Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jamess said:

We've went from relying on Alfie, to him being a passenger and us struggling, to us winning easily with him as still a bit of a passenger. I'm sure the manager still thinks he can do a job as he plays him.

Wrong

he’s more of a team player and less selfish. Yes he needs to score more often, but watch him now - sitting deeper, holding off and drawing players. 

he plays his part that’s for sure

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Yup - I think the others have overtaken him in this respect and are playing round him rather than to him, which has always been the obvious tactic over the previous couple of seasons.

They see other options & aren’t tunnel visioned in trying to set Alf up all the time.

Yeah, it a joy to watch. Last season we were just pass pass pass then fling a ball into the box with no one there. 

Now we're going down the wings, over the top, through the middle and it's all mostly 1 touch pass and move and pulling teams all over place. We're playing some of the best stuff I've seen since the Advocatt days. Its amazing to watch and a good time to be a Rangers fan. 

There isn't much to moan about with the way we are playing just now and the lot of us are usually moany and as hard to please as any set of fans on this planet. 

If we win the league for the first time since Walter left by stopping those cunts getting their tainted as fuck 10 in a row it will be the best trophy we have won in my life and I include the 9 in a row and all of the helicopter Sundays we won in that purely because of what we have been through these last few brutal years when it looked like we were not even going to have a team to support at all at one point. 

We deserve to do it this year. It will be bang on time from when i predicted on this site away back in 2012/13. That isn't really important though, just winning the 55th title is the most important thing. 

I don't have a tattoo but almost got the 5 stars back when we won our 50th. I'm definitely going to get one if we win the league this year though.

C'MON THE RANGERS!!🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, it a joy to watch. Last season we were just pass pass pass then fling a ball into the box with no one there. 

Now we're going down the wings, over the top, through the middle and it's all mostly 1 touch pass and move and pulling teams all over place. We're playing some of the best stuff I've seen since the Advocatt days. Its amazing to watch and a good time to be a Rangers fan. 

There isn't much to moan about with the way we are playing just now and the lot of us are usually moany and as hard to please as any set of fans on this planet. 

If we win the league for the first time since Walter left by stopping those cunts getting their tainted as fuck 10 in a row it will be the best trophy we have won in my life and I include the 9 in a row and all of the helicopter Sundays we won in that purely because of what we have been through these last few brutal years when it looked like we were not even going to have a team to support at all at one point. 

We deserve to do it this year. It will be bang on time from when i predicted on this site away back in 2012/13. That isn't really important though, just winning the 55th title is the most important thing. 

I don't have a tattoo but almost got the 5 stars back when we won our 50th. I'm definitely going to get one if we win the league this year though.

C'MON THE RANGERS!!🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧

Your enthusiasm deserves it’s reward mate!!

I think a few of the other guys are growing into themselves & realising it’s not all about one player - which is producing what you describe.

Keep this up & we’ll not just win it, but win it in style!!

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

That's the nail on the head bud.....I predicted before a ball was kicked that we would have a mixture of 50 goals and assists from Hagi & kent alone.....so far they will be close to half way there already.....add in Arfield, Aribo & Tavernier and it's all starting to click 

Tav with 22 goals and assists is fucking ridiculous :lol: 

1 hour ago, berkshirebear said:

Roofes a far better centre forward.. 

I agree with that. Also think while Alfie hasn’t scored as many his movement and general play has been excellent. Couple of slack passes today but overall I think he’s contributing to the team. Could reach another level if he hits top form.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Your enthusiasm deserves it’s reward mate!!

I think a few of the other guys are growing into themselves & realising it’s not all about one player - which is producing what you describe.

Keep this up & we’ll not just win it, but win it in style!!

Yeah, it's looking good. Thank fuck there's no winter break this year. The team looks as fit as any team I've seen so if we can keep this momentum going while THEY are struggling to cope with the pressure of going for 10 and are stuck with lemon as a manager (fuck having to see that cunts ugly coupon every day. He doesn't have that gravitas that top managers have) We have a great chance of winning the league this year, we seem to come flying out the blocks every time we're on a pitch. Having 2 players for every position is what Gerrard said he wanted and now he has it so all we need to do is keep doing what we're doing and we could be drowning out the sound of the Champions league music that hasn't been heard at Ibrox in such a long time next season. 🇬🇧🇬🇧😁😁

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, it's looking good. Thank fuck there's no winter break this year. The team looks as fit as any team I've seen so if we can keep this momentum going while THEY are struggling to cope with the pressure of going for 10 and are stuck with lemon as a manager (fuck having to see that cunts ugly coupon every day. He doesn't have that gravitas that top managers have) We have a great chance of winning the league this year, we seem to come flying out the blocks every time we're on a pitch. Having 2 players for every position is what Gerrard said he wanted and now he has it so all we need to do is keep doing what we're doing and we could be drowning out the sound of the Champions league music that hasn't been heard at Ibrox in such a long time next season. 🇬🇧🇬🇧😁😁

Yup - long way to go but it’s shaping up nicely.

Not sure whether it was the winter break as such that’s screwed us the last couple of years.

For me, it’s more down to a squad unused to the demands of playing an extra half season of European games on top of the usual.

