Morelos

Swagger

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So in the last 2 games they've given us the same. Thanks 👍

By that theory we replace everyone except Goldson Tav and Roofe ?? 

Morelos is a threat. Teams will plan for him, have discussions and plans to handle him. For 90 minutes whether in form or not he is a threat and a constant annoyance to defenders. 

Neymar hasn’t scored in his last two either, so to your point yes, Morelos, Barker, and Neymar have contributed the same in the last two games 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Swally said:

So all players should be played if playing shite until they come good?

fuck me man :lol:

It's just not how football works, any excuse to squeeze him into the team even if he's playing poorly.

We're no Stranraer

>if you don't play to the required standard you're dropped until you prove your worthy of a starting place<

IF alfredo has shown more in training and starts today then fair enough, but we don't see him in training. We judge him on the games he plays, and frankly he's no longer deserving of a starting place given his recent performances in games.

Amazing how Morelos is judged and treated completely differently to all other players. 

Who said that? 

Im talking about our number 1 striker our top goal scorer for the last few years, our second top European goal scorer of all time and our most valuable asset. 

Play him and he’ll come good. 

Hes not even playing half as bad as the numptys on here are trying to make out 🤣

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is 9 goal contributions in 957 minutes of football playing poorly? 

Ryan Kent hasn't been at his best the last few games, don't see threads made about him demanding he be dropped. 

Hagi was getting it tight despite still pulling numbers in... 

Cunts are no well on here. 

so do you want me to start a thread on kent so we can criticize kent?

what do we need to do in order to be able to criticize him? :lol:

i apologise for talking about morelos in the morelos thread, should have known better

i don't see anyone demanding he be dropped, from my point of view if you read one of my recent posts i stated if he is showing it in training and starts then fair enough, but we can't judge him on that because we don't see him.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who said that? 

Im talking about our number 1 striker our top goal scorer for the last few years, our second top European goal scorer of all time and our most valuable asset. 

Hes not even playing half as bad as the numptys on here are trying to make out 🤣

maybe we should sign and start ally, 2 times golden boot winner

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Kent hasn't done anything in the last two games yet will still be playing because he's one of our best players, same as Morelos. 

Brandon Barker doesn't fall into the same category. 

Any of the front 3 could get dropped and have little argument.

If any of Roofe / Itten / Defoe / Jones started today and any of Morelos / Hagi / Kent / Barker didn't then based on individual form in the scum and Liege game Gerrard can't be criticised.

Only category I'm interested is forwards having an impact on games. Barker and Morelos currently are in the same camp.

11 minutes ago, Swally said:

So all players should be played if playing shite until they come good?

fuck me man :lol:

It's just not how football works, any excuse to squeeze him into the team even if he's playing poorly.

We're no Stranraer

>if you don't play to the required standard you're dropped until you prove your worthy of a starting place<

IF alfredo has shown more in training and starts today then fair enough, but we don't see him in training. We judge him on the games he plays, and frankly he's no longer deserving of a starting place given his recent performances in games.

Amazing how Morelos is judged and treated completely differently to all other players. 

9 minutes ago, Swally said:

How many people moaned at Smith because of his favourites, even more recently Gerrard?

Some fans are doing exactly the same and no seeing it :lol:

Spot on. Tavernier, Goldson, Davis, Kamara and others would get absolutely slaughtered by many of the same posters here for doing a fraction as bad as Morelos has been doing. 

Why they think Morelos is absolutely undroppable despite a poor 10 month period when we have 3 good strikers waiting behind him is just baffling tbh

He'll end up scoring today and good, I hope he does, and they'll be here giving it all the I told you so - even though all anybody is saying is "he's not been at his best let someone else play". But it doesn't the change the fact that right now at this current second he hasn't been showing enough

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who said that? 

What has he done of impact in his last 2 games mate?

Morelos is much more than just a "goal scorer" this season, and has played a massive part in our start to the season and is still involved in everything we do in attack. 

His "goal scoring" was always going to take a hit when he's being asked to play in a fluid front 3 system rather than leading the line in and around the box.

To say he's playing shite is simply untrue tbh. 

I do think he needs dropped to give him a rest though, because he did look a bit leggy in the Standard game.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only category I'm interested is forwards having an impact on games. Barker and Morelos currently are in the same camp.

He's been having an impact all season, you've compared him to Barker which is ridiculous. 

He's had 1 assist in his last 4 games, including ragdolling the Galatasaray defence all over the shop. 

1 minute ago, fin8577 said:

Morelos has been very disappointing this season i think its a mixture of confidence and not getting the move to Lille.  But we can't keep carrying him its time t give Itten and Roofe a chance upfront and see what they can do. 

Ideal game to start both of them today.......

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Morelos is much more than just a "goal scorer" this season, and has played a massive part in our start to the season and is still involved in everything we do in attack. 

His "goal scoring" was always going to take a hit when he's being asked to play in a fluid front 3 system rather than leading the line in and around the box.

I do think he needs dropped to give him a rest though, because he did look a bit leggy in the Standard game.

Too much sense in this post for this thread to take imo

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is 9 goal contributions in 957 minutes of football playing poorly? 

Ryan Kent hasn't been at his best the last few games, don't see threads made about him demanding he be dropped. 

Hagi was getting it tight despite still pulling numbers in... 

Cunts are no well on here. 

Is 957 minutes all classed as current form?

Most folk are discussing whether he deserves to start or not given his poor form. Cant take folk seriously that are defending his current form as being even remotely near good enough 😂😂😂 

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Spot on mate 

Also not against giving him a rest today then bring him back in for the EL game but I’m desperate for him to start scoring again to shut these cunts up for a bit and for that reason I would start him 🤣

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's been having an impact all season, you've compared him to Barker which is ridiculous. 

He's had 1 assist in his last 4 games, including ragdolling the Galatasaray defence all over the shop. 

I've compared his current contribution to that of Barker. Which based on the 2 games since the break is at a benchmark around ankle height. Not as low as ground level due to running around a bit and keeping the team shape.

In terms of impact from a guy who played most minutes in both games at CF, Morelos has had little more impact.

Denial or stupidity to suggest otherwise, and if you could you'd highlight all the big contributions in either game....

7 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Too much sense in this post for this thread to take imo

People will disagree tbh and that's fair enough, but, imo, it's unfair to judge his game this season and in this system purely on his goals scored, when he's not playing as an "out-and-out" striker.

Apart from a few misplaced passes and wrong decisions (both thing's he's done since he got here tbf) i don't think he's been bad at all.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is 957 minutes all classed as current form?

Most folk are discussing whether he deserves to start or not given his poor form. Cant take folk seriously that are defending his current form as being even remotely near good enough 😂😂😂 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've compared his current contributuon to that of Barker. Which based on tgex2 games since the break is at a benchmark around ankle height. Not as low as ground level due to running around a bit and keeping the team shape.

In terms of impact from a guy who played most minutes in both games at CF, Morelos has had little more impact.

Denial or stupidity to suggest otherwise, and if you could you'd highlight all the big contributions in either game....

Kent hasn't kicked his own arse the last few games, but both will likely start today because they're 2 of our best players. 

Barker isn't. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Spot on mate 

Also not against giving him a rest today then bring him back in for the big game but I’m desperate for him to start scoring again to shut these cunts up for a bit and for that reason I would start him 🤣

a cunt for thinking a player should be dropped because he's not performing - even to his high standard

a cunt for thinking dropping a player can actually have a positive effect on someone who isn't performing - suddenly this is an alien concept.

tenor.gif?itemid=7620514

do you think anyone who is thinking morelos should be dropped will be pissed off if he starts and scores today?

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

People will disagree tbh and that's fair enough, but, imo, it's unfair to judge his game this season and in this system purely on his goals scored, when he's not playing as an "out-and-out" striker.

Apart from a few misplaced passes and wrong decisions (both thing's he's done since he got here tbf) i don't think he's been bad at all.

Who is doing that?

Just now, Swally said:

a cunt for thinking a player should be dropped because he's not performing - even to his high standard

a cunt for thinking dropping a player can actually have a positive effect on someone who isn't performing - suddenly this is an alien concept.

tenor.gif?itemid=7620514

do you think anyone who is thinking morelos should be dropped will be pissed off if he starts and scores today?

I call my boy a wee cunt I call my work mates cunts fs stop greeting 😆

To answer your stupid question No but they’ll probably still try pick faults in his performance 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I call my boy a wee cunt I call my work mates cunts fs stop greeting 😆

To answer your stupid question No but they’ll probably still try pick faults in his performance 

II thought even a ridiculous gif would help you understand I'm not being 100% serious.

Clearly it's beyond you. :lol:

I'm glad you answered the stupid question, and I'm glad we're all on the same page then.

The last part of it, hell mend anyone for picking faults in a player's performance :lol:

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've compared his current contributuon to that of Barker. Which based on the 2 games since the break is at a benchmark around ankle height. Not as low as ground level due to running around a bit and keeping the team shape.

If we're playing the 4-3-3, Morelos is playing in the same position as Kent and Barker as part of an interchangeable front 3.

Even in the 4-3-2-1, I've seen Kent go into the "one" and Morelos dropping back.

Having a fluid front 3 makes it hard for defenders to "mark" a player or double up on them, and dragging defenders out of position is one of Morelos' biggest strengths, imo.

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

II thought even a ridiculous gif would help you understand I'm not being 100% serious.

Clearly it's beyond you. :lol:

I'm glad you answered the stupid question, and I'm glad we're all on the same page then.

The last part of it, hell mend anyone for picking faults in a player's performance :lol:

I used to like you 

😆

Archived