Morelos

Swagger

54 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Dont think hes been as bad the last two games as made out. Was linking up well for the most part, nearly scored and caused problems.

Still cant believe he never shot in the first half though.

He clearly can do better but 9 goals/assists in 11 starts is decent.

The problem for myself and many on here is...we all know he is capable of so much better and more....for me he is starting to cut a lonely dejected figure when he is out there....not sure what the answer is but if we get the goal scorer that we had up until December 2019 back to his best then we imho  become 1-3 shots to win the league 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

None of their effort can be faulted but all 3 were poor.

They Couldn’t keep the ball in first half just lost possession constantly.

Don't agree on Kent being poor at all tbh, maybe not great in the first half tbf, but thought he was good second half and Morelos improved as well.

Hagi seemed well off it tonight though.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His passing is nowhere near as bad as made out. Complete myth and becoming tiresome.

88% pass ratio tonight with 34 passes, 2 key passes again. More passes than both Hagi and Kent.

Roofes passing ratio was 33%!

Morelos had an 80% pass completion rate against Celtic as well.

6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Don't agree on Kent being poor at all tbh, maybe not great in the first half tbf, but thought he was good second half and Morelos improved as well.

Hagi seemed well off it tonight though.

Kent worked his arse off.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His passing is nowhere near as bad as made out. Complete myth and becoming tiresome.

Kent, Hagi, Arfield, Aribo and Roofe were all giving the ball away tonight.

88% pass ratio tonight with 34 passes, 2 key passes again. More passes than both Hagi and Kent.

Roofes passing ratio was 33%!

Stats really don’t mean anything to me most of the time. I watched with my own eyes Liege break 4 times through the ball bouncing off Morelos or his pass straight to a Liege player. That’s not good enough. 

Harsh to include Arfield and especially Aribo considering he was playing in a swimming pool the whole time he was on

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hes very slack at times, nobody denys that, but the way people act regarding it is unreal.

People make it out he losses possession all the time, clearly a myth as stats show and ignore other players lose possesion, including Kent.

The front three were poor in first half. The second half became a lottery.

Tbh, the front line haven’t really fired in weeks.

The defence and midfield have been brilliant.

He's being proposed as a number 9 striker but does so much more off the ball that's not being considered. Very intelligent player and he will contribute as he is asked to do. 

Accept that he should be taking some of the chances that he has had.

Roofe is more of a number 9.

54 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve made significant changes to our system and Morelos has been a big part of that, mostly off the ball. Ironically though, think Roofe will offer more doing that role than Morelos does. 

Tough one for the gaffer but great to have those options 

Not really tough he brought in a striker he wanted to play in that system  unfortunatley he's not been fit.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure this new role (false 9) works. More often than not, his first touch is clumsy and his passing is average. In the past, he scores goals with great instinct and in a more forward position.

Gerrard has adapted the Liverpool approach but I'm not so sure Morelos can play it like Firmino does.  Roofe seems more that player to me.

In saying that, I still think Morelos is a very special player and will no doubt start scoring again soon.

This is spot on.  We have clearly changed our style of play where we don't appear to have a centre forward.  Morelos is playing much deeper and involved in more link-up play.  I'm happy that it appears to be working although we haven't perfected it yet.  

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still the same conundrum as past few seasons when it comes to Morelos.

You can’t expect big money for a guy who’s sitting on the bench.

You can't expect big money for a guy turning in performances like he is either.

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Thought he linked things up well tonight. seems to be playing deeper now. Probably needs a goal or two 

not worried though 

His touch was poor at key times and there was a couple of opportunities where last season he would have taken the team on instead of giving ball to someone else. That said, he kept trying and by fuck was I willing him on. My missus used to hate him but the more she's seen rangers play this year cos of the TV games she has seen the shit he has to put up with and she was having a go at me for giving him it tight 😂 that said, he's obviously trying a bit too hard and desperate for a goal. Hopefully they come sooner rather than later! 

11 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Two good saves from the keeper tonight or he could have had a brace. 

He had 3 good chances.

The best one he made the wrong decision and passed. Another, his 1st touch failed him and the great opportunity became a poor one with keeper making a simple block. The final one he worked hard to keep the defender off and hit a decent shot away, will probably be disappointed he didn't find the corner rather than straight at keeper.  All 3 he could have done better.

Him, Kent, Hagi and Barker deserve credit for work ethic and keeping team shape in the last 2 games. None get pass marks for their overall attacking play. Tbh Roofe could start on Sunday and none of last night's starting 3 could complain with any justification.

I think it’s a confidence issue for him but he is playing better in a different role and does a lot of work off the ball. I personally think he misses the crowd. He gets a total lift when we sing his name. He loves it.  

Also he does look shattered but he has a 5 month old baby in the house and that can’t be easy for him either. He’ll come good again once he starts scoring but I do think he needs benched for a couple of games.

54 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

His touch was poor at key times and there was a couple of opportunities where last season he would have taken the team on instead of giving ball to someone else. That said, he kept trying and by fuck was I willing him on. My missus used to hate him but the more she's seen rangers play this year cos of the TV games she has seen the shit he has to put up with and she was having a go at me for giving him it tight 😂 that said, he's obviously trying a bit too hard and desperate for a goal. Hopefully they come sooner rather than later! 

You’re lucky. My wife hates football 

57 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He had 3 good chances.

The best one he made the wrong decision and passed. Another, his 1st touch failed him and the great opportunity became a poor one with keeper making a simple block. The final one he worked hard to keep the defender off and hit a decent shot away, will probably be disappointed he didn't find the corner rather than straight at keeper.  All 3 he could have done better.

Him, Kent, Hagi and Barker deserve credit for work ethic and keeping team shape in the last 2 games. None get pass marks for their overall attacking play. Tbh Roofe could start on Sunday and none of tonight's starting 3 could complain with any justification.

Can't disagree with any of that. 

Archived