New Covid Rules

scottyc06

SPFL distributed plans to clubs to change the rules, not like them, in regards to teams that can’t field a team due to covid.

3-0 forfeit for any team that can’t fulfil the match, no rescheduling. I mean it makes sense I suppose when you think of the backlog that could be created, something we will struggle with if we go on another European/domestic cup run... but fuck me this again highlights how pish the SPFL are, surely you could have forecast this at the start of the season! Too busy worrying about how they were going to award the tarriers their title. 

A lot will complain no doubt but it definitely suits us when you look at the strength in depth we have! 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really happy with the idea of it being a 3-0 scoreline attributed to be honest.

What happens if the league goes down to the wire and goal difference comes into play.

Being awarded 3 points without having to play is a big enough advantage, giving the team a positive goal difference of 3 is not warranted though.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im not really happy with the idea of it being a 3-0 scoreline attributed to be honest.

What happens if the league goes down to the wire and goal difference comes into play.

Being awarded 3 points without having to play is a big enough advantage, giving the team a positive goal difference of 3 is not warranted though.

We’ve got a squad of about 30 odd players, we shouldn’t be forfeiting any games regardless. 

Imagine we end up having 5 or 6 games postponed that we then have to squeeze in at the end of the season, due to other teams failing to field teams. Then we’re at a disadvantage playing games like the Eufa Cup final season?! 

The issue here isn’t the ruling, it’s the timing of it.

So if the worst happens and we get hit hard, we (and others) could potentially be forfeiting games, yet earlier in the season teams were allowed to simply reschedule under the same circumstances? 

In what world is that a level playing field?

I get the logistics of avoiding a backlog but it's beyond mental to make such a huge change in the middle of a fucking season.  Is extending the season by a week or 2 not a far simpler solution? 

Can’t have, Aberdeen and celtic’s postponements not punished then bring this in for everything from now on. 

l’m not for it but if it’s brung in every game postponed played or not has to be retrospectively changed then. 

1 minute ago, AGC123 said:

Can’t have, Aberdeen and celtic’s postponements not punished then bring this in for everything from now on. 

l’m not for it but if it’s brung in every game postponed played or not has to be retrospectively changed then. 

I get what you’re saying but technically they never had an opportunity to play their games...

I'm fine with it. 

Fuck the Scottish teams who can't fulfil their fixtures. Fish heads to them. It might help drain the swamp.

The alternative might be that they couldn't finish the season due to backlogs. Does anyone honestly think they'll just award us a Covid title the same way they did with them in May (should we be ahead in the league?)

Both Aberdeen and the tarriers didnt postpone games due to lack of squad, it was because wee nippy told them not to play, tarriers had more out with covid against us than they did post killie game and still played

What this rule will do is absolutely cripple lower leagues, part time teams where guys have to work on building sites etc are going to be absolutely smashed by this

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Both Aberdeen and the tarriers didnt postpone games due to lack of squad, it was because wee nippy told them not to play, tarriers had more out with covid against us than they did post killie game and still played

What this rule will do is absolutely cripple lower leagues, part time teams where guys have to work on building sites etc are going to be absolutely smashed by this

Why? They aren't being tested in the same way. While every one of our players are being tested routinely, part-time guys are only being tested if they report symptoms or are in close contact with someone who has a positive test. If they are sticking by what they are supposed to be doing in their 'other' jobs, they should be fine.

We should always have a team to play.  Even if the entire first-team squad is having to isolate we have a youth team that could play the match.  I doubt we would ever forfeit, but we could be weakened obviously.

Just now, The Dude said:

Why? They aren't being tested in the same way. While every one of our players are being tested routinely, part-time guys are only being tested if they report symptoms or are in close contact with someone who has a positive test. If they are sticking by what they are supposed to be doing in their 'other' jobs, they should be fine.

All it takes is one or two positive tests and the close contacts in the team need to isolate, these squads arent that big, and id guess that a player on say 50 quid a week for a club but earning maybe 300 in his other job won't put his other job at risk for football

If i knew that my club had positive cases and i was part time, but my full time job was on the line (self employed etc) id really think twice about patching the football 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

We should always have a team to play.  Even if the entire first-team squad is having to isolate we have a youth team that could play the match.  I doubt we would ever forfeit, but we could be weakened obviously.

Dont think the youth teams are allowed, im sure killie wanted to play the u18's in their cup tie and were told no as the youths are a separate bubble of protection or something like that

This rule should have been brought in before the season started to ensure a fair and level playing field. 

I agree that it is something that is there for the right reason in the sense that it will help avoid a fixture build up, but 3-0 can and will change things in terms of goal difference at both ends of the table. We may benefit at some stage, but I don't think that makes it fair. A 1-0 nominal victory for the opposing side should be enough. 

Timing is dreadful as usual from them though.

Like a few who have commented already i completely agree that rules needed drawn up before a ball was kicked .

The story goes that the SPFL wanted to gain executive control for a season ,This was rightly rejected by the clubs .

But the SPFL board have already fucked up ,They asked the clubs for suggestions on rules and the clubs ignored it ,The SPFL knew rules were needed and should have pushed the clubs harder to create a set of rules .

For me what’s needed is a suspension of the cup competitions this season to free up fixture slots should games need rescheduling due to Covid .The league is the bread and butter and by far the most important competition in the country amd should have priority over all completions .

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

This rule should have been brought in before the season started to ensure a fair and level playing field. 

I agree that it is something that is there for the right reason in the sense that it will help avoid a fixture build up, but 3-0 can and will change things in terms of goal difference at both ends of the table. We may benefit at some stage, but I don't think that makes it fair. A 1-0 nominal victory for the opposing side should be enough. 

Timing is dreadful as usual from them though.

Cant be a 1-0 win, its got to be of a significant scoreline that stops teams maybe taking advantage of it instead of playing the game and maybe losing by more 

Archived