Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many excuses made for him 

Was rotten tonight, fair enough he worked hard but so does everyone in our team. 

We need more quality from a lone centre forward, the first half I don’t think he kept hold of the ball once 

If that was Defoe, Roofe or particularly Itten that put that performance in tonight all the guys defending Morelos would be fucking spewing and wanting them dropped 

He is still doing a job for the team, but for me his inability to hold up the ball is going to end up costing us.

I thought overall he did ok tonight, but as Super Ally highlighted after the game he is not looking as comfortable receiving the ball as he once did.

System, confidence or whatever it is against better opposition giving th4 ball away so cheaply will cause us huge problems.

Roofe looks the better option and I wouldnt mind a look at Itten through the middle either.

Pretty typical of his season.

He filled the position asked of him well, gave full effort, offered little himself as an attacking force, and an at times dreadful touch put us into danger on occasion.

He's not doing enough of the basics well which would allow him to be a more effective attacking threat from whichever front 3 position he is in.

Tav, Goldson, Kamara and possibly Kent seem to play better without the crowds in the ground. Alfie loves the adulation and plays to a crowd. If we get fans back into stadiums then I'd hope to see him back to his best. I'm not saying he's playing badly but I think we'll get another 10-15% out of him.

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Would only be a disaster as we wouldn't get near what he's actually worth 

If he leaves and Roofe gets injured who do you play up front?

I'm far from convinced Roofe, Itten or Defoe can lead the line against the likes of Aberdeen or Hibs away, never mind Europe. 

1 minute ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'm far from convinced Roofe, Itten or Defoe can lead the line against the likes of Aberdeen or Hibs away.

Be confident in Roofe now. Suspect Itten would come good too. 

2 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Tav, Goldson, Kamara and possibly Kent seem to play better without the crowds in the ground. Alfie loves the adulation and plays to a crowd. If we get fans back into stadiums then I'd hope to see him back to his best. I'm not saying he's playing badly but I think we'll get another 10-15% out of him.

Except he was shite with crowds after Xmas this year... 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Be confident in Roofe now. Suspect Itten would come good too. 

Roofe was poor tonight too and was poor against Poznan at home. We all know what happened in that game..

Itten hasn't had a rest since joining and I certainly wouldn't be relying on him this year going on his performances so far.

Just now, King Jela said:

Rotten. His antics infuriate me. 

I'm a big defender of him and I honestly hate to bring the good feeling from tonight down and buzzkill but I thought his attitude stank tonight.

Right from the off he looked like the Morelos of old (attitude-wise) giving away stupid, needless fouls and throwing the hands in the air and taking the huff.

Again, without criticising tonight too much, we had too many folk nowhere near their best without him being like that. 

Rightly subbed. 

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Realistically he is away in January or end of season. We need to start building the team on that basis. We signed both Itten and Roofe at a time we all expected Morelos to head to Lille. Time to start bedding in the replacements with more starts for both of them. 

We would have signed another if Morelos went.

1 minute ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'm far from convinced Roofe, Itten or Defoe can lead the line against the likes of Aberdeen or Hibs away.

Any 1 of them can with how we are playing now , a year ago we were a 1 man team we aren't now , I don't want him gone in jan , we need to get him back to top form first , he's a 30m player in my eyes , we just need to get him back there 

2 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Roofe was poor tonight too and was poor against Poznan at home. We all know what happened in that game..

Itten hasn't had a rest since joining and I certainly wouldn't be relying on him this year going on his performances so far.

Agree re Roofe.

What do you mean Itten hasn't had a rest since joining? He's hardly played and I'm sure he didn't go away last international break.

Archived