Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Whinging about Morelos, same old story from you :lol:

Oh it must just me me then? some just know football and can see a player not playing to his potential.

I'm surprised you even show face after your get Gerrard sacked calls constantly.

I think it is partly confidence, but I also think he has been asked to change the way he plays - he doesn't shoot on sight as much as he used to, preferring to try and lay it off. He was flying when he was the focal point (except after Christmases) but now he isn't quite so important. Having said all that, the chances he missed last night were good chances.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Oh it must just me me then? some just know football and can see a player not playing to his potential.

I'm surprised you even show face after your get Gerrard sacked calls constantly.

You've hated the boy ever since he arrived, been proven to you time and time again. 

I'm happy to be proven wrong with Gerrard if we do the business this season, that obviously remains to be seen, will you ever change your attitude towards Morelos? Doubt it. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You've hated the boy ever since he arrived, been proven to you time and time again. 

I'm happy to be proven wrong with Gerrard if we do the business this season, that obviously remains to be seen, will you ever change your attitude towards Morelos? Doubt it. 

You need help this is an issue now.

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

The teams improved and he's stood still due to not getting a move and not keeping himself fit for the start of the season.

He’s became more of a team player rather than a selfish striker. He’s clearly been given a different role and it’s benefiting the whole team with goals spread amongst us.  

He does however need a goal or two soon. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s became more of a team player rather than a selfish striker. He’s clearly been given a different role and it’s benefiting the whole team with goals spread amongst us.  

He does however need a goal or two soon. 

I want him to score as well and can see why Gerrard picked him last night due to his record in Europe.

He's had weeks of starts as we had to persevere with him in the team due to injurys and although his link up play has been pretty good overall, he needs dropped imo. Shocking 1st touch and has a tendency to give the ball away cheaply on occasions which inevitably turns into a counter attack for the other team. That coupled with the fact hes just not scoring means a spell on the bench is needed when Roofe and Itten are champing at the bit.

Yeah , I'm another for giving him a break . Not criticising his effort , but he's not the player he was last season, and if it is because we're employing a new system then it doesn't appear to suit him as its nullifying his strengths . 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

If you can’t see that our tweaks to the system are set up for Roofe as the main man then I can’t help you. 

Our tweaks to the team are so anyone can slot in and play that position, if you think Morelos is finnished at the club then a canny help you either😂

16 hours ago, AlCapone said:

The system has changed, previously everything was going through him and if he was off form or suspended we were fucked. It’s now more fluid with the expectation that he drops deep more to contribute, he struggles with that but who knows he might grow into it. The role suits Roofe more, I think that’s why he was bought as the manager thinks it will make us a better team than with Alfredo up front 

This. I would rather have a team where the goals are spread out and use alfie to create opportunities for others. Before the midfield sole job seemed to be to get the ball to him. Hence mark him out the game and we struggled.  Lets not go back to that please. 

4 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Our tweaks to the team are so anyone can slot in and play that position, if you think Morelos is finnished at the club then a canny help you either😂

Never said he was finished at the club. But Roofe (if he stays fit) was planned to be our main CF this season. The tweaks are to facilitate that as he can’t be the battering ram Morelos used to be. And Morelos doesn’t play this new role effectively.

The club 100% expected Morelos to be away over the summer. It’s a bonus he’s here, but the planning was for without him. 

His really poor form will see Roofe stepping in and being the main man for a run of games IMO. He takes his chance and Morelos becomes a fantastic substitute. 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Never said he was finished at the club. But Roofe (if he stays fit) was planned to be our main CF this season. The tweaks are to facilitate that as he can’t be the battering ram Morelos used to be. And Morelos doesn’t play this role effectively.

The club 100% expected Morelos to be away over the summer. It’s a bonus he’s here, but the planning was for without him. 

His really poor form will see Roofe stepping in and being the main man for a run of games IMO. He takes his chance and Morelos becomes a fantastic substitute. 

Whoever is in form will play and rightly so, it's a nice headache to have👍

There's a lot of nonsense written on here about Alfie, but he is still our best striker.

He is also adapting to a new way of playing this season, and works really hard, i still think he is contributing to the team, but not with goals.

Unfortunately, turning on our own players is standard for some on here.

He is becoming a scapegoat for many, who cannot accept he is part of a winning team who have made our best start to the season , for a long while.

We always need someone to complain about.

Morelos is a handful for any team even when not scoring goals and his movement means he will always have chances to score as he did in Belgium. He is a great player and he will score plenty this season provided our midfield can generate the chances.

As Gerrard has pointed out we still need more going forward from that area of pitch. Let's hope the South African loan signing can provide more and stay fit.

2 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Fully believe he'll start scoring again soon, but reckon Roofe or Itten should start ahead of him this weekend.

We now have options up front and no matter who starts they can all do a job when called upon and that can only be a good thing.

Archived