Souness branded a ‘d***’ in astonishing outburst from ex-player Hugh Burns

ayrshireranger

GRAEME SOUNESS has been branded a 'd***' by former Rangers defender Hugh Burns over his choice of footwear on Sky Sports.

'The former Light Blues stopper was quickly shipped out on loan to Hamilton Accies before joining Hearts on a permanent deal a year later following Souness' arrival at Ibrox in 1986.

Burns, who made over 50 appearances for the Ibrox side, is more recently known for his viral commentary of 'What's the goalie doin Tom?' while working on Rangers TV.

His passionate outburst followed Moussa Dembele's lobbed effort over Wes Foderingham to bring celtic level in the 3-2 Ibrox classic in 2018.

And his latest comments about Souness are likely to prove unpopular.

The pundit was discussing plimsoll shoes on the Talking Football Show when he interrupted host Bill Young and fellow guest Gordon Young to take aim at his former Ibrox gaffer.

Burns said: "I have got to say something.

"I was watching Sky last night and Souness had a pair (of 'sandshoes') on.

"He's not my favourite person anyway but he looked like a right topper."

Young replied: "What have you got against him?"

Burns continued: "Because he's a d***.'

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6179222/Rangers-souness-astonishing-outburst-burns/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

GRAEME SOUNESS has been branded a 'd***' by former Rangers defender Hugh Burns over his choice of footwear on Sky Sports.

'The former Light Blues stopper was quickly shipped out on loan to Hamilton Accies before joining Hearts on a permanent deal a year later following Souness' arrival at Ibrox in 1986.

Burns, who made over 50 appearances for the Ibrox side, is more recently known for his viral commentary of 'What's the goalie doin Tom?' while working on Rangers TV.

His passionate outburst followed Moussa Dembele's lobbed effort over Wes Foderingham to bring celtic level in the 3-2 Ibrox classic in 2018.

And his latest comments about Souness are likely to prove unpopular.

The pundit was discussing plimsoll shoes on the Talking Football Show when he interrupted host Bill Young and fellow guest Gordon Young to take aim at his former Ibrox gaffer.

Burns said: "I have got to say something.

"I was watching Sky last night and Souness had a pair (of 'sandshoes') on.

"He's not my favourite person anyway but he looked like a right topper."

Young replied: "What have you got against him?"

Burns continued: "Because he's a d***.'

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6179222/Rangers-souness-astonishing-outburst-burns/

FlashyWearyCoypu-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Hugh burns is a dick. And his pub is shit

Hugh Burns is a bear . And a good guy in my eyes 

I've met them both . Souness would be a dick in many peoples eyes away from football 

And I love them both for their football days 

Archived