Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

I’ll be honest, it’s one point and one goal more than I expected.

Playing route one long balls to two big guys is a throwback to the dark ages.

The requirement of the England game was “do not lose” - right up his street.

But the two games where we really needed a win, he hadn’t a clue.

Be good to hear some honest, cold, hard, sober assessment of how abject we were and put an end to this “at least he got us there” pish.

no going to happen - sadly 

10 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I’ll be honest, it’s one point and one goal more than I expected.

Playing route one long balls to two big guys is a throwback to the dark ages.

The requirement of the England game was “do not lose” - right up his street.

But the two games where we really needed a win, he hadn’t a clue.

Be good to hear some honest, cold, hard, sober assessment of how abject we were and put an end to this “at least he got us there” pish.

Agreed.  Some people had totally unrealistic expectations, and perhaps this will dampen them a little.  I’m not buying into it.  There has been no real improvement on the level we had in the late 90s.  What they have done is perhaps reach a comparable level again, but that’s as far as it goes. 

7 hours ago, DMax399 said:

Agreed.  Some people had totally unrealistic expectations, and perhaps this will dampen them a little.  I’m not buying into it.  There has been no real improvement on the level we had in the late 90s.  What they have done is perhaps reach a comparable level again, but that’s as far as it goes. 

Unrealistic expectations?

Watched the news last night you would have thought scotland had played great trough the tournament blowing big teams away and only just missing out on qualifying by a last minute sucker punch goal 🤣

it’s a pure diddy team losers mentality where failure is celebrated. Embarrassing see you Jimmy heed weird cunts.  

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Unrealistic expectations?

Watched the news last night you would have thought scotland had played great trough the tournament blowing big teams away and only just missing out on qualifying by a last minute sucker punch goal 🤣

it’s a pure diddy team losers mentality where failure is celebrated. Embarrassing see you Jimmy heed weird cunts.  

Beating Czechs at home was the expectation, anything else was a bonus. One goal and one point from 3 is pish. Fuck the ‘happy to be here’ mentality. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

One goal and one point from 3 is pish. Fuck the ‘happy to be here’ mentality. 

Absolutely, I happened to catch 5 minutes of it (SSB) last night, the part where Charley Miulgrew (I think) suggested they ‘Lee Griffiths’ should have been in the squad and been brought on to give everyone a lift before probably taking a half chances and scoring🙄 

Another caller was fawning about Clarke saying he was the best Scotland manager since Craig Brown, and he’ll be a Scottish football legend 😀, this just sums up the mentality of far too many in this country…

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Absolutely, I happened to catch 5 minutes of it (SSB) last night, the part where Charley Miulgrew (I think) suggested they ‘Lee Griffiths’ should have been in the squad and been brought on to give everyone a lift before probably taking a half chances and scoring🙄 

Another caller was fawning about Clarke saying he was the best Scotland manager since Craig Brown, and he’ll be a Scottish football legend 😀, this just sums up the mentality of far too many in this country…

To be fair he couldn't have done much less than Nisbet and Dykes.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

To be fair he couldn't have done much less than Nisbet and Dykes.

At least they have the professionalism to keep within the weight band expected of a professional footballer, get a game for their respective clubs and in the lead up to the tournament have been finding the way to goal. 
On a serious note I think Nisbet (if developed) properly has the potential to become a very good player…

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

At least they have the professionalism to keep within the weight band expected of a professional footballer, get a game for their respective clubs and in the lead up to the tournament have been finding the way to goal. 
On a serious note I think Nisbet (if developed) properly has the potential to become a very good player…

Oh yeah Griffiths is unprofessional and a scumbag. I was more saying how shit they played. 

Nisbet is already 24, how much more can he improve?

20 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Oh yeah Griffiths is unprofessional and a scumbag. I was more saying how shit they played. 

Fair enough, I didn’t realise Nisbet was that old, still see potential in him in the right environment mind you…

26 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Quite a bit. At 24 Davie Weir was playing with Falkirk and was nowhere near the finished article.

James Tavernier joined Rangers shortly before his 24th birthday.

Allan McGregor was just coming off a stint on loan at Dunfermline at 24.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quite a bit. At 24 Davie Weir was playing with Falkirk and was nowhere near the finished article.

James Tavernier joined Rangers shortly before his 24th birthday.

Allan McGregor was just coming off a stint on loan at Dunfermline at 24.

