Morelos

Swagger

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Morelos had the (second) assist on two occasions yesterday. He is still contributing and was coming on to a game in the second half. I would prefer him to be the main goal scorer but he is dragging players out of position and creating chances for many others. 

The spread in goals and assists throughout the team this year compared to last year is ridiculous. Morelos is always in my starting 11.

He is playing a much different role this season and it is helping the team.  We appear to be playing a system without a standard centre forward and the opposition are finding it extremely difficult to counter.    He is more of a team player now and although he isn't scoring as freely he creates space for others by taking defenders with him.  Of course we'd like to see more goals from Morelos but we are playing really well with this system and the results matter more than individual performances.    15 goals in last 3 games  speaks volumes.

Scorers:

Tavernier 3, Roofe 3, Kent 1, Arfield 2, Aribo 2, Barker 1, Kamara 1, Morelos 1, OG 1.  (Morelos didn't even play against Accies)

Not every player is playing at their optimum in every game but this system seems to have everyone contributing even when not at the top of their form.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He is playing a much different role this season and it is helping the team.  We appear to be playing a system without a standard centre forward and the opposition are finding it extremely difficult to counter.    He is more of a team player now and although he isn't scoring as freely he creates space for others by taking defenders with him.  Of course we'd like to see more goals from Morelos but we are playing really well with this system and the results matter more than individual performances.    15 goals in last 3 games  speaks volumes.

Scorers:

Tavernier 3, Roofe 3, Kent 1, Arfield 2, Aribo 2, Barker 1, Kamara 1, Morelos 1, OG 1.  (Morelos didn't even play against Accies)

Not every player is playing at their optimum in every game but this system seems to have everyone contributing even when not at the top of their form.

Gerrard is trying to emulate Klopp. Our style is very similar to Liverpool's.

20 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Aye, it’s not even a contest at the moment. 

Football writers award yes, players award probably not going by the ridiculous number of times a one of their players has won it since it's inception.

28 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not really. It took Klopp 5 years to win the league. Gerrards done it in 3.

23 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Relax! The league is well and truly over.

Easy now! You should know how unpredictable football can be, the league is a long way from won. I would list the things that could happen to change the current dynamic but as football fans we have all seen them before many times. Lots of work to be done

Getting a bit nervous at some of our fans thinking that we’ve got the league in the bag and we’re not even halfway through the league campaign - loads of football left to play.

If we are eleven points ahead with 4 games left to play then I’ll start getting really excited.  Until then, some need to fucking reign it in and get a grip  We’ve been burnt too many times and some clearly have short memories after what happened last season.  Desperate for 55 but please,  just let the team do their talking on the pitch and leave it at that for now.  Title talk can start if/when we are looking good at the finish line.

6 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Getting a bit nervous at some of our fans thinking that we’ve got the league in the bag and we’re not even halfway through the league campaign - loads of football left to play.

If we are eleven points ahead with 4 games left to play then I’ll start getting really excited.  Until then, some need to fucking reign it in and get a grip  We’ve been burnt too many times and some clearly have short memories after what happened last season.  Desperate for 55 but please,  just let the team do their talking on the pitch and leave it at that for now.  Title talk can start if/when we are looking good at the finish line.

I think a 3 week posting ban should be imposed on anyone getting way too ahead of themselves! It's understandable to get carried away now, given where we've been these last 8 years, but come on tae fuck. Over exuberance after 15 games....way too much!

18 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think a 3 week posting ban should be imposed on anyone getting way too ahead of themselves! It's understandable to get carried away now, given where we've been these last 8 years, but come on tae fuck. Over exuberance after 15 games....way too much!

A very tempting thought.

Three week posting ban for anyone saying the leagues won 🤣

Brilliant 

Think it’s pretty obvious to anybody thats being honest that we’re by far the best team in the country and have the strongest squad. 

The league flags coming home 🇬🇧

Back in three weeks lads 😆

Morelos isn’t as good as he was a year ago. I don’t think that’s disputable. 

There are some that just can’t see past him though.

He’s playing the ‘Firmino’ role, dropping deep and creating space clearly under instruction. It’s working well for the team and we’re no longer the one man show we were the last two years. It’s great for the team.

He was alright against Aberdeen. Made space for others, but also gave the ball away which we were nearly punished for and didn’t really have a sniff at goal. He has developed a bit of a habit of giving the ball away in key moments, and with him dropping deep and midfielders going beyond us it leaves us exposed to the counter at times. 

Still hope he’ll hit peak form, but not expecting it anymore to be honest. Think his future lies elsewhere in his mind and Gerrard’s. The system we play now was designed for not having Morelos and going with Roofe as our CF IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 01:48, LegendofCoop said:

Mibee allowed back in May 2021

Archived