Morelos

Swagger

Morelos’ is now a difficult issue he ain’t scoring freely like he was before however the issue was he was the only one scoring and we still ended up winning fuck all. He’s not scoring as much just now but he seems to work like fuck and terrorise defences to open them up which seems to work really well in the new way we’re playing 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

There's a lot of nonsense written on here about Alfie, but he is still our best striker.

He is also adapting to a new way of playing this season, and works really hard, i still think he is contributing to the team, but not with goals.

Unfortunately, turning on our own players is standard for some on here.

He is becoming a scapegoat for many, who cannot accept he is part of a winning team who have made our best start to the season , for a long while.

We always need someone to complain about.

It seems to me as soon as you’re critical about Morelos you yourself are attacked.

Sorry, but he’s deserving of criticism just like he was deserving of praise. 

His decision making was poor last night, so was his finishing. His overall play would be described by me as lacklustre with a few good moments dotted around.

Quite a few people had written off  Roofe because he hadn’t been scoring or was as prolific as what we had hoped. the excuses of getting into good positions, linking up, working hard for the team didn’t seem to work with him, so I’m confused as to why they work for morelos. The very fact Roofe had been out for so long prior to coming to us didn’t even matter to some.

56 minutes ago, Swally said:

It seems to me as soon as you’re critical about Morelos you yourself are attacked.

His decision making was poor last night, so was his finishing. His overall play would be described by me as lacklustre with a few good moments dotted around.

Quite a few people had written off  Roofe because he hadn’t been scoring or was as prolific as what we had hoped. the excuses of getting into good positions, linking up, working hard for the team didn’t seem to work with him, so I’m confused as to why they work for morelos. The very fact Roofe had been out for so long prior to coming to us didn’t even matter to some.

Teams win titles , not individuals,  he is part of a team who are now winning and not conceding goals , he is doing his job.

There is more to him than his goals now.

Still think he has a lot to offer us.

Just now, jbm26896 said:

Teams win titles , not individuals,  he is part of a team who are mow winning and not conceding goals , he is doing his job.

There is more to him than his goals now.

Still think he has a lot to offer us.

He is not doing his job, one of the main things is to score goals, most other things he’s doing are simply nice to haves.

Ally

He told BT Sport: "They have one quick problem - the centre forward isn't firing on all cylinders.

"You'd have thought Kemar Roofe will be in at the weekend.

"Morelos is still nothing like the player he has been. Nothing like it.

The most important thing is Rangers, not Morelos. He isn’t performing to the required standard so needs to be dropped. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

He is not doing his job, one of the main things is to score goals, most other things he’s doing are simply nice to haves.

Ally

He told BT Sport: "They have one quick problem - the centre forward isn't firing on all cylinders.

The most important thing is Rangers, not Morelos. He isn’t performing to the required standard so needs to be dropped. Simple as that.

You think football is a production line?

8 minutes ago, Swally said:

Ally

I think he is, not really intersted in McCoists opinion to be honest.

Winning teams should not be changed, unless injuries occur.

Just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

You think football is a production line?

I think certain people refuse to see issues with Morelos because of his long past accomplishments.

He’s not at it, and continuing to play a player who isn’t at his best can drive him even further down. Drive the whole team down actually because he isn’t being played on his merits any more. 

I’ve done enough of singing his praises, he deserves criticism now.

Remember when people were saying Morelos bailed the whole team out on this occasion and that occasion? I said no, this is not the case, the team have also bailed Morelos out on occasion as well.

Now the team are constantly bailing him out, and you can bet if the rest of the team hadn’t bailed Morelos out in recent times people would not be holding back in their criticism of him.

25 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

I think he is, not really intersted in McCoists opinion to be honest.

Winning teams should not be changed, unless injuries occur.

Just my opinion.

my sentiments exactly, not the first time he's had a go at the Buff and happy to ignore other players having a below par performances, to be honest after his stint as a manager I can't take any of his opinions seriously 

20 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think certain people refuse to see issues with Morelos because of his long past accomplishments.

He’s not at it, and continuing to play a player who isn’t at his best can drive him even further down. Drive the whole team down actually because he isn’t being played on his merits any more. 

I’ve done enough of singing his praises, he deserves criticism now.

Remember when people were saying Morelos bailed the whole team out on this occasion and that occasion? I said no, this is not the case, the team have also bailed Morelos out on occasion as well.

Now the team are constantly bailing him out, and you can bet if the rest of the team hadn’t bailed Morelos out in recent times people would not be holding back in their criticism of him.

Or is it the way he is being played and the role his manager has given him. I will not judge a payer solely by how many goals he scores. Is a team game. Our team is rocking. If Morelos ever scores again but is part of a system where we win the league then who cares??

3 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Or is it the way he is being played and the role his manager has given him. I will not judge a payer solely by how many goals he scores. Is a team game. Our team is rocking. If Morelos ever scores again but is part of a system where we win the league then who cares??

certainly not me mate, but it's unlikely that a misfiring morelos would guide us to that, we need everyone performing upfront.

the moment he passed inside the box where it was clear shooting was the only option to take goes along with the idea that he's low in confidence

sometimes you can battle through low confidence by continuously playing, this doesn't seem to be working and my biggest fear is we make things worse for him.

i personally think he'll benefit from being dropped. once he's got his shit together he can hopefully come back and be the player we all know he can be

12 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

How the manager asks him to play doesn’t effect him not getting a shot away when you are clear in the box, taking 8 touches to try and control the ball in the centre of the park or giving the ball away on a regular basis.

