Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/12/2020 at 22:46, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair enough in terms of time frame but he shouldn't have needed the preseason if playing during summer. I dont think he's offered enough but then again, I don't think Morelos does either and he plays regularly.

Morelos role has changed massively since last year surely that is obvious 😛

4 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

third goal he literally passed it two yards in the build up too.

We’re trying too hard to make him relevant.

I used to be the clever guy who made runs & made spaces.

Not long before you realise that it’s the guys who are actually setting stuff up & scoring that are getting all the game time & plaudits.

Nobody ever bought a player because he ‘made space’.

2 minutes ago, badjon said:

Morelos role has changed massively since last year surely that is obvious 😛

Aye - he’s an average midfielder, instead of a decent striker.

That much is obvious!

12 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He’d an accurate pass & 3 people were involved after him.

We’ll be giving McGregor assists for goal kicks before long.

He actually took the defender out of position to create the space for Tav, it’s fuck all to do with the pass.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

He actually took the defender out of position to create the space for Tav, it’s fuck all to do with the pass.

Oh, right.

And we scored the third in almost identical circumstances without him doing that.

It was nothing special.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Oh, right.

And we scored the third in almost identical circumstances without him doing that.

It was nothing special.

It was when we weren’t creating fuck all until we scored. 

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Oh, right.

It was nothing special.

lol

Without being a dick, this is the type of take those folk who have never really played football come away with

we don't score that goal if Alfredo doesn't come short and drag a defender out and, being the first goal in a game where up until that point we hadn't created much, it was really important. Scoring goals against the likes of Ross County becomes a lot easier when you're up 2 and it's later in the 2nd half

Sadly it's just not falling for Alfredo at the minute, he is barely getting a sniff - a half chance here and there. Tav should have put it on a plate for him for the 3rd, but the team scored so can't complain too much. 

He was a lot better today with his all round hold up and movement play

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

lol

Without being a dick, this is the type of take those folk who have never really played football come away with

we don't score that goal if Alfredo doesn't come short and drag a defender out and, being the first goal in a game where up until that point we hadn't created much, it was really important. Scoring goals against the likes of Ross County becomes a lot easier when you're up 2 and it's later in the 2nd half

Of course you’re not being a dick mate...

Whatever you say...

Wish Alfredo would hold the ball up when he receives it with his back to goal, the amount of free kicks we would get when defenders come through the back of him.

He just passes the ball back 1st time 99% of the time. 

18 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Wish Alfredo would hold the ball up when he receives it with his back to goal, the amount of free kicks we would get when defenders come through the back of him.

He just passes the ball back 1st time 99% of the time. 

He’s clearly been asked not to do that my the management team. The quick pass back allows the likes of Davis a chance to play a through ball into space e.g. the first goal yesterday. 

I loved watching Alfie barrel his way past defences, but we won nothing that way. He’s playing the Firmino role for us now. If that means he scores less but we win trophies, Who cares?!

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He’s clearly been asked not to do that my the management team. The quick pass back allows the likes of Davis a chance to play a through ball into space e.g. the first goal yesterday. 

I loved watching Alfie barrel his way past defences, but we won nothing that way. He’s playing the Firmino role for us now. If that means he scores less but we win trophies, Who cares?!

Yes we got a goal from it yesterday but how many times in the last few games has he passed it out the park or straight to the other team. He passed it out the park yesterday trying a 1st time pass to Tav. 

12 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

It wasn't a quick back pass. The space when he collected was actually less for Davis to play the ball into than when Morelos received it. Davis pass was the key to the goal. The stunning pass, wonderful cross and excellent finish really deserve the recognition for the goal.

The pics below show there was more space around Morelos when Kent played a simple ball to him. He held it up, moved a few yards left, and played it back to Davis. At the point Davis received it he'd less space to pass it into than Kent had had. It was no opening up of space by a cunning dragging of a player away.. It needed an eye of needle pass to succeed and he delivered. Morelos didn't create space though he did have a defender follow him. Tav benefitted by the player near him (no43) ball watching.  Look at Roofes positioning, he's on his toes and seeing the gap between 2 defenders. 

Morelos played a part, but it was as much as Kent tbh. The 3 critical components involved Davis, Tav and Roofe.

20201207_090831.jpg

20201207_090846.jpg

20201207_090923.jpg

Look, we all love Alfie but to say he pulled a defender away to make space is a nonsense, he's not the player he was and yes he's playing a different role than normal but if he was playing the way he was and banging in goals his role wouldnt have changed.

Archived