That goal from Roofe

Virtuoso

Pele couldn't score from his half, in the centre of the pitch with no fucker near him on a bone dry pitch in Mexico.

Roofe wins the ball not once but twice (with a wee back heel nutmeg thrown in), rides a challenge, outflanks a player, then skelps it at pace as soon as he gets the opportunity whilst heading towards the touchline and away from the centre of the goal.  

The fact it was a water logged pitch and absolutely pissing down makes it even more surreal.... 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It gets better each time. 

Taking out players before shooting and on a pitch that was a water park. 

Just outstanding

I thought the game was going to get stopped at one point it was just one giant puddle, we coped with it better than them and I thought they were easily one of the best teams we have faced.

Was a tremendous result.

58 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I got a notification on my phone that Roofe had scored, scowled at the TV seeing Roofe picked up the ball and thought how the fuck does he score here. He can't surely take on the full team and score.

After 20 seconds, all I could do is smile, doff my cap and think that's how he scored from there.

Switch the notifications off man!

During the game these days I switch off notifications and put my phone to silent incase anyones link is quicker than mine. Had more than a few goals ruined as people have messaged before I've seen it.

Glad I did it last night as trust me, watching that live and not knowing what was about to happen was 100x more exhilarating than knowing what was coming.

I think part of the reason that it was so amazing was it looked highly unlikely anything would come from him having the ball in the first place, never mind getting a goal from it.

He was surrounded by 3 players, just back from injury, not been hugely impressive for us since he signed, playing in awful weather conditions, no help round about him, and odds on to lose the ball.

I think most of us were annoyed at the management team for bringing on an injury prone player, just recovering in such awful footballing conditions.

Scuds the three players round about him then BANG :lol:

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think part of the reason that it was so amazing was it looked highly unlikely anything would come from him having the ball in the first place, never mind getting a goal from it.

He was surrounded by 3 players, just back from injury, not been hugely impressive for us since he signed, playing in awful weather conditions, no help round about him, and odds on to lose the ball.

I think most of us were annoyed at the management team for bringing on an injury prone player, just recovering in such awful footballing conditions.

Confidence is key for a striker, especially returning from a length injury. That, and having the fans on board.

He should be flying now.

Cannot wait to see how he performs going forward.

16 minutes ago, Swally said:

Sorry need to correct you as he took it by 4 players plus one of those same players twice, he then done the keeper (another player) so technically he done 5 in total 😂😂

18 minutes ago, Swally said:

See even when the ball reached the penalty area I was still not thinking for a second it was going in, because that would be too ridiculous 

Then it went in and absolute shock set in, then I fell over my coffee table and sent the lampshade swinging

What a fucking goal

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Sorry need to correct you as he took it by 4 players plus one of those same players twice, he then done the keeper (another player) so technically he done 5 in total 😂😂

quite happy to be corrected if it makes the goal even better :lol:

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

See even when the ball reached the penalty area I was still not thinking for a second it was going in, because that would be too ridiculous 

Then it went in and absolute shock set in, then I fell over my coffee table and sent the lampshade swinging

What a fucking goal

:lol: so random it has to be a true story

i was in shock, had a delayed celebration

Archived