Took Klopp’s lot about 3 seasons to adapt & we look as if we might be following suit.

Add in the extra bodies that allow a sensible amount of rotation & we look in decent shape, if we carry on in the same vein.

Fingers crossed there are no injury & COVID disruptions.

18 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yup - long way to go but it’s shaping up nicely.

Not sure whether it was the winter break as such that’s screwed us the last couple of years.

For me, it’s more down to a squad unused to the demands of playing an extra half season of European games on top of the usual.

Took Klopp’s lot about 3 seasons to adapt & we look as if we might be following suit.

Add in the extra bodies that allow a sensible amount of rotation & we look in decent shape, if we carry on in the same vein.

Fingers crossed there are no injury & COVID disruptions.

Totally agree 🤞🤞

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That is just crazy stats for a bloody right back. If anyone deserves to lift the league trophy this year, its him. 

If he continues in this form  he will win player of the year by some distance. 

Aye, it’s not even a contest at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That is just crazy stats for a bloody right back. If anyone deserves to lift the league trophy this year, its him. 

If he continues in this form  he will win player of the year by some distance. 

Such talk is frowned upon mate.

You're right though 👍

Been looking at posts on bears den, follow follow and twitter and Morelos is taking a right tanking undeservedly in my opinion.

Since the Buff arrived at Ibrox his return ratio in goals  has been nothing short of incredible ( without a great deal of service I might add ) yes he hit a downturn in form, just like many other players, but because of the standard he had set it looked worse.

He is now playing a different role ( under instructions I assume ) by coming deeper and creating space for others to exploit, and when you see what's happening round about him it's certainly working, the downside of this is it's reducing his chances to score goals. 

Morelos has changed his natural game, goal scorer, to this new role ( which I think he's playing well ) to help the TEAM and yet everywhere you look he's getting pelters and as I said earlier undeservedly in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

Been looking at posts on bears den, follow follow and twitter and Morelos is taking a right tanking undeservedly in my opinion.

Since the Buff arrived at Ibrox his return ratio in goals  has been nothing short of incredible ( without a great deal of service I might add ) yes he hit a downturn in form, just like many other players, but because of the standard he had set it looked worse.

He is now playing a different role ( under instructions I assume ) by coming deeper and creating space for others to exploit, and when you see what's happening round about him it's certainly working, the downside of this is it's reducing his chances to score goals. 

Morelos has changed his natural game, goal scorer, to this new role ( which I think he's playing well ) to help the TEAM and yet everywhere you look he's getting pelters and as I said earlier undeservedly in my opinion.

Sorry mate, but Morelos could have an absolute shocker and you'd still be defending him. He didn't, he just wasn't very good against the sheep.

When most people are in agreement regarding something, and you're sticking out with a different opinion, then it's advisable to have a  wee look at yourself just in case you're not seeing things very clearly.

Imo you're not regarding morelos

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

Sorry mate, but Morelos could have an absolute shocker and you'd still be defending him. He didn't, he just wasn't very good against the sheep.

When most people are in agreement regarding something, and you're sticking out with a different opinion, then it's advisable to have a  wee look at yourself just in case you're not seeing things very clearly.

Imo you're not regarding morelos

Glad you mentioned sheep and most people in the same post because that's what happens quite often on here 

8 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

People just don’t understand what they’re watching mate it’s as simple as that. If he scores he’s a genus if he doesn’t score he’s off form can’t pass or control the ball a liability ect, no middle ground or understanding of the role he now plays. 

Morelos had the (second) assist on two occasions yesterday. He is still contributing and was coming on to a game in the second half. I would prefer him to be the main goal scorer but he is dragging players out of position and creating chances for many others. 

The spread in goals and assists throughout the team this year compared to last year is ridiculous. Morelos is always in my starting 11.

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

People just don’t understand what they’re watching mate it’s as simple as that. If he scores he’s a genus if he doesn’t score he’s off form can’t pass or control the ball a liability ect, no middle ground or understanding of the role he now plays. 

I didn’t say he was amazing, I didn’t say he was shite. I stated “wasn’t very good”.

Sounds like the middle ground to me:lol:

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Believe what you want mate, calling everyone just sheep because their opinion differs from you is often the sign of delusion.

I have never seen you criticise Morelos once, not once. I don’t think your opinion can be taken seriously.

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

Believe what you want mate, calling everyone just sheep because their opinion differs from you is often the sign of delusion.

I have never seen you criticise Morelos once, not once. I don’t think your opinion can be taken seriously.

brilliant coming from you

30658073_1845578462403247_5668847834145751040_n.gif

3 hours ago, Swally said:

I didn’t say he was amazing, I didn’t say he was shite. I stated “wasn’t very good”.

Sounds like the middle ground to me:lol:

3 hours ago, Swally said:

I didn’t quote you pal or even notice your posts in this thread and i didn’t call everyone sheep because their opinion differs from mine 🤣

I have criticised Morelos when it was deserved have stated on a number of occasions that he frustrates the fuck out me, particularly last season when he kept picking up stupid cards and having to miss games through suspension. 

Couldn’t give a fuck if the forum numpty takes me serious or not tbh 

Archived