6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It possibly just works in our favour. I’d rather forfeits than game build up. 

We have a 30 man squad. We get tested what 2-3 times a week, the chances of us having 18 players out just won’t happen I don’t think. 

Meanwhile, actual game build ups because of last seasons SC, and this seasons LC mean that mob potentially still have 4 to squeeze in after new year, anymore and they’d be extending seasons left right and centre and let’s be honest we’re not getting handed the title if it goes tits up. 

We don't need to have 18 players out we could loose our goalkeepers ,6 out the midfield or from the strikers.That would cause us problems.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making new rules after the season has started.  Not like Scottish football at all.

What happens if both teams due to play each other have COVID positive cases and cant field a team? Do they both get recorded as a 3-0 loss, probably awarding Celtic the points? 

Not pleased about it tbh Should have made the rules before a ball was kicked this season. Couple of clubs have already benefited from rescheduled games for this very reason

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I really dislike this idea already into a season.

Let me give you a scenario here, on the final day of the season we have covid cases and either play 16 year olds or default a 3 nil and lose the championship on the final day, yet a player clearly broke covid rules at a specific club which meant two fixtures had to be rescheduled. Scum win those two fixtures and we lose the league on goal difference, by a point etc. That would be the biggest robbery ever.

Sure many on here will also believe our tests could be manipulated to come back as a positive.. 

The lesser sides have numerous free game weeks during Uefa midweeks, those can be completed easily, it's' the scum being in Europe and that's what these new rules are all about. They will have a backlog and that's another reason why the Scottish cup schedule has not been confirmed yet IMHO.

The reason two fixtures were rescheduled isn't due to not having a team, its because sturgeon banned them from playing as punishment 

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm fine with it. 

Fuck the Scottish teams who can't fulfil their fixtures. Fish heads to them. It might help drain the swamp.

The alternative might be that they couldn't finish the season due to backlogs. Does anyone honestly think they'll just award us a Covid title the same way they did with them in May (should we be ahead in the league?)

It could easily bite us in the arse too though.

I don't fancy us getting 3-0 losses just because a few players test positive.

The 30 thing should only be in a case where it can be shown that players have broken the safety rules.  Punishing a club that has followed every other rule set out, because of the luck of the draw seems pretty shitty.

ALso bringing it in after the tarriers and Aberdeen have already benefited from having games rescheduled.

If they are going to do this then it should be backdated to the start of the season and all results retrospectively changed.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

i always thought major changes like this had to be voted through by the clubs.

Thats what the spfl are wanting, after their grab for executive control was rejected.

Its shit, its a fuck up its not sorted before a ball was kicked, but if clubs don't come to some sort of agreement we'll very likely end up with issues at the tail end if the season with concluding league when there's outstanding fixtures.

Its scottish fitba. Its a mess.

7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The 30 thing should only be in a case where it can be shown that players have broken the safety rules.  Punishing a club that has followed every other rule set out, because of the luck of the draw seems pretty shitty.

ALso bringing it in after the tarriers and Aberdeen have already benefited from having games rescheduled.

If they are going to do this then it should be backdated to the start of the season and all results retrospectively changed.

Difference is mate for the first time since Advocaat was our manager I actually have a bit of faith in our squad to slot in and cope if Covid hits us 

within reason of course 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Difference is mate for the first time since Advocaat was our manager I actually have a bit of faith in our squad to slot in and cope if Covid hits us 

within reason of course 

IT's not a confidence in our team issue mate.  Not in the slightest. 

I just think if the rules are going to be changed mid season, they should be going back and changing results accordingly.

21 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Why should they be retrospectively changed? 

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The reason two fixtures were rescheduled isn't due to not having a team, its because sturgeon banned them from playing as punishment 

What those players did was worse though.

Practically benefitting from people breaking rules as compared to someone testing positive.

Still maintain Killie should have been awarded a 3 nil as he played in that match and put everyone in danger.

TEFTONG and Jamie0202 like this
4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The season has already started.

Teams have already benefited from postponed games and no points reductions.

What team? Did the tarriers really benefit given it was one player who so far hasnt even tested positive, he just broke quarantine rules 

Remember these new rules are about teams who are so stricken with the virus and other call offs that they literally cannot field 11 bodies

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

What those players did was worse though.

Practically benefitting from people breaking rules as compared to someone testing positive.

Still maintain Killie should have been awarded a 3 nil as he played in that match and put everyone in danger.

Wether it was worse or not isnt the issue here, aberdeen and celtic could easily have fulfilled the fixtures, they just weren't allowed to by the scottish government 

Just another chapter in the 'SPFL/SFA are clueless book'.

A sensible option would be to bin last seasons Scottish Cup and free up some dates. Then consider this years Cup being binned to free up more dates. League cup has started so should be finished. The League itself has already started and you can't change the rules a quarter of the way through the season.

One can only wonder at how the vote for an independent inquiry would go today.

Clueless is truly too mild of a term to describe them.

southcoastbear likes this
19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wether it was worse or not isnt the issue here, aberdeen and celtic could easily have fulfilled the fixtures, they just weren't allowed to by the scottish government 

Fair point.  Hadn't thought of that.

15 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

There are other issues as well. How would the players suspensions rules be applied?

I mean, it doesn't seem right that a player can serve a suspension for a match that, in reality, hasn't taken place.

It has taken place though, the team wins or loses 3-0

37 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A sensible option would be to bin last seasons Scottish Cup and free up some dates. Then consider this years Cup being binned to free up more dates. League cup has started so should be finished. The League itself has already started and you can't change the rules a quarter of the way through the season.

The SPFL and the SFA are different, the league cannot tell them to not play the scottish Cup 

36 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Agree with most of this except  there is a euro place attached to the Scottish  Cup so regardless of whether it is started or not it is the league cup I'd  be cancelling 

St Mirren were allowed a keeper on a one game emergency loan when their keepers were out with Covid 

Could we not assemble a team of emergency loan players/free agents on a one game contract should our squad come down with Covid and use the youths to fill out the bench? 

I suppose that would be at the SPFL’s discretion so most likely not 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What team? Did the tarriers really benefit given it was one player who so far hasnt even tested positive, he just broke quarantine rules 

Remember these new rules are about teams who are so stricken with the virus and other call offs that they literally cannot field 11 bodies

Not sure that's true. It'll be a certain number of first team players that can have it before they decide it's not being played.

It won't be so many players that you literally can't field 11 men. It won't even be close to that