Morelos

Swagger

50 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos has 7 goals this season.  That’s the same number as Roofe and Arfield.  Kent has scored 6.  So they’re scoring the same amount of goals.  You said they’re all playing the same position but “the others are scoring”, when in fact they’re all scoring. 

AM has got 5 goals and less assists according this but not sure if it’s up to date:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/top-scorers

I’ve been saying for weeks that it’s night and day between him and KR regarding working out of possession where KR is right on the opposition whereas AM also seems a yard short and that’s kind of backed up today by SG where he saying KR is covering more ground than anyone and that includes the midfield.

I see Arfield as an attacking midfielder.

C5DA54CF-0A9C-4A62-97FA-0F88E16371D3.jpeg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

AM has got 5 goals and less assists according this but not sure if it’s up to date:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/top-scorers

I’ve been saying for weeks that it’s night and day between him and KR regarding working out of possession where KR is right on the opposition whereas AM also seems a yard short and that’s kind of backed up today by SG where he saying KR is covering more ground than anyone and that includes the midfield.

There’s a pinned thread at the top of the forum which shows how many goals and assists the players have across all competitions.  Your criticism is that Morelos wasn’t scoring as much as Roofe or Kent, well, he is.  

I’d also add that Morelos drops deeper than Arfield many times in an effort to create space.  Look at the Galatasaray game for example.  Morelos drops deep, Arfield runs in to the space left, we get a goal from it.  

44 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Noticed it myself mate, he does look slower and less fit. Even the mrs said that he looked slow last night and she hardly watches football. 

Not just me then!

👍

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/top-scorers

Quite interesting. Roofe’s minutes per goal is around half of Morelos. 

Also Kamara’s MPG :lol: 

48 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

Always makes me chuckle that considering how much of a grumpy looking bastard he is, he’s the only player that smiles in the line up photos 

E4545DE7-92D5-4248-8756-4F8CD7C41669.jpeg

He’s definitely got a sense of humour, seen that in a few training clips

3 hours ago, dougie76 said:

He is a huge part of this team, yes he isn't scoring the goals but he is doing more than enough to stay in the team, his goals will come and if he drops below the standard required l'm sure Gerrard wouldn't be shy in dropping him. You just need to listen to how his teammates talk about him to know how valuable he is to us.

Nope RM says he’s shite, management and team mates have got it wrong 😆

Saying that last night wasn’t great from him but he wasn’t alone in that. I think Alfredo gets singled out on here at times for unfair criticism other times some of the criticism is justified. 

Some people just don’t like him as a person or a player and will always look to have a pop at him for trivial things. Doesn’t smile enough is a belter 🤣

2 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Not making excuses for Roofe but sometimes when a chance falls to a player that he has time to think about can more difficult to put away. You see it all the time with strikers. Anyway we still got the win, and Roofe is going to be a very important for us this season. 

Aye, he's got Kenny Miller syndrome...

I get that he drops deeper to make space for others, and I said so in a recent post.

What I don't get is that he looked as if he couldn't trap a bag of cement last night.

The ball bounced off hi several times and gave possession away.

When playing with one up front it's very important that the ball sticks to give mids time to support.

37 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nope RM says he’s shite, management and team mates have got it wrong 😆

Saying that last night wasn’t great from him but he wasn’t alone in that. I think Alfredo gets singled out on here at times for unfair criticism other times some of the criticism is justified. 

Some people just don’t like him as a person or a player and will always look to have a pop at him for trivial things. Doesn’t smile enough is a belter 🤣

Mind Negri was another one that didn’t smile enough either

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Don’t think RM was a thing back in Negris days mate certainly not for me anyway 😆

Lucky for him :lol:

I remember he was interviewed when he was still a player for us and he felt the need to explain why he didn’t smile or celebrate too much. He said it was because he was so focussed on the game.

6 minutes ago, Swally said:

Lucky for him :lol:

I remember he was interviewed when he was still a player for us and he felt the need to explain why he didn’t smile or celebrate too much. He said it was because he was so focussed on the game.

🤣

I do actually remember something like that mate, was a long time ago now though. 

So what’s happened to the player who used his upper body strength to muscle defenders off the ball, where’s the guy you’d back to win every 50/50 ball. Where’s the pace that would get him away from defenders? Does anyone think his value is as high as it was when he was displaying all these attributes?

Only seen the highlights today, but crucially involved in the first 2 goals & would have had a tap in for the third. Previously was up front on his own & put himself about with venom while attracting too much attention from officials.. I think he's adapting brilliantly to his new role & long may it continue.

I don't think he played that well personally, in the first half there were at least 2 brilliant crosses into the box which a striker on his toes would have put away but Alfredo was nowhere near them. 

Last season he was head and shoulders above his current level) before the winter break). 

His role has changed, but I still think he's overthinking nearly every touch. 

Almost as if he's kicking a rugby ball instead of a football.

I do acknowledge he's coming in deep and appreciate he's playing a far bigger role in the team...But he's lacking confidence and not his usual self at all. 

Frightening that he's not firing in the slightest but we're still in this position.

Archived