No one hates Morelos or wants to see him fail, but he isn’t doing what he was capable of. He was absolutely unplayable the first half of last season and (despite what some are claiming) he hasn’t kicked his own arse since his red card at the filth. 

I like Morelos and still think he’s our best striker.  However, Roofe looks like a better and more composed finisher in and around the box.  He’s so good on the ball he could play in midfield.  I’d like to see Roofe get a run of games up front and let’s see what he can do. I think he’ll score goals for us and be a real quality addition.  

46 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Can't see us getting a big fee for him anymore. Hopefully he contributes to winning the title this season though.

All it takes is a few goals against Benfica and Poznan in the Euro games coming up and people will start talking about him again.  

21 hours ago, Swagger said:

No not a negative thread but just thinking there the team is flying and our main striker is struggling. 
If we can get him back to his explosive best then this team can go to another level yet. 
He’s still working away but needs those goals to come soon 

He has been watching too many Liverpool games and the way Firmino plays. Mo is coming too deep for me just now and should be annoying the fuck out of the defenders and let the midfield link with him.

4 hours ago, Swally said:

Spot on for me. Was going to make the exact same point the other day. The same people who were laughing at "Roofe's movement" praise are the same people banding this "new role" nonsense about Morelos. He has 6 goals in 26 games in 2020 I believe and has been poor for the majority of it.

The new role excuse is utter rubbish tbh, even if it was true then he should still be dropped if he's not suiting it. I'm not against Morelos, he's been sensational for us. But he's been way off it for too long, his antics have continued and this is why we signed 2 big money strikers. Time for him to be dropped, if he reclaims his spot through merit then absolutely fantastic. The slack he gets compared to other players is silly though

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Spot on for me. Was going to make the exact same point the other day. The same people who were laughing at "Roofe's movement" praise are the same people banding this "new role" nonsense about Morelos. He has 6 goals in 26 games in 2020 I believe and has been poor for the majority of it.

The new role excuse is utter rubbish tbh, even if it was true then he should still be dropped if he's not suiting it. I'm not against Morelos, he's been sensational for us. But he's been way off it for too long, his antics have continued and this is why we signed 2 big money strikers. Time for him to be dropped, if he reclaims his spot through merit then absolutely fantastic. The slack he gets compared to other players is silly though

I honestly think he’ll come back stronger if he’s dropped. He’s toiling just now and maybe he needs a bit of time to reflect about his career as well to get things straight.

His career is still in his hands, I have no doubt he would have gotten his move if he concentrated 100% on Rangers during the Lille interest. He didn’t though, he’s kind of fucked things up for himself in that sense.

Just now, Swally said:

I honestly think he’ll come back stronger if he’s dropped. He’s toiling just now and maybe he needs a bit of time to reflect about his career as well to get things straight.

His career is still in his hands, I have no doubt he would have gotten his move if he concentrated 100% on Rangers during the Lille interest. He didn’t though, he’s kind of fucked things up for himself in that sense.

I think he cares about getting his big move. If he's dropped he'll know he has to come back stronger. I don't think we should be wasting any more game time waiting for him to do it though. Let him get back in training and as a sub and let the in form players play and get goals

Players shouldn't keep their place if they're playing significantly poorer on an ongoing basis that the overall team performance. Unfortunately for Alfie, that's him.

Also if players are given the chance to impress and take it then its doubly reason why they should retain the jersey. Thats Arfield previously and now Roofe as long as he's physically up to it, or to at least starting.

Yes rotation, fitness, tactics, etc must all come into the equation. But in every position there's now someone pushing the player in the jersey for their jersey to be considered 1st pick. Its got to be the case that the one in form becomes that first pick until roles reverse and someone else deserves it more.

4 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

If you’re touting your CF as not for sale unless the bid is £20m, then you really do judge him on his goals.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

I like Morelos and still think he’s our best striker.  However, Roofe looks like a better and more composed finisher in and around the box.  He’s so good on the ball he could play in midfield.  I’d like to see Roofe get a run of games up front and let’s see what he can do. I think he’ll score goals for us and be a real quality addition.  

Ours or their’s?  Suppose it makes no difference. 😀

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Players shouldn't keep their place if they're playing significantly poorer on an ongoing basis that the overall team performance. Unfortunately for Alfie, that's him.

Also if players are given the chance to impress and take it then its doubly reason why they should retain the jersey. Thats Arfield previously and now Roofe as long as he's physically up to it, or to at least starting.

Yes rotation, fitness, tactics, etc must all come into the equation. But in every position there's now someone pushing the player in the jersey for their jersey to be considered 1st pick. Its got to be the case that the one in form becomes that first pick until roles reverse and someone else deserves it more.

Spot on

Wee man needs to up his game. 

Last season up to Christmas he was bullying defenders. This season he isn't. Certainly to the same extent.

He is is also coming too deep. You never saw Super Ally in those positions.

I firmly believe he will come good.

Archived