Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, I mind that. But did the top 2 leagues not break away to form the SPFL?

It’s all one league set up now ,

Think the confusion may come from Premiership and Championship names for top 2 leagues .Can’t remember exactly when they renamed the bottom 3 though .

37 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Was he the raging maddy who said celtic fans 'need to support the club not tomorrow, not today, but now!':lol::lol:

Aye:lol:

He came away with a few belters and was complimentary about us.

Telling all the celtic supports to F off cos he went to a game when it was windy and raining, poor soul.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

SPL was collapsing and merged with the SFL ,

Was it not when the penny dropped by putting us down to the bottom division that the SPL didn't own the TV rights to the SFL and hence our games.

Hastily arranged merger where the bribe was to carve up the second place money and spread some crumbs about whilst safeguarding the Tim's guaranteed first place money.

Cue all the hysteria when they realise their only getting a million or so for second place finish this year.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Exactly. Guys a billionaire. No chance of celtic ever going into admin. 

Aye, but will he still bankroll them if the CSA claims go massively against them.

Can forsee a situation where they put themselves into admin to avoid paying the claims and restarting with a "clean sheet".

Just like the HMRC claim put us under the CSA could be their HMRC moment.

56 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Aye, but will he still bankroll them if the CSA claims go massively against them.

Can forsee a situation where they put themselves into admin to avoid paying the claims and restarting with a "clean sheet".

I think it’s wishful thinking that those claims will be large enough to sink them, I’m afraid. I can see their liabilities being very underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

Was it not when the penny dropped by putting us down to the bottom division that the SPL didn't own the TV rights to the SFL and hence our games.

Hastily arranged merger where the bribe was to carve up the second place money and spread some crumbs about whilst safeguarding the Tim's guaranteed first place money.

Cue all the hysteria when they realise their only getting a million or so for second place finish this year.

That could well have tipped them over the edge ,The set up was completely different then ,SPL was a company in its own right and of course the loss of our games was a body blow .

Now they have changed it altogether that the clubs are the league and effectively the SPFL board are just employed by the league .Gives them a form of protection any losses are felt by all the memeber clubs .

35 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I think it’s wishful thinking that those claims will be large enough to sink them, I’m afraid. I can see their liabilities being very underwhelming.

Tend to agree ,at most your talking a liability that stops them signing 1 player .Us winning the league and qualifying for the champions league would be far more significant .

As for the CSA case as always ,justice and closure for the victims is more important than either us or them winning the league .

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

Think you're hoping for the impossible mate. They cints are the establishment now 

2 hours ago, Brackley said:

I understand he's worth around 2 billion but can he bank roll *fc the money, as it is tied up in a family trust with his four children as listed as beneficiaries. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I understand he's worth around 2 billion but can he bank roll *fc the money, as it is tied up in a family trust with his four children as listed as beneficiaries. 

Prettt sure Fritzel doesn’t want anymore financial investment in the taigs ,He’s pretty close to the level where he would need to formally offer a full takeover.Plus he has a nice number regarding dividends and contract options due to having nominal levels of soft loans .

In other words investing further will cost him far more than what ever he puts in .He’s more of a businessman than a fan .

Our board members get stick at times but they are more about success on the field than the wallet .

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Prettt sure Fritzel doesn’t want anymore financial investment in the taigs ,He’s pretty close to the level where he would need to formally offer a full takeover.Plus he has a nice number regarding dividends and contract options due to having nominal levels of soft loans .

In other words investing further will cost him far more than what ever he puts in .He’s more of a businessman than a fan .

Our board members get stick at times but they are more about success on the field than the wallet .

Don't forget DK's children they invested knowing they could lose their inheritance. I can't see Desmond's kids doing that when they have recently given him permission for the funds to build his dream house.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Don't forget DK children they invested knowing they could lose their inheritence inheritance. I can see Desmond's kids doing that when they have recently given him permission for the funds to build his dream house.

DK investing his children’s inheritance could be a red herring.Nobody knows what he’s worth so the significance of his investment in regards to his wealth is unknown .

I’m pretty certain that the majority of bears wouldn’t grudge the King estate walking away with a bit of profit from its investment in the club if we get 55 this season and have a club that’s self sufficient moving forward.

The taigs had a similar outlook 20 odd years ago ,Difference being the bunnet made an 8 fold level of profit and left them with a stadium of limited lifespan .This little cherry is about to hit them in the arse soon .

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

DK investing his children’s inheritance could be a red herring.Nobody knows what he’s worth so the significance of his investment in regards to his wealth is unknown .

I’m pretty certain that the majority of bears wouldn’t grudge the King estate walking away with a bit of profit from its investment in the club if we get 55 this season and have a club that’s self sufficient moving forward.

The taigs had a similar outlook 20 odd years ago ,Difference being the bunnet made an 8 fold level of profit and left them with a stadium of limited lifespan .This little cherry is about to hit them in the arse soon .

This:tu:

Anybody who gets us back on top deserves the world.