Expat Bears

James Rolle

Anyone else abroad struggling to work out how to watch our EL games this season? 

Hesgoal is down and it seems like other streaming services are being blocked (apps on Firestick etc.)

Any ideas? Dont mind paying, just want to watch the game on a good quality stream. 

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

Anyone else abroad struggling to work out how to watch our EL games this season? 

Hesgoal is down and it seems like other streaming services are being blocked (apps on Firestick etc.)

Any ideas? Dont mind paying, just want to watch the game on a good quality stream. 

Where u based mate?

21 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

How on earth do you afford it? Are wages sky high, as prices for food/clothes etc are ridiculous

Yes, you're right. Prices in the shops are high but the wages here are also high. When I first moved over I found it really hard as I was looking at everything & converting it to pounds & continually thought fuck that. But as soon as you get a job & the wages roll in you find that you've got more than enough. I was always struggling in Scotland, after paying the mortgage & bills etc I'd have nothing left. Here I can live good & save money which is a first for me. The only thing I'd like is to buy a house but here it's out of reach. In Zurich you'll hardly get an apartment for 1 million. So like most, we rent. 

Just now, One Jock Wallace said:

Yes, you're right. Prices in the shops are high but the wages here are also high. When I first moved over I found it really hard as I was looking at everything & converting it to pounds & continually thought fuck that. But as soon as you get a job & the wages roll in you find that you've got more than enough. I was always struggling in Scotland, after paying the mortgage & bills etc I'd have nothing left. Here I can live good & save money which is a first for me. The only thing I'd like is to buy a house but here it's out of reach. In Zurich you'll hardly get an apartment for 1 million. So like most, we rent. 

Yeah I work with a guy from Geneva and he said house prices are unaffordable for basically everyone. They drive over to France to do their supermarket shops  

Have to say I thought Geneva was a bit of a dump, Zurich was much nicer IMO. 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Yeah I work with a guy from Geneva and he said house prices are unaffordable for basically everyone. They drive over to France to do their supermarket shops  

Have to say I thought Geneva was a bit of a dump, Zurich was much nicer IMO. 

Yeah, somehow I've never liked Geneva either. I think it's too French for me. I'm not a big fan of Basel either but Bern is a nice city. I think I prefer the Swiss German organisation. 

Archived