theyll get to play those postponed games.

and with the gap getting bigger it'll put more pressure on them and two of the postponed games are against teams theyve dropped points too. 

Ideally we want them in the Europa League until the first knockout round and then we go one further like last year.

It ties them up in games, it’s good for the coefficient but I’m sure that still gives us some kind of TV revenue windfall over them for Scotland?

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Of course he'll have their backing, They had an abysmal transfer window, so I guess that they can't afford to pay gardening leave and the wage of a new manager. First signs of admin event?

They’ll never go into admin. Dermot Desmond would never let that happen as it’d be the ultimate red neck for the club, especially as it’s about the only thing they try to hold over us.

17 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Ideally we want them in the Europa League until the first knockout round and then we go one further like last year.

It ties them up in games, it’s good for the coefficient but I’m sure that still gives us some kind of TV revenue windfall over them for Scotland?

Agreed, their performances seem to really decline when they come back from playing in Europe. Treacle teeth doesn't know how to rotate his players properly.

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

That and the fact that Europe exposes them. If there were solely playing domestic games, I could see them going on a run but losing on the regular in midweek just kills any momentum that they're trying to build.

You'd like to think it gives the Scottish teams a bit more hope as well, because they've been embarrassed by some dross in Europe.

You'd hope they'd be thinking if a wee team in Europe can do that to celtic, why can't we?

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

One thing that slightly concerns me should we make the last 16 is that the second leg is the Thursday before we play them at the dump in March, which is just before a International break.

If all goes well I dont think we wouldnt need to worry about that fixture quite as much, we could potentially be 8 points ahead (so long as we dont drop points and beat them at ibrox). 

Regardless we have a solid squad and Gerrard is good at rotation and resting players when needed. And I think he's got the importance of the season drilled into the players so they'd bust a gut anyway at parkhead

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

If all goes well I dont think we wouldnt need to worry about that fixture quite as much, we could potentially be 8 points ahead (so long as we dont drop points and beat them at ibrox). 

Regardless we have a solid squad and Gerrard is good at rotation and resting players when needed. And I think he's got the importance of the season drilled into the players so they'd bust a gut anyway at parkhead

It’s unreal the difference between this year and last year regarding use of the squad ,And the more game time a sub gets coming on .

We seem to be using the 5 sub rule really well .

2 games a week but apart from Tav and Goldson nobody seems to be playing a full 2 matches per week .

12 minutes ago, Swally said:

You'd like to think it gives the Scottish teams a bit more hope as well, because they've been embarrassed by some dross in Europe.

You'd hope they'd be thinking if a wee team in Europe can do that to celtic, why can't we?

True. Over the years, we've both had an intimidation factor to us that was so valuable in the league. This season we've found that intimation again, but they've looked completely out of their depth in Europe and now look vulnerable domestically as well.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think there's a big possibilty of an admin event they have a huge wage bill, they've not sold enough season tickets. they've had an abysmal transfer window, legal settlements to pay out and are at risk of losing the 30m prize pot money they've had for the ast 9 seasons.

Yes tbf the potential pay outs could have a major impact on finances, not only directly in the form of the cash but surely this would also influence sponsors etc and players being linked in any way to them. 
Either way I think they’ll have to move on some assets to redress the lack of income which may plug a gap temporarily but will weaken their team and in turn be there for the taking more than they are already...

If Lennon has their boards backing then why was his agent with him when he attended the crunch talks meeting? Maybe their board and Lennon couldn't come to an agreement on a gardening leave pay off? Has their board publically backed lennon?

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If Lennon has their boards backing then why was his agent with him when he attended the cruch talks meeting? Maybe their board and Lennon couldn't come to an agreement on a gardening leave pay off? Has their board publically backed lennon?

Looks like Mike Ashley 

32 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If Lennon has their boards backing then why was his agent with him when he attended the cruch talks meeting? Maybe their board and Lennon couldn't come to an agreement on a gardening leave pay off? Has their board publically backed lennon?

Good laugh that story.

34 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Thats a wind up twitter account. Click the link in it.