New Bears bar Uddingston

Virtuoso

GLOW star Brian Matthews launches new Rangers bar after having Celtic tattoo removed

Brian – who ended up with a Hoops inking after appearing on TV show Tattoo of Us – is set to open the doors of Lounge 72 in Uddingston in tribute to his heroes.

A Scots reality star who once had a Celtic tattoo removed from his leg has launched a Rangers bar.

Brian Matthews, 38, is set to open the doors of Lounge 72 in tribute to his heroes.

Brian has taken over a pub in Uddingston, Lanarkshire, and revealed it will now be a shrine dedicated to celebrating Rangers history and former players.

Named Lounge 72 in honour of the Gers' European Cup Winners Cup triumph in 1972, it will see faces of iconic players on the wallpaper and internal doors kitted out in frosted glass featuring the club's famous badge.

0_RANGERS_PUB_LOUNGE_72_4jpeg.jpg

Lounge 72 in named in honour of the Gers' European Cup Winners Cup triumph in 1972

He has also kitted out the pub with ex-Rangers heroes on bar mats and blue lighting strips around the bar which will also feature club memorabilia.

It is set to open its doors when restrictions on hospitality are lifted by the government.

Unveiling the news, the bar posted on social media: "Brian and all the staff are looking forward to welcoming you to the new Rangers Bar in Uddingston when the bars re-open in a few weeks time."

0_RANGERS_PUB_LOUNGE_72_5jpeg.jpg

GLOW star Brian Matthews' new Rangers pub has special beer mats that pay tribute to Ibrox heroes 

And they were given words of encouragement in a video by ex-Rangers striker John MacDonald who netted 77 times in 230 appearances for the club.

He said: "Just wanted to congratulate you on the opening of your new bar Lounge 72.

"I don't think its going to be opening from what we've been told in these circumstances but I take it is going to be successful.

0_tat.jpg

Brian Matthews had to get laser treatment to remove a huge Celtic tattoo on his thigh

"Hopefully I'll be able to get myself through there one night and congratulate you in person. Take care and I hope everything goes well."

One local added: "A lot of work has gone into transforming the pub into a Rangers shrine and a lot of fans are desperate for it to happen.

0_RANGERS_PUB_LOUNGE_72_1jpeg.jpg

The Rangers crest features on the door of Lounge 72 in Uddingston

"Plenty of fans are talking about travelling far and wide to get a pint in it and watch the games so it looks set to be a success."

Owner Brian was snapped on social media with a pint in Carlisle over the weekend.

He had travelled down to watch Rangers defeat bitter rivals Celtic 2-0 in the first Old Firm clash of the season.

1_Brian-Matthews-owner-of-Kavali-nightcl

Brian Matthews is launching a new Rangers bar in Uddingston called Lounge 72.

A number of fans travelled outside the central belt to take in the Saturday lunchtime match over a few pints after coronavirus restrictions saw all hospitality venues temporarily closed in the area.

Brian was left fuming after his ex-girlfriend arranged for him to have a Hoops badge etched onto his thigh on MTV show Tattoo of Us.

The inking was chosen as revenge for him cheating with other women.

Viewers saw him explode with rage when the giant Parkhead club crest was revealed on the show.

Brian was part of the cast of Scots reality show Glow.

He has also taken part in a Channel 4 show where couples tried to solve relationship woes by recording their most intimate moments.

Sex Tape saw people film and reveal their rows, make-ups and sex lives for TV.

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Not sure mate not been out this way long , just know up viewpark where I am its all fucking tarrier slophouses 

Used to drink in the two chimneys every now and then when I worked in the office at British Gas.  Was always under the impression that was a blue nose shop. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Used to drink in the two chimneys every now and then when I worked in the office at British Gas.  Was always under the impression that was a blue nose shop. 

Yeah mate there and the olde club at tannochside i was told was my best places to go for a drink out here 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah mate there and the olde club at tannochside i was told was my best places to go for a drink out here 

That’s where the Tannochside bus leaves fae.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Aye angels. Across from the two chimneys.  It wasn’t a Celtic pub or fuck all though. 

Angels is a  tim pub when the tims are playing.  The Two Chimneys (used to be Lyall's) is a Bluenose pub.  The Anvil at Uddingston Cross used to be an utterly scum-infested pub.  Not sure about it now since it changed to become the Crafty Fox.  Certainly don't see the same scum outside there that I have seen.

Archived