That goal from Roofe

Virtuoso

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, simplythebestest said:

Is there not a 1 wood, 2 wood and 3 wood? 1 wood optionally referred to as a driver? I'm genuinely asking btw, not a golfer except going to the driving range as a teen!

No mate, Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood nowadays.

Gerrard said: "The goal was a moment of genius, it was a world class moment.

"I've been playing football professionally since 1998 and it's the best goal I've ever seen live with my own eyes.

"He collects the ball 15 yards outside our box, he is strong for two challenges, he holds the player off with the third challenge and then he actually takes the player on in the worst conditions I've seen.

"Then to have the vision and the power and the class to score from 55 yards - I don't think I've seen a better goal and I don't think I will see a better goal.

The more I see it the better it gets.

Beckham did it, Suarez did it, but the difference is they didn't beat 3 men before shooting on a waterlogged pitch.

It was simply that fucking good and Gerrard is so right in his assessment of how good it was.

He will fall asleep at night to that image for the rest of his life.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Gerrard said: "The goal was a moment of genius, it was a world class moment.

"I've been playing football professionally since 1998 and it's the best goal I've ever seen live with my own eyes.

"He collects the ball 15 yards outside our box, he is strong for two challenges, he holds the player off with the third challenge and then he actually takes the player on in the worst conditions I've seen.

"Then to have the vision and the power and the class to score from 55 yards - I don't think I've seen a better goal and I don't think I will see a better goal.

Huge words considering the levels he played at 

Archived