38 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hope so! Don’t want him starting in the league on current form so he can start in the secondary competition.

Morelos was played in Europe, and Defoe played domestically, this time last season.  Morelos was banging them in and clearly our best striker yet he was still rested domestically.  Your argument falls flat on its face because Gerrard is simply doing what he did last season.  He’s playing Morelos against the more difficult opponents.  If Itten, Roofe, and Defoe play domestically then I’m fine with that.  

hammer93 likes this
  • Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass completion means fuck all when the 3 out of 10 passes he doesn’t make are that bad they allow the opposing team to counter attack like at  Liege it happened 4 times    The new role excuse

12 goals in 2 games, none from Morelos or Defoe. A million miles from last season when the two of them were our only real source of goals.

His wee mood today was hilarious. That's the attitude I want from my striker tbh. Shows he has knuckled down and cares 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos was played in Europe, and Defoe played domestically, this time last season.  Morelos was banging them in and clearly our best striker yet he was still rested domestically.  Your argument falls flat on its face because Gerrard is simply doing what he did last season.  He’s playing Morelos against the more difficult opponents.  If Itten, Roofe, and Defoe play domestically then I’m fine with that.  

I’m happy with him starting in the cups. Roofe or itten will get a run in the league in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I’m happy with him starting in the cups. Roofe or itten will get a run in the league in the coming weeks.

Morelos will start whenever we play a difficult side in Europe or domestically.  Morelos got the Aberdeen game away, the Old Firm game, the European games, etc.  Against the likes of Livingston (the “big games”) Gerrard will give the likes of Itten, Roofe, or Defoe some minutes.  It’s something that worked for us last season (up until Christmas) and I’ve no problem with Gerrard doing it again.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos will start whenever we play a difficult side in Europe or domestically.  Morelos got the Aberdeen game away, the Old Firm game, the European games, etc.  Against the likes of Livingston (the “big games”) Gerrard will give the likes of Itten, Roofe, or Defoe some minutes.  It’s something that worked for us last season (up until Christmas) and I’ve no problem with Gerrard doing it again.  

That was last season when we only had two options though ,this season we have another 3 strikers so if he doesn’t start scoring there’s a big chance he won’t be getting the big games.

16 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

That was last season when we only had two options though ,this season we have another 3 strikers so if he doesn’t start scoring there’s a big chance he won’t be getting the big games.

Exactly, we have more options yet Morelos is still the guy Gerrard plays in the Old Firm game and in Europe.  That tells you he's still our best striker in the mind of our manager.

Last season Dick Advocaat made the point that Morelos and Defoe are two completely different types of striker.  Morelos will come deep, link play, bully defenders, etc.  Defoe wants a ball over the top.

Morelos is our man for the big occasion.  He does an incredible amount of work even when he doesn't score.  

IpswichGer and Tiger Shaw like this
10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Sadiq was sold last summer for about £5m.  Didn't make it here but obviously made an impact elsewhere.  

Couldn't handle the pressure imo, but he's a weird player, looks like a spider trying to control the ball. Clumsy as fuck.

Ayrblue1 likes this
Just now, Swally said:

Couldn't handle the pressure imo, but he's a weird player, looks like a spider trying to control the ball. Clumsy as fuck.

In the games I seen him he made one weirdly amazing run haha! But that was it. I don’t even know where he is nowadays 😂

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

Exactly, we have more options yet Morelos is still the guy Gerrard plays in the Old Firm game and in Europe.  That tells you he's still our best striker in the mind of our manager.

Last season Dick Advocaat made the point that Morelos and Defoe are two completely different types of striker.  Morelos will come deep, link play, bully defenders, etc.  Defoe wants a ball over the top.

Morelos is our man for the big occasion.  He does an incredible amount of work even when he doesn't score.  

It’s a different Morelos this season but I can’t remember the last time he bullied a defender and his link up has been more poor than good tbh. Had roofe been fit enough he would’ve started at parkhead.

1 minute ago, Ayrblue1 said:

In the games I seen him he made one weirdly amazing run haha! But that was it. I don’t even know where he is nowadays 😂

It wouldn't be fair to the lad to say it's down to luck but that's the way it seems, it seems like the ball just hits off him in a lucky way, it's no really controlled :lol:

I think he's in spain, don't know who he's playing for

Ayrblue1 likes this
2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

It’s a different Morelos this season but I can’t remember the last time he bullied a defender and his link up has been more poor than good tbh. Had roofe been fit enough he would’ve started at parkhead.

Aye cause he's been asked to play a different role in the team. How the fuck can't people see this? 

IpswichGer and TamCoopz like this
1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos had an 80% pass completion rate against Celtic and Standard.  His link up play has been spot on.  He's always available for a pass and his movement dropping deeper and wider has been a nightmare for defenders (Aberdeen, Galatasaray, etc).  Some people, sadly, just look at the goals and don't seem to understand his overall contribution.

TamCoopz and IpswichGer like this
1 minute ago, Swally said:

It wouldn't be fair to the lad to say it's down to luck but that's the way it seems, it seems like the ball just hits off him in a lucky way, it's no really controlled :lol:

I think he's in spain, don't know who he's playing for

Its weird as fuck man Part of me would think “he’s got something there” then he fucks it. He’s nowhere near where we are right now

GA1972 likes this
Just now, gazza27 said:

Aye cause he's been asked to play a different role in the team. How the fuck can't people see this? 

He’s still missing chances and his link up play has been poor with his erratic passing  and heavy touch. How the fuck can’t people not see this?

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos had an 80% pass completion rate against celtic and Standard.  His link up play has been spot on.  He's always available for a pass and his movement dropping deeper and wider has been a nightmare for defenders (Aberdeen, Galatasaray, etc).  Some people, sadly, just look at the goals and don't seem to understand his overall contribution.

His link up play was very good vs gala but he lost the ball numerous times at parkhead and a few time’s on Thursday.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s still missing chances and his link up play has been poor with his erratic passing  and heavy touch. How the fuck can’t people not see this?

This isn't true tho.  The stats show an 80% pass completion ratio despite being a striker often receiving the ball under pressure in the oppositions half.  His link up play has been of a very high standard.

In terms of movement to draw defenders out that's been working since day one.  First league game of the season he draws out a defender and plays Kent in for the only goal of the game.  Against Galatasaray he makes an excellent run that took out a defender and allowed Arfield to get in behind and score.  Without these contributions maybe we don't win at Aberdeen, or qualify for Europe.  

Tiger Shaw and eskbankloyal like this
7 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

He’s been ‘a different Morelos’ since the win at the piggery last season, which happened without a change in role. 

Wish people would admit that he’s not half the player he can be.

shandy and jjbscotty12 like this
5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s been ‘a different Morelos’ since the win at the piggery last season, which happened without a change in role. 

Wish people would admit that he’s not half the player he can be.

By 'different Morelos' people are talking about goals.  Morelos' overall play is just as good as it was at any point last season.  The goals aren't coming but I guarantee he'll still finish the season with around 25 in all competitions.  He's already scored 5.

eskbankloyal and gazza27 like this
38 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Duffy last week 

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

By 'different Morelos' people are talking about goals.  Morelos' overall play is just as good as it was at any point last season.  The goals aren't coming but I guarantee he'll still finish the season with around 25 in all competitions.  He's already scored 5.

:lol: 

blinkered. Is it fuck. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: 

blinkered. Is it fuck. 

His pass completion rate is just as high, his movement dropping deep is creating space for the midfielders which is has worked a treat, he's pressing well, etc.  The only think he's lacking is the goals.