Goalkeepers and Defenders, it's a lot rarer to see Strikers go and improve that much from then.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Goalkeepers and Defenders, it's a lot rarer to see Strikers go and improve that much from then.

C Ronaldo is better today than he was at 24.

Defoe was better in his late20s/early 30s than he was at 24.

Morelos is 25 and can still get much better than he is now.

Lewandowski is a far better player now aged 32 than he was at 24 and still playing for Dortmund.

Kemar Roofe at 28 is a much better player than the one who had just joined Leeds at 24.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

C Ronaldo is better today than he was at 24.

Defoe was better in his late20s/early 30s than he was at 24.

Morelos is 25 and can still get much better than he is now.

Lewandowski is a far better player now aged 32 than he was at 24 and still playing for Dortmund.

Kemar Roofe at 28 is a much better player than the one who had just joined Leeds at 24.

They'd all shown a hell of a lot more potential than Nisbet has by now. Will he get better obviously, will he become a very good player. I doubt it.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Unless the definition of 'how much more can he improve?' has changed, I haven't. Or do you completely disregard what the statement was in response to on him becoming a very good player.

You mean you saying "how shit they played"?

You've suggested that because he's 24 that he won't get better before then saying he will obviously improve...

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You mean you saying "how shit they played"?

You've suggested that because he's 24 that he won't get better before then saying he will obviously improve...

So Nisbet and Dykes played well? As it's clear in the statement that I'm saying they offered about as much as Griffiths would have, nothing. H

Where did I say he won't improve at all, he's not going to improve enough to be a very good player. How much more doesn't mean not at all.

You can tell you're a journalist as you're pretty good at taking anything out of context.

22 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So Nisbet and Dykes played well? As it's clear in the statement that I'm saying they offered about as much as Griffiths would have, nothing. H

Where did I say he won't improve at all, he's not going to improve enough to be a very good player. How much more doesn't mean not at all.

You can tell you're a journalist as you're pretty good at taking anything out of context.

Where have I suggested either played well?

The context was, you said Dykes and Nisbet played shite then implied Nisbet wouldn't improve any more given his age. When examples were provided, you then claimed it was "it's a lot rarer to see Strikers go and improve that much" from age 24 before changing your mind and saying Nisbet will "obviously" improve.

So will Nisbet "obviously" improve or is it rare for strikers to improve beyond 24? You've claimed both in the matter of just a few posts.

43 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Nisbet barely played :lol: 

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where have I suggested either played well?

The context was, you said Dykes and Nisbet played shite then implied Nisbet wouldn't improve any more given his age. When examples were provided, you then claimed it was "it's a lot rarer to see Strikers go and improve that much" from age 24 before changing your mind and saying Nisbet will "obviously" improve.

So will Nisbet "obviously" improve or is it rare for strikers to improve beyond 24? You've claimed both in the matter of just a few posts.

It's rare for a player at 24 who is ok to then improve that much to a become a very good player.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nisbet barely played :lol: 

Aye and he was shite when he came on. 😂 Patterson showed more in 7 minutes than any of Nisbets.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It's rare for a player at 24 who is ok to then improve that much to a become a very good player.

Aye and he was shite when he came on. 😂 Patterson showed more in 7 minutes than any of Nisbets.

It's that rare I can name an entire starting XI of Rangers players who are better now than they were at 24 - or can still get much better than they are now despite being 24 or older.

McGregor - on loan at Dunfermline at 24

Tavernier - Had just joined Rangers at 24.

Goldson - reserve at Brighton at 24

Helander - reserve at Verona at 24

Barisic - Playing for Osijjek at 24 after failing at Dinamo Zagreb.

Davis - Playing RM for Rangers at 24

Jack - playing for Aberdeen at 24

Aribo (24)

Kent (24)

Morelos (25)

Defoe - Struggling to get a regular start for Spurs  at 24

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's that rare I can name an entire starting XI of Rangers players who are better now than they were at 24 - or can still get much better than they are now despite being 24 or older.

McGregor - on loan at Dunfermline at 24

Tavernier - Had just joined Rangers at 24.

Goldson - reserve at Brighton at 24

Helander - reserve at Verona at 24

Barisic - Playing for Osijjek at 24 after failing at Dinamo Zagreb.

Davis - Playing RM for Rangers at 24

Jack - playing for Aberdeen at 24

Aribo (24)

Kent (24)

Morelos (25)

Defoe - Struggling to get a regular start for Spurs  at 24

So Nisbet is equivalent to them? Don't talk shite. All of them were more than OK at 24.