That goal from Roofe

Virtuoso

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't think i've seen a better goal scored from a Rangers player tbh.

I've seen more important goals scored and big goals against better teams, definitely - but for the quality and ability it took, that's hard to beat, imo.

Might be right.....

It’s the top post on reddit with folk all over the world saying it might be the best goal they’ve ever seen :lol:

He’s an absolute certainty for a Puskas Award nomination

He’s fucking tackled, held off, and dribbled past 4 cunts on a potato field then fired a sodden waterlogged ball 55 yards over the goalkeeper in the 92nd minute

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Tin hat on (and goal aside) - roofie Done more in 30 mins than Morelos all game 

deplorable conditions but he, and the whole team (minus a couple defensive slips) handled it very, very well 

No tin hat needed, you're 100% right.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

deplorable conditions but he, and the whole team (minus a couple defensive slips) handled it very, very well 

Be honest mate, did you even see Roofe's goal soaked oot yer skin?

Only kidding. You will go down in Rangers folklore as one of the few to witness the best goal ever live!

Jealous as fuck.

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Watching the highlights .Alfredo looked very good .Nice touches ,plenty of great runs and 2 great efforts on goal ..

38 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I've seen more important goals scored and big goals against better teams, definitely - but for the quality and ability it took, that's hard to beat, imo.

Only the Rod Wallace v Dortmund (great team goal) and this one run it close imo.

1 hour ago, simplythebestest said:

Is there not a 1 wood, 2 wood and 3 wood? 1 wood optionally referred to as a driver? I'm genuinely asking btw, not a golfer except going to the driving range as a teen!

Nobody refers to it as a 1 wood these days. Incidentally you also get 5,7&9 woods in golfers bags but feck the golf. Its all about the Gers tonight. 🍻

58 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It’s the top post on reddit with folk all over the world saying it might be the best goal they’ve ever seen :lol:

He’s an absolute certainty for a Puskas Award nomination

He’s fucking tackled, held off, and dribbled past 4 cunts on a potato field then fired a sodden waterlogged ball 55 yards over the goalkeeper in the 92nd minute

Was reading Reddit just now. Top post on r/soccer which has 2.5 million subs:

🔴🔵

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Watching the highlights .Alfredo looked very good .Nice touches ,plenty of great runs and 2 great efforts on goal ..

He’s a bawhair away from good form ,Just lacking a bit of confidence in the shooting department,Add goals to his current contribution and we are flying 

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Honestly, struggling to think of a better goal. 

Greatest goal ever. The fact he got the ball and beat 3 men.

Obviously there’s been a few half way line goals over the years that have all been clever dinked shots.

But for Roofe the goalie was hardly off his line and the pace and whip he got on the ball was sensational.

ps: Has anyone ever seen Roofe and Craig David in the same place and the same time?

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Alfie was not very good at all tonight. His touch has deserted him. 

Archived