Morelos

Swagger

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm a big defender of him and I honestly hate to bring the good feeling from tonight down and buzzkill but I thought his attitude stank tonight.

Right from the off he looked like the Morelos of old (attitude-wise) giving away stupid, needless fouls and throwing the hands in the air and taking the huff.

Again, without criticising tonight too much, we had too many folk nowhere near their best without him being like that. 

Rightly subbed. 

Spot on. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We get you hate the guy...agreed he is underperforming but you criticise his every move, give him a break ffs

He's right to criticise his every move when Morelos is acting like a petulant wean chucking his toys oot the pram. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agree re Roofe.

What do you mean Itten hasn't had a rest since joining? He's hardly played and I'm sure he didn't go away last international break.

He played a lot of games during July and August with St Gallen when Swiss league resumed. He then joined us so hasn't had a proper pre season if you will.

Gerrard has said a few times he is having to be very careful with him. I honestly don't think we will see the best of him till next year after a proper preseason.

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

He played a lot of games during July and August with St Gallen when Swiss league resumed. He then joined us so hasn't had a proper pre season if you will.

Fair enough in terms of time frame but he shouldn't have needed the preseason if playing during summer. I dont think he's offered enough but then again, I don't think Morelos does either and he plays regularly.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair enough in terms of time frame but he shouldn't have needed the preseason if playing during summer. I dont think he's offered enough but then again, I don't think Morelos does either and he plays regularly.

I'd expect Itten to start on Sunday tbh. He looks ok in spells and poor in others. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He's right to criticise his every move when Morelos is acting like a petulant wean chucking his toys oot the pram. 

Fair enough but he hasn't been petulant all season but his criticism of him has been ceaseless.....two separate points imo 

Far better team when he’s not on the pitch and everyone up front has some vision/technical ability 

Our style last season suited him because he was the main man, we’re now attacking as a team and his style doesn’t fit. That being said he should be able to do basic shit like control a ball and lay it off. 

Can’t get over everyone writing Itten off, came on as a striker for a grand total of 20 minutes in one game and scored twice. Rest of the time he’s shoved wide right or gets a 5 minute cameo so I’ve no idea how folk have decided he’s shite meanwhile Alfie has the ball bouncing off him left, right and centre not threatening to score, giving the ball away in dangerous areas, giving away silly fouls, breaking down most attacks he’s involved in but the same people who don’t rate Itten think he can do no wrong and it’s alright because he’s still trying and it’s just not going for him

5 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Am I not entitled to my opinion? 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....it's just you have reiterated the same stuff about Morelos for months now...if that is your contribution as a poster then you crack on....I just find it all a bit tiresome that's all

Just now, hammer93 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....it's just you have reiterated the same stuff about Morelos for months now...if that is your contribution as a poster then you crack on....I just find it all a bit tiresome that's all

If Morelos stops being shite i'll stop criticising him!!

8 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Far better team when he’s not on the pitch and everyone up front has some vision/technical ability 

Our style last season suited him because he was the main man, we’re now attacking as a team and his style doesn’t fit. That being said he should be able to do basic shit like control a ball and lay it off. 

Can’t get over everyone writing Itten off, came on as a striker for a grand total of 20 minutes in one game and scored twice. Rest of the time he’s shoved wide right or gets a 5 minute cameo so I’ve no idea how folk have decided he’s shite meanwhile Alfie has the ball bouncing off him left, right and centre not threatening to score, giving the ball away in dangerous areas, giving away silly fouls, breaking down most attacks he’s involved in but the same people who don’t rate Itten think he can do no wrong and it’s alright because he’s still trying and it’s just not going for him

You’re miles aff it man 

Best football we've played has been with Kent. Morelos and Roofe up front - teams, especially in the SPFL, don't know how to cope with it.

I think Defoe can come into that three, probably in place of Morelos, but it doesn't seem to work so well with Itten.

I'd be delighted if Itten could prove himself as a viable target man, but he doesn't have the reaction time of either Morelos, Roofe or Defoe when a ball drops to him. For me he lacks physicality and doesn't do as much off the ball as the others.

End of the day, Gerrard, McAllister, Beale will make the decision, rather than anyone on a messageboard. So it's all a bit of a moot point until the team is announced for Sunday.

I dont subscribe to him being pish recently but I will say that he can do more. I dont doubt that he's contributing to the team, moving defenders etc, but I still see lots of occasions in most games he could have done better. And often, in a similar situation in the past, we've all seen him do better in the past.

Cracking player  and I'm so glad he's still in our shirt. We all know he's gonna leave at some point.  I just hope when he does, he's got medals in his pocket, which i think means we get paid accordingly, and I think he can ensure that by bucking up a bit overall. And maybe getting back to having a real strike when he gets a half chance

Alfie was very poor in first half, when we really need him to be holding up ball and taking pressure off us. He improved in 2nd half as team did. But he does seem to lack the zip and drive his play had last year. Perhaps partially due to change in tactics. But I think it’s also his own approach at times, But also tonight, he should have been played in around 3 times which could have left him 1 on 1 with their keeper, but each time pass was poor and beyond his reach. I don’t think he’s firing on all cylinders but equally I still think service to him has been poor. 

Archived