Morelos

Swagger

8 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He’s always looked a bit over weight, he’s not he’s just a stocky wee cunt fs Do you think our coaching staff just let him stoat about the training ground eating doughnuts while the rest of the squad are fit as fuck 😆

people on here are fucking sheep 

He is definately more bulky than he was in our euro run last season. They put on highlights at half time against Liege and it was pretty clear. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think Morelos was just being rested today.  I fully expect him to start against Poznan.

Tough call. Do you start him at Killie too? Our record with him as our striker has been dreadful in the league there. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Tough call. Do you start him at Killie too? Our record with him as our striker has been dreadful in the league there. 

I think he’ll start both had a rest today so should be fresh for Thursday. He’s still our first choice forward and all round  game play is better than both Itten and Roofe imo

Obviously he needs to start scoring again and soon or this might change. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He’s always looked a bit over weight, he’s not he’s just a stocky wee cunt fs Do you think our coaching staff just let him stoat about the training ground eating doughnuts while the rest of the squad are fit as fuck 😆

people on here are fucking sheep 

He’s big boned mate😉

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hope so! Don’t want him starting in the league on current form so he can start in the secondary competition.

You dont like Morelos, we get it.

But is becoming repetitive and boring.

I have said my piece on where I am with Morelos....I don't hate the boy I just don't think his current form merits a starting place at this current time 

@berkshirebear your hatred for Morelos is fucking embarrassing bud...for about a month now the only thing you haven't blamed on Morelos is the covid outbreak....who needs enemies ffs 

21 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I have said my piece on where I am with Morelos....I don't hate the boy I just don't think his current form merits a starting place at this current time 

@berkshirebear your hatred for Morelos is fucking embarrassing bud...for about a month now the only thing you haven't blamed on Morelos is the covid outbreak....who needs enemies ffs 

Not hatred. Id love to see him come back to the form he was in pre Xmas, I just think he's massively let the club down and don't think he deserves the adulation he gets from some people on here! 

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

Not hatred. Id love to see him come back to the form he was in pre Xmas, I just think he's massively let the club down and don't think he deserves the adulation he gets from some people on here! 

Look...I'm quoted as saying I feel he can do better and he clearly isn't close to being the same player as a year ago but I'm still positive enough to know that if he gets his form back he can still be a massive asset for us....I just don't get that vibe from your posts regarding the lad 

38 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hope so! Don’t want him starting in the league on current form so he can start in the secondary competition.

Morelos was played in Europe, and Defoe played domestically, this time last season.  Morelos was banging them in and clearly our best striker yet he was still rested domestically.  Your argument falls flat on its face because Gerrard is simply doing what he did last season.  He’s playing Morelos against the more difficult opponents.  If Itten, Roofe, and Defoe play domestically then I’m fine with that.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos was played in Europe, and Defoe played domestically, this time last season.  Morelos was banging them in and clearly our best striker yet he was still rested domestically.  Your argument falls flat on its face because Gerrard is simply doing what he did last season.  He’s playing Morelos against the more difficult opponents.  If Itten, Roofe, and Defoe play domestically then I’m fine with that.  

I’m happy with him starting in the cups. Roofe or itten will get a run in the league in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I’m happy with him starting in the cups. Roofe or itten will get a run in the league in the coming weeks.

Morelos will start whenever we play a difficult side in Europe or domestically.  Morelos got the Aberdeen game away, the Old Firm game, the European games, etc.  Against the likes of Livingston (the “big games”) Gerrard will give the likes of Itten, Roofe, or Defoe some minutes.  It’s something that worked for us last season (up until Christmas) and I’ve no problem with Gerrard doing it again.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos will start whenever we play a difficult side in Europe or domestically.  Morelos got the Aberdeen game away, the Old Firm game, the European games, etc.  Against the likes of Livingston (the “big games”) Gerrard will give the likes of Itten, Roofe, or Defoe some minutes.  It’s something that worked for us last season (up until Christmas) and I’ve no problem with Gerrard doing it again.  

That was last season when we only had two options though ,this season we have another 3 strikers so if he doesn’t start scoring there’s a big chance he won’t be getting the big games.

16 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

That was last season when we only had two options though ,this season we have another 3 strikers so if he doesn’t start scoring there’s a big chance he won’t be getting the big games.

Exactly, we have more options yet Morelos is still the guy Gerrard plays in the Old Firm game and in Europe.  That tells you he's still our best striker in the mind of our manager.

Last season Dick Advocaat made the point that Morelos and Defoe are two completely different types of striker.  Morelos will come deep, link play, bully defenders, etc.  Defoe wants a ball over the top.

Morelos is our man for the big occasion.  He does an incredible amount of work even when he doesn't score.  

Archived