Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG on Morelos form

”These things happen,” he said. “He’s not the first centre-forward that this has happened to. They have moments and phases where they are not in top form.

“He is working hard, he’s doing a job for the team. His all-round play is good, he’s just maybe lacking that wee bit of confidence in front of goal.

“That’s for me to deal with and it will turn. I’m sure it will turn. He’s just got to keep doing the right things and it will turn for him.”

SG on the yellow card

But Gerrard insists the referee made the right call as he shot down suggestions an elbow had been used.

Asked if he would talk to the striker about the incident, Gerrard hit back, saying: “Why would I speak to him about that?

“I didn’t see an elbow. If you look at him again, there’s no elbow there. The referee saw it and dealt with it.

“It was a foul and a yellow card and it’s been dealt with.

“But if you look at it again, next time I see you you’ll say it wasn’t an elbow.”

We move on, Alfie will probably sit on the bench for the next game. If he gets a ban we’ve got players ready to step in. 

Was working today so only saw it recently on the highlights and it was inexcusable to be honest. He has his eyes on the player and while it isn't an elbow, he catches the player full on with his arm. 

I don't think he could have any complaints if it was a red. Reckless from him.

Kris Boyd suggested taking a big bag of footballs and spend a while just hitting the ball into the net just to hear that sound and feel that rush as the net moves, like you did as a kid.

Two teammates feeding passes (dozens and dozens of times) into him from either side and just letting him lash into the net for fun might put a smile on his face.

Needs to buck up big time and today’s behaviour (the disrespect and the sulk, not just the stupid yellow) was not acceptable for a Rangers player.

I've been happy with Alfredo this season as he has clearly made a big contribution to how we have been playing.

We are far more attack minded with him not being the sole focus of the team......today I dont think he was at the races and the silly elbow meant he should have came off sooner.

That for me was a mistake on Stevie Gs part, one that cost us in previous seasons but thankfully not today.

Alfredo is still the main man for me but he has to perform every game as Itten is really pushing for that main slot.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Right now that the bickering has stopped... can the compliance officer lstill ook at this if a yellow card was handed out?

Maybe it was mentioned earlier.

I thought the compliance officer could only look at things the ref didn't see. The ref saw this and gave him a yellow.

It definitely looks like there's something different about him this year.

I guess the positive view is that he's saving the goals for the crunch time of the season when others aren't scoring as much. Hopefully anyway. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Right now that the bickering has stopped... can the compliance officer lstill ook at this if a yellow card was handed out?

Maybe it was mentioned earlier.

From Feb 2019 following complaint made to the CO by an unnamed source:

Hibs defender Darnell Johnson has lost his appeal against a two-game ban.

The on-loan Leicester City star was cited for a crunching challenge on Celtic 's Emilio Izaguirre last Wednesday.

Johnson was initially booked by ref Craig Thomson but the footage was reviewed by the SFA and it was decided further punishment was justified.

Hibs rejected the suspension offer but have now had their challenge thrown out.

5 hours ago, SPWF said:

Would you like to discuss other things that never happened? Say we hadn’t conceded those two goals in the UEFA Cup Final, and had got the penalty we should’ve, who did you think would’ve won MOTM for us? 

Pretty absurd response from you tbh.

No I'm perfectly content discussing a challenge that was made yesterday, not something that didn't happen 12 years ago. It was made by the very player being discussed in this thread which is titled 'Morelos' funnily enough.

Asking if it was at risk of being a red card challenge isn't some out there concept given it was described as that on this forum at the time and since, and by numerous commentators at the match.

Seems only you and a select few refuse to answer on it being a challenge that could have brought a red. Guess it doesn't fit your narrative the obvious answer.

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Remember when @SeparateEntityMyArsekept pulling up @BridgeIsBlue for hypothetical comments.

Now he's on about potential dropped points today with a red card...

:mutley:

In a really good place atm and he can't help himself arguing on the Internet because he can't face losing an argument. 

Sad to see imo. 

Can tell who the wee boys are who have never seen a half decent Rangers striker before Morelos came along are by the responses in this thread. 

Blue tinted specs are bad enough, but even worse when you’ve got a Morelos poster on your bedroom wall at your maws house. 

It should have / could have been a red card, which probably would have cost us 2 or 3 points. Completely selfish.

He’s playing like shite and has been for a while. Everyone knows it, some just can’t accept it. 

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Definitely a red card in my books. Any silly mistakes this season just can't be afforded. Look at Jones and Edmundson. 

I'm not saying Morelos should be sacked of course, he's still a good player albiet off the boil but for the past few weeks that hasn't affected him postively affecting the team with his runs and plays to open space up. 

If morelos can add goals to his account again he'll be an alround great striker. However silly petulant acts like today needs to be utterly cut out, i dont want someone that in anyway resembles what scott brown does and to me that what that reeked of today. 

The boys at Rangers and we're going for a historic 55 and this year it feels realer than ever. Playing 10 men could've seen us drop 2/3 points, thats 2/3 points that could change the season and with celtic looking to be on the up, it's something we can't afford to lose.

For me, he should be dropped for Itten whose showing promise at the moment and brought on as a sub, his behaviour has been good but he needs reminded that its not needed and shouldn't be let off easily. 

I agree with everything you said but the part in bold leaves me scratching my head. The Lille game meant fuck all, they still leaked another two goals, and yesterday they’ve recorded what would be considered a routine win in any other season against the team sitting 11th out of 12.

They will continue to leak goals and that cannot be considered an improvement.

People trusting what Gerrard is saying :lol:

Gerrard at times says exactly what he has to, to a biased cretinous media in order to try and sway things in our favour - just like most managers.

To believe his opinion is without bias and is straight up is naive at best.

Of course he’s going to defend players unless he feels there’s a benefit to calling them out, it’s good management.

Should have been a red. Don't think we would have lost points if Morelos was sent off though. He played shite and missed so many chances that we would have better playing with 10 men.

Bench him on Wednesday. Not because of that tackle, but because he couldn't hit the side of an aircraft hangar at the moment. 

Should never have been on to start with and thus given the opportunity to bring more grief to our door along with another series of missed chances. The reason I say our door is that I dont think he cares a jot about his team mates or the club, its all about him.

58 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Watched it many times and he does lash out with a flick of his arm not his elbow. It was stupid but not a sending off as Brown does it most weeks for the papes and is never sent off.

Best forgotten and we move on..........

FS , Brown is a protected species . 

Nobody gets away with what Brown does . 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Can tell who the wee boys are who have never seen a half decent Rangers striker before Morelos came along are by the responses in this thread. 

Blue tinted specs are bad enough, but even worse when you’ve got a Morelos poster on your bedroom wall at your maws house. 

It should have / could have been a red card, which probably would have cost us 2 or 3 points. Completely selfish.

He’s playing like shite and has been for a while. Everyone knows it, some just can’t accept it. 

so many Rangers fans cant accept it. then call you stupid.

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've still not answered two simple questions. I've answered yours in that he wasn't red carded.

1. Did his challenge put him at risk of a 12th minute red card for a deliberate action?

2. Would a 12th minute red card have likely had a negative impact on us getting 3 points?

Simple questions, not sure the need to avoid answering...

Can I answer, please please !

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. None of the above 1-2 the Gers 3 points an an elbow to the face of a scummy bastard

what’s not to like 😂 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Can I answer, please please !

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. None of the above 1-2 the Gers 3 points an an elbow to the face of a scummy bastard

what’s not to like 😂 

Well done mate. Thanks for that 😁

Whats not to like imo is a player puting himself at risk of a 12th minute red card for a deliberate action, which would likely have had a negative impact on us getting 3 points. As you agree.

Some like you may happily accept it as an opponent got a sore face and no red card was issued, I'm more bothered by the stupidity, selfishness and the risk to our campaign not only from yesterday but should it be seen as acceptable and he does it again. Thats all, thanks for playing 😁.

Archived