Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Morelos does it all the time. 

I just wonder why the rest of our players, especially the midfield don't.

Might be Gerrard's tactics right enough but I don't see much point in giving the opposition lots of opportunities to get back to and retain their shape. 

54 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

They really wouldn't have and going on about pass completion stats is daft the same as it was last week ffs 

It’s not “daft”.  People in this thread were criticising Morelos for giving the ball away or having slack passing.  If his pass completion rate is consistently over 80% (including games against celtic, Benfica, etc) then we know those comments have no basis in fact.  Morelos has been very good this season coming deeper he just needed a few more goals.  His return of goals and assists for the season is acceptable in my opinion but I understand people have very high expectations when it comes to this lad. 

23 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If he hadn’t scored last night people would have been on here saying he’s shite 🤣

What was his pass completion last night? Doubt it will be much higher than the 80% he had in the games people where saying he was poor.

Would you say he's been as good as he was vs Benfuca in all the other games? 

He deserved his goal but everybody was praising his performance before the goal. 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He deserved his goal but everybody was praising his performance before the goal. 

I’ve already said he looked sharper in the Benfica game put his performance in the other games has been nowhere near as bad as can’t control a ball, can’t pass, looks fat, can’t finish and whatever other nonsense that was posted.

Dont really read the match thread during the match so no idea if people where praising him during it before the goal, will take your word for it though

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Exactly. 

He produced that Benfica performance every other week last season.

People who say he hasn't regressed this season are doing his performances last season a complete disservice and are under-rating what he is capable of. 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I’ve already said he looked sharper in the Benfica game put his performance in the other games has been nowhere near as bad as can’t control a ball, can’t pass, looks fat, can’t finish and whatever other nonsense that was posted.

I disagree. I'd say he's been well below par in almost every game this year before his 10/10 against Benfica. 

I don't need his pass stats to decide that either. 

He's been nowhere near good enough. Hopefully turned a corner though. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I disagree. I'd say he's been well below par in almost every game this year before his 10/10 against Benfica. 

I don't need his pass stats to decide that either. 

He's been nowhere near good enough. Hopefully turned a corner though. 

Fair doos mate all about opinions. The stats things funny though cause you can bet yer house that if his pass stats where like 40% the last few games it would be getting put out there as proof he’s shite 😆

23 minutes ago, TMB said:

It’s not “daft”.  People in this thread were criticising Morelos for giving the ball away or having slack passing.  If his pass completion rate is consistently over 80% (including games against celtic, Benfica, etc) then we know those comments have no basis in fact.  Morelos has been very good this season coming deeper he just needed a few more goals.  His return of goals and assists for the season is acceptable in my opinion but I understand people have very high expectations when it comes to this lad. 

It is daft , he could have 100% pass completion stats but if they were all 5 yard square passes then it doesn't tell the story of the game 

See this ‘80% pass completion’ pish. Means absolutely fuck all. Can complete 4 in 5 passes, but if they’re behind someone’s run or to the wrong person or to the wrong option then they are worth nothing. 

Morelos has a much better game on Thursday, topped off with a goal. It was night and day vs most of his performances this season - regardless if he’s had 80% pass completion or not. 

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fair doos mate all about opinions. The stats things funny though cause you can bet yer house that if his pass stats where like 40% the last few games it would be getting put out there as proof he’s shite 😆

He could have 0% pass rate and I wouldn't care as long as the wee man bangs them in every week :thumbsup:

Archived