Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

3 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

1 point from 3 games is my guess.  I have childhood memories of the 78 World Cup, when allegedly we were going to win it.  That didn’t turn out well.  Not sure why people are seriously thinking this current squad will do much at all.  Just my opinion though.

First one I actually remember was Mexico 86. Good world cup by all accounts IMO. 90 was good, thought USA 94 was pretty shit from memory. 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Most of the fans making these kind of remarks won't be Rangers fans . Interestingly sling the same lines , I read this on FF earlier by the Midfield General ( take a bow ) -

' I contacted the Sunday Mail to complain about Keevins column where he stated that Paramedics were abused in George Square by Rangers fans because of the Colour of their uniform.This was based on a phone call to Radio Clyde by "Darren"who claimed to be a paramedic and a Partick Thistle supporter.He stated he was spat at and sworn at and sectarian language was directed at him also his assistant was so traumatised she could not make her shift the next day.
Scottish Ambulance have confirmed that no one on duty that day had reported any such incidents,confirming my belief that this never happened.
In Hugh Keevins column today he acknowledges this and confirms that it is "inaccurate"
It's not quite the retraction and apology to the Club and fans I was after but at least they have acknowledged in print that this story is as they say "inaccurate"
The point of all this is our Club and fans have suffered years of lies and abuse and we should challenge this any time we see,read or hear anything that is blatantly wrong. ' 

wee humphy snivelling fenian speccy wretch.
was never a reporter and more of a beggar fan. 

22 minutes ago, dee9 said:

What fuckin planet are these people on?? 

Absolutely amazed at the amount of dicks saying that wee fanny should be going to the euros. 

Shouldn’t be surprised given the amount of fucking idiots in Scotland. Country is thick as fuck, and these delusions are supported by a one sided media. 

37 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Most of the fans making these kind of remarks won't be Rangers fans . Interestingly sling the same lines , I read this on FF earlier by the Midfield General ( take a bow ) -

' I contacted the Sunday Mail to complain about Keevins column where he stated that Paramedics were abused in George Square by Rangers fans because of the Colour of their uniform.This was based on a phone call to Radio Clyde by "Darren"who claimed to be a paramedic and a Partick Thistle supporter.He stated he was spat at and sworn at and sectarian language was directed at him also his assistant was so traumatised she could not make her shift the next day.
Scottish Ambulance have confirmed that no one on duty that day had reported any such incidents,confirming my belief that this never happened.
In Hugh Keevins column today he acknowledges this and confirms that it is "inaccurate"
It's not quite the retraction and apology to the Club and fans I was after but at least they have acknowledged in print that this story is as they say "inaccurate"
The point of all this is our Club and fans have suffered years of lies and abuse and we should challenge this any time we see,read or hear anything that is blatantly wrong. ' 

I heard that one at the time, didn't believe the guy was a paramedic.

Believe he also said he had a newbie to the job (female) with him and she was horrified.

I don't envy the scenes and situations paramedics have to deal with but if a newbie thinks George square was horrendous, I'm afraid she ain't cut out for that line of work unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

First one I actually remember was Mexico 86. Good world cup by all accounts IMO. 90 was good, thought USA 94 was pretty shit from memory. 

I’m sure 90 was when we lost 1-0 to Costa Rica.  At least qualification was a regular thing then.  I was actually a big fan back then, not really the case now.

46 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I’m sure 90 was when we lost 1-0 to Costa Rica.  At least qualification was a regular thing then.  I was actually a big fan back then, not really the case now.

Aye but that was okay because according to our then manager, we won more corners. Sums up Scotland imo.

I hate to say I am ambivalent when it comes to Scotland nowadays but this Scotland team especially is too full of underperforming sellik players. Christie, McGregor and Taylor have all been pish this season but jackey mcjakeyface keeps picking his favourites instead of in form players.

What planet are these people on? We have undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in Scotland. Add to that our number two is also probably the second best. That is what kills them and it's both hilarious and must be ramped up when the firesale that I expect takes place at Celtic.

tenor (11).gif

11 hours ago, gmcf said:

Most of the fans making these kind of remarks won't be Rangers fans . Interestingly along the same lines , I read this on FF earlier by the Midfield General ( take a bow ) -

I read Keevins' brief apology. Also noted that the original article with the original bogus claim still exists unedited. Hollow apology if the article is still accessible. 

One of those ones where more folk will read the original claim than the apology and the damage will be done. Doubt we'll hear an apology or clarification on Clyde either, despite their letting obvious shite being aired. 'I'm a Partick Thistle fan' the 'paramedic' said. Are ye, aye. :lol:

11 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Shouldn’t be surprised given the amount of fucking idiots in Scotland. Country is thick as fuck, and these delusions are supported by a one sided media. 

Spot on 👍 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

I read Keevins' brief apology. Also noted that the original article with the original bogus claim still exists unedited. Hollow apology if the article is still accessible. 

One of those ones where more folk will read the original claim than the apology and the damage will be done. Doubt we'll hear an apology or clarification on Clyde either, despite their letting obvious shite being aired. 'I'm a Partick Thistle fan' the 'paramedic' said. Are ye, aye. :lol:

Its what papers do - big dramatic headline , followed a few weeks later with an apology usually buried somewhere in Pg5 . 

I dont usually like posting others peoples posts , because its not my place to do so , but with the lack of exposure to these false claims I think it important to let as many people know what actually happens between Rangers and certain sections of the media .

Could be a good one tonight .

I wonder if they will mention the unsurpassed levels of meticulous preparation undertaken by their new manager?

I mean how many managers go to the lengths of practicing getting punted out of the cup by lower league opposition. 

Amazing attention to detail. :mutley:

26 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Could be a good one tonight .

I wonder if they will mention the unsurpassed levels of meticulous preparation undertaken by their new manager?

I mean how many managers go to the lengths of practicing getting punted out of the cup by lower league opposition. 

Amazing attention to detail. :mutley:

Im expecting Laurie fae Dennistoun to be on tonight. "Your thoughts panel" prick of a man. 

Don't think it will be fun tonight. Can only see a huge wave of tarrier love in calls and excuse after excuse about how Angie is the answer.

This is going to be another slow build until the next meltdown in a few months time when Angie is found out big time.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Don't think it will be fun tonight. Can only see a huge wave of tarrier love in calls and excuse after excuse about how Angie is the answer.

This is going to be another slow build until the next meltdown in a few months time when Angie is found out big time.

That’s going to be the fun part mate. 

10iar is back on for them 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Perhaps another riot or have they just given up now? :